• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pacing and Rest

K

Katie

I won't comment on Colin Barton but when it comes to pacing you can arm yourself with the basics and self-manage. Only you can know your body and learn how to adapt to each day and learn from each slip back and each step forward. Everyone is so unique that it is impossible to set out a blueprint that could be used for everyone, especially when you factor in emotional and mental stress which is so variable. No matter how well intentioned people may be, pacing can also be dogmatic and lean more towards the tenets of GET (pushing through) rather than listening to your body.

I'm only following some basic tenets of pacing atm, sleep routine, resting before any major days, breaking up my jobs with rest but not keeping track of times or steps. I'm going into a pacing lecture when you haven't asked for one so I'll stop now!