• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Oslers Web A Prequel to Autism?

natasa778

http://www.ageofautism.com/2010/07/oslers-web-a-prequel-to-autism.html

By Kent Heckenlively, Esq.

For a long time I believed there was no group more wretched and abandoned by mainstream medicine than children with autism and their families.

However, after reading the magnificent book Oslers Web Inside the Labyrinth of the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Epidemic by Hillary Johnson I have found a group which can reasonably lay claim to a similar level of hostility and indifference from the medical community. ....

jewel

Thanks for posting this well-written, compassionate summary. Well worth reading. J.

richvank

Hi, Natasa.

Thanks for posting this. As you may know, I believe that autism and CFS share the same basic biochemical issues. I posted a comment to that effect on the article you cited.

Best regards,

Rich

Frickly

Excellent article! Are we finally starting to make the connection? I hope that we will see many more articles like this one in the near future.

Wayne

Hi Natasa,

Thanks much for posting this. I would highly recommend this article for anybody who has not, or doesn't have the energy to read "Osler's Web" by Hillary Johnson. I believe this article give a very helpful overview of how ME/CFS has been viewed for almost three decades now, and explains a lot of how the CDC is behaving regarding XMRV research.

Wayne

serenity

very good article.
i am one of those who does not have it in me to read Osler's Web, i have it - but it's a big book! i can hardly read a magazine.