• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Officially diagnosed with Autoimmune Encephalitis

crypt0cu1t

IG: @crypt0cu1t
I just had a great consult with a very well known rheumatologist who looked over my records and agreed that I do have autoimmune Encephalitis.

I'll soon be starting SCIG, Cellcept & rituximab as soon as I have a complete cancer workup to rule out malignancies.

I'm really hoping that this time I get the right treatment and get my life back.

crypt0cu1t

May I asked what lab markers and clinic led your doctor to diagnose you with autoimmune encephalitis? Do you have specific auto-antibodies?

I really hope that this treatment works for you! Wishing you the best luck!

Sergio
Yes, I have AChR Binding antibodies, AChR Ganglionic Antibodies, high ESR, high CRP, abnormal EEG and a very abnormal PET Scan.

crypt0cu1t

Hi, @crypt0cu1t

I really appreciate you sharing your story, and I especially appreciate that you shared the testing and findings that led to your diagnosis. That is hugely helpful to those who may follow in your footsteps, be it now, or in the future.

I wish you a very successful treatment and recovery!
Thank you so much for the kind words, I will be updating everyone here on my journey as much as possible!

Zebra

I just had a great consult with a very well known rheumatologist who looked over my records and agreed that I do have autoimmune Encephalitis.

Hi, @crypt0cu1t

Would you be willing to share the full name and location of this rheumatologist with me?

Either on this thread or via PM?

I would REALLY, REALLY appreciate it.

Thank you in advance!

P.S. Hope you saw my post on your new thread.