• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Offering ride from San Fran area to Mikovits lecture

RivkaRivka

if anyone needs a ride FROM THE SAN FRANCISCO AREA to the lecture, please private message me. i know someone who is going and is offering a ride.

Otis

Señor Mumbler
Rivka,

I wish I were chose enough to tag along!

I can't see a problem with taking notes. On Facebook Andrea said the video will be put up on the WPI site so I imagine no sensitive info will be covered.

illsince1977

A shadow of my former self
There will be a video posted on GMA's website. I was emailed this by a staff person when I told her I was unable to attend because I'm too ill. It's very nice of them to consider us very ill patients in this regard.

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
I would have certainly thought there would be some information that would make it back to the forum. It's possible that some of the information mentioned was part of a paper waiting to be published (which might happen in the next 3 or 4 years!, but I want get started on that!), so no one can talk about it.

leela

I have not posted about the talk yet, and I suspect others have not, because the talk went way long. This was due to fog having delayed Judy's flight for six and a half hours--she could have driven there faster--and thus arrived an hour and a half late to the talk. Annette did a nice job of reviewing, and Judy did a speedy version of her presentation.
I am totally exhausted from attending, and so will not even attempt to paraphrase, at least not just now. There was not a lot we don't already know, though things sound hopeful for treatment with a combo of antivirals and immune modulators.
I'll try to recap some highlights tomorrow if no one else does, or if the WPI/GMA doesn't put up slides etc.(There were some good slides.)

These two women are extraordinary. I wish I could award them prizes. There should be a Nobel Compassion in Action prize and they should share it.

p.s. I suspect if you check "Lannie in the Lymelight" there might be a good summary there before too long...

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
Thanks leela, There was mention of Judy having a airline problems and Annette might have to stand in for her. Bet you are exhausted and hope you rest well tonight. I know that Andrea was trying to keep a low profile, but did you get any indication as to how she was doing?

Maybe, the video will be posted before to long as well. The GMA website also mentioned an interview with Dr. Mikovits and local radio/television station, but I could not find it.

Thanks