• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nominate WPI for the American Express Members Project

shannah

Thanks for the constant reminders.

I think I've been voting every week (some weeks probably twice) but seeing the reminders certainly helps.

*GG*

Yeah, I am not sure what happened with this effort.

1st I did not realize it was a weekly thing.

I thought I had voted for this in the past, seems a little familiar, seems like more attention could have been brought to this Action!

I just registered for this, but I don't think that it was needed before?

GG

CAST ONE VOTE EACH WEEK

winners announced November 29 2010

Even one vote can make a big difference with Members Project. Help decide which five charities will receive a total of $1,000,000 in funding from American Express. You can vote for one charity every week and new winners will be announced every three months.

Can't find an organization in our list? Suggest a Charity = Whittemore Peterson Institute again: WHITTEMORE PETERSON INSTITUTE

there is less than 1 week to Vote people, so do what you can!

http://www.takepart.com/membersproject/vote

TheMoonIsBlue

Yeah, I am not sure what happened with this effort.

1st I did not realize it was a weekly thing.

I thought I had voted for this in the past, seems a little familiar, seems like more attention could have been brought to this Action!

I just registered for this, but I don't think that it was needed before?

GG

CAST ONE VOTE EACH WEEK

winners announced November 29 2010

Even one vote can make a big difference with Members Project. Help decide which five charities will receive a total of $1,000,000 in funding from American Express. You can vote for one charity every week and new winners will be announced every three months.

Can't find an organization in our list? Suggest a Charity = Whittemore Peterson Institute again: WHITTEMORE PETERSON INSTITUTE

there is less than 1 week to Vote people, so do what you can!

http://www.takepart.com/membersproject/vote

Hello! :)
I'm not sure why this isn't getting more attention either- maybe some people think this has been going on for a while, but this is a new thing- WPI just posted it on their website maybe about a month ago.

You only have to register to vote..........but we aren't voting for WPI, we are just Nominating them right now. If they get enough nominations and are chosen they will be in the running for the next round of voting to win $1 million dollars........but it won't happen unless we start gaining momentum and get the word out! The link in my first post is the link to use....takes less than 1 minute..... I believe you can nominate more than once, because nominating isn't voting.......not sure......but we can try as much as possible.

The winners that will be announced on November 29 are the charities that are already listed.........we need to get WPI enough nominations so they are up there for the next round........

I am still learning the boards, could a more experienced member perhaps bring this to the attention of Cort maybe? If it was on the home page it would get so much more notice.

glenp

"and this too shall pass"
TY

Thank you for posting the easy link

I had voted before but do not think it went through as this time it made me register and then thanked me for voing - I never got that before. Maybe the other link isnt working??

glen

TheMoonIsBlue

No I don't think the other link is working properly-atleast you don't get any acknowledgement that your nomination went through, so I hope more people see this post and use the link I posted.

TheMoonIsBlue

I think the next round of voting is in January so we have less than 2 months to get in as many nominations in as possible, hopefully Amex will chose WPI.

*GG*

And again today. Can someone put a sticky poll?, not sure if that is the right name, so it is more visible, would seem there would be more comments if people were doing this?

glenp

"and this too shall pass"
it looks like you can nomiate and vote

It looks like you can vote amd nominate? I typed in Whittemore Peterson Institute again today and got confirmation then I tried clicking on the voting boxes and it took my vote and said to come back again on Monday

ixchelkali

Um, I think it's $200,000 not $1,000,000. It says 5 charities will be chosen to receive $200,000 each for a total of 1 million dollars. But still worth doing, and I've made my nomination of the WPI.

frenchtulip

glenp, so you mean you have already voted for WPI? When I type in Whittemore Peterson Institute, I get nothing. Thanks. When I nominated the WPI several weeks ago, I don't remember seeing a way to vote for them. I just thought the nomination was for consideration for future competitions.

TheMoonIsBlue

Um, I think it's $200,000 not $1,000,000. It says 5 charities will be chosen to receive $200,000 each for a total of 1 million dollars. But still worth doing, and I've made my nomination of the WPI.

Ah, I think you're right. Don't know how I misunderstood that: "Help decide which five charities will receive a total of $1,000,000 in funding from American Express"

Oh well. $200K is still a lot of money.

I'll keep on nominating.

*GG*

I think we can enter PANDORA also?: Patient Alliance for Neuroendocrineimmune Disorders Organization for Research & Advocacy, Inc.,

TheMoonIsBlue

I think we can enter PANDORA also?: Patient Alliance for Neuroendocrineimmune Disorders Organization for Research & Advocacy, Inc.,

Hi, I'm sure you can nominate PANDORA also. But, I think whatever charity is nominated will have to get a lot of nominations to put them in the running to be selected by Amex.

TheMoonIsBlue

Thanks for the thread TMB...I hope more people vote. This is the last week to nominate WPI.

Hey Tony

Ok if this is the last week to nominate folks..........lets give this a big push and nominate every day if you can! Email to friends and family, post on your facebook page, etc....