• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nitric oxide nasal spray for covid-19

Wayne

found this beet powder product in capsule form instead - which is supposedly grown in the U.S. and tested for contaminants, etc. - will see!

Hi @Mary,

I've gotten some organic juice powders from a company called Yae Organics, which I've been happy with, and is grown in the U.S. They're having a sale now that's 70% off and thought I'd let you and others know. I'm going to stock up!

Save 70% off SITEWIDE, Use coupon code 70BLOWOUT -- EXPIRES 11/30/21

SHOP NOW

Gingergrrl

When I was at my compounding pharmacy they had a display of a nasal spray product called "CofixRX" and it said that it was protective against Covid.

The active ingredient was povidone iodine and I was curious @Hip how this compared to the home-made solution that you tried? You had said that sometimes it was okay but other times it burned your nose. I was also curious @Hip if you think this product could be effective vs. a scam (and I did not buy it but was very curious to hear your opinion :)).

Here is the site:
www.cofixrx.com

Thanks!

Hip

The active ingredient was povidone iodine and I was curious @Hip how this compared to the home-made solution that you tried? You had said that sometimes it was okay but other times it burned your nose. I was also curious @Hip if you think this product could be effective vs. a scam (and I did not buy it but was very curious to hear your opinion :)).

I have not looked for any more recent research on using povidone iodine to combat COVID. I think in theory it might be useful, but it's hard to tell if anything is really effective unless it has been through a clinical trial

I was using a home-made povidone-iodine 0.5% nasal spray, which would sometimes irritate my nose with a mild burning feeling, other times it was OK. I gave up on it because of the irritation.

Gingergrrl

Anyone tried Evodine? Just looking for anecdotal stories.

When you said "Evodine" do you mean "Enovid" or something else? I just wanted to make sure we are talking about the same product. If so, I never used the Enovid that I ordered from the Israeli pharmacy last year (and it is now long expired).

I ordered it just in case I was ever in a situation where I felt I needed to use it (like if I was at a known super spreader event or if I actually got Covid). So far neither of those things have happened and I have been okay. But like you, I am still very curious to hear from anyone who did try Enovid (and if they felt it was effective or if they had any side effects from it, etc).

godlovesatrier

Sorry Enovid.

I've ordered two bottles. Can see it working really and I very rarely go out but recently turned down going to the cinema and with Christmas coming I'm hoping this will give me a much bigger layer of protection when I do things.

But very few people seem to have talked about it much.