• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NEW Turnip contest entry needs votes, $5000 at stake!

Did you vote for the Turnip Neti Video?

• Yes

Votes: 33 97.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

helen41

Actually, I would never use a Neti Pot. I can't stand the thought of having something poured through my nostrils--even though it might be a good thing.

I confess, that's why I used a turnip!
I posted this on their Facebook page

" I must decline your offer of $100 for participation.I take exception to the judging process. The winning entries were excellent, but prizes were not awarded according to your own contest rules. Two winners were not even in the top 25 when the contest ended.You have the ultimate right to choose the winners, but after 2 weeks of networking and begging for votes, I feel I have been misled. I am happier withdrawing from this entire situation."
I know we are a poor group, but I did donate money to 3 of the charities that more than covers the loss. I just don't want their money or their largess.

glenp

"and this too shall pass"
Fishy

I sent them an email but not sure if it went through. It seems fishy to me. Why would they not post the number of votes etc. Does anyone know if it was netipotis decision or if it was something to do with facebook? ( Nothing to do with this but am wondering about the plastic nettipoti and the bph? and warm water. ) They sure got a lot of free advertising from many. I dont think any of us are up to pursuing it but I bet it could very well be against contest regulations and laws.

leela

I kinda hate to say this, but it's their money, their contest, their rules, their game.
We might need to just let this one go.

...after making the Turnips' Revenge video.

Merry

Anyone, how do I post a message on a Facebook wall?

When I've had problems with businesses, I've gotten results filing complaints with the my state attorney general, the Federal Trade Commisson, or the Federal Communications Commission. Even the threat that I intend to file a complaint has sometimes been enough to get action.

But what agency Helen, in British Columbia, would go to to complain about NeilMed in California I don't know. And Helen must be really, really tired already from all her effort for the contest. And here it is Christmas Eve.

NeilMed has still not responded to my email. I see they have a toll-free telephone number. I wouldn't mind writing a letter to Dr. Mehta (sp?), CEO.

A crank,
Merry

helen41

I kinda hate to say this, but it's their money, their contest, their rules, their game.
We might need to just let this one go.

...after making the Turnips' Revenge video.
I agree, Leela. It's done. At the same time, pushing the send button when I refused their $100 was the best thing I did yesterday. That sent a message that I wanted to send, now I'm going to get on with Christmas!
@ Merry- just sign into your facebook, and click on the netipot from any of their updates, then click on the word "wall" and it will take you to where messages can be posted.