• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New, Inexpensive CBS Ammonia Fix

Sophiedw

My aspartic acid is always completely none existent though and glutamatergic symptoms the worst at the moment, so referring back to @aaron_c’s orifinak hypothesis I’d say definitely onto something with the malic acid.

Learner1

What a fascinating document, thank you so much for sharing learner. It all started a few months ago ( I mean not the whole problem that’s been half a decade now ) but debilitating neurological symptoms. Folate made it the worst it’s been. Bh4 pushed it into a state of being worse and b12 I’ve not really considered (I mean I take it with folate but as folate worsened my condition so profoundly I’ve left it alone for now).

I just don’t understand if I’m essentially being poisoned by ammonia as shown in a multitude of ways on nutraeval and also by blood test at the doctor why none of this works, or even worsens the problems. Bh4 and folate are paradoxical. The only thing that improved it briefly was cysteine so I agree with the glutathione involvement hypothesis, but how does that fit the biochemistry here? Does the folate use my very very limited supply of glutathione precursors? A lot of the hypersensitivity was improved by cystine so that obviously sits near the heart of the issue.

But to say I’m baffled is an understatement.

One thing I have been overlooking is vitamin C, so will increase that as I know it acts
To recycle glutathione.

Do you think whole glutathione would be a gold idea? As to not imbalance my already imbalanced precursors. That’s my next move anyway. But we’ll persevere.

Thank you again for the document I read the whole thing.

My gratitude is profound to you and everyone here - can move this to a new thread if it moves off topic but it is obviously still centred around bh4/malic acid/ammonia.

Best wishes to all
You might find this helpful.

https://phoenixrising.me/myalgic-en...ome-mecfs-treatments/methylation-glutathione/

You will also need B1 and molybdenum - what did your test say about these?

Sophiedw

Why is the b1 and molybdenum important. My moolydenum looked fine but in need of most vitamins, b1 and especially folate but as I say folate worsened my symptoms to such and extreme before I’ve been staying away for now.