• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New Idea for contacts - help me please!

dsdmom

I was on the phone today with a friend of mine from college when it hit me - I went to a fairly prestigious, yet somewhat small university and know that there have to be alumni working @ CBS or the likes. So I went to my alumni directory online and put in CBS as an employer and what do you know - I now have the names/emails of a half dozen producers for CBS. One is an executive producer for 60 Minutes. :) I plan on emailing them all but want to make sure that I have a really solid letter in place. Does anybody want to help me put together something concise with some really good links so I can make my case in one fell swoop?

Also - if anybody else has access to alumni directory for your alma maters I encourage you to do searches there as well.

JAH

I went to college with the guy that heads the CDC. We overlapped for a couple of years, but unfortunately, I don't know him. Seems like a good person, from reading the alumni magazine! (I know those are biased...) I plan to write him-- maybe he'll listen to a fellow alumn....

JAH

dsdmom

Hey JAH, it can't hurt!
I am still hoping to hear from others who may be able to help with this.

Tammie

I am not sure that I am up to actually coming up with something from scratch rt now - have just been crashing too badly.....but if you start working on something I would be very happy to add to it/help edit/make other suggestions, etc

Public opinion is important, no doubt. In my homecountry, Sweden, Ive spent most time writing both journalists, but also politicians. Ministers and people in administration do listen. They have kids as well.