• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

new empowher article: "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Weathering Upcoming Fall And Winter"

Jody

The southeast has been broiling with temps in the mid 90's daily with heat indexes in 3 figures. Our lows are the equivalent of our highs in Nov. although I suppose this November we'll finally be able to visit the beach because it might be (gasp) only in the 80's. I step outside and can't breathe due to the oppresive heat. So I move from window to window waiting and waiting and waiting for Jan. During the winter and fall (if it isn't still too hot) I am most active.

I believe I get S.A.D. (Seasonal Affective Disorder) in the summer. Although there is plenty of light, the blinds need to be closed to help keep the temp cool in the house. Summer . . . BLAH.

Now THAT is the kind of summer I would not be able to handle at all. What an ordeal. :eek:

How frustrating to see summertime outside and not be able to endure it.

Jody

Yes, but I think it would take 10times as much for about 1 month for you to become toxic. I take 5000 IUs now, down from 8000 IUs over the winter. I started at 4000 IUs last fall and my blood level was about 37, after 2 months or so of usage, so I upped it to 8000 IUs and my blood test cam out around 70, and that is where I am aiming to keep it!

I take 6,000 IUs a day all year long. I dropped it to 4,000 at the beginning of summer thinking being in the sun would make the difference. But I started getting OI symptoms and panting for air, etc. within 2 wks so upped it again to 6,000. I may up it to 8,000 if I seem to need it (my body tells me very clearly) come fall.

Jody

Jody-- Thanks for pointing out how functioning can vary depending on weather, which in turn seems mediated by other factors (geography, a person's individuality). I do better in warm, dry weather, and I am lucky to live in a climate that provides such weather most summers (not this one, alas, a bit too cold and foggy). I do need sunglasses constantly for the glare. Late fall and winter are definitely worse for me. However, I don't have to deal with the extreme heat and humidity of the southeast U.S. or the extreme heat of the desert SW. Reminds me of Slayadragon's posts on mold patterns in different geographical regions... Take care, J.

Thanks Jewel, but I can't take credit for that. Everybody posting on this thread have brought out all those things, and made me more aware of it as well. So thanks everybody.:D

BEG

Hi Jody,

Thanks for addressing our concerns individually. How nice! And sorry I went on a rant about the weather on your thread. For the moment I've solved my problem. I've moved all my stuff to the glass patio room, cranked up the air conditioner, and am enjoying the outdoors with comfort of being indoors.

Jody

Hi Jody,

Thanks for addressing our concerns individually. How nice! And sorry I went on a rant about the weather on your thread. For the moment I've solved my problem. I've moved all my stuff to the glass patio room, cranked up the air conditioner, and am enjoying the outdoors with comfort of being indoors.

LOL

What better place to rant about stinking weather than on a thread about seasons and weather?:Retro tongue:

This is a great place to be able to get that stuff off your chest. Enjoy it. :D

Your solution sounds like a great idea. Fantastic.:Retro smile:

Merry

Summer in Ontario must be Paradise. Ok, everybody, we're going to Jody's house next summer.

And, Jody, when you tuck us in at night, you can read us Alice Munro stories.

My son's Canadian girlfriend, who lives in Calgary, was just here for a few days. Of course it was hot (around 90F) and humid every day. Poor her.

Merry

Jody

BEG,

Y'all are coming next summer? Let's hope it's a summer of days like today -- mid-80's dry, sunny ... beautiful.

We don't want we had for a few weeks -- 90+ degrees and humid. Yeah, we get those too. But there is nothing better than a mellow summer day in southern Ontario. :Retro smile:

Jody

Summer in Ontario must be Paradise. Ok, everybody, we're going to Jody's house next summer.

And, Jody, when you tuck us in at night, you can read us Alice Munro stories.

My son's Canadian girlfriend, who lives in Calgary, was just here for a few days. Of course it was hot (around 90F) and humid every day. Poor her.

Merry

It is (at times) a Paradise, when it's mid-80s and dry like today.

Alice Munro, anything you like. Doesn't even have to be Canadian. Unless you feel that's important to the theme. :Retro tongue:

I'm not sure whether Calgary gets really hot in the summer or not. I know they don't have a really long summer -- and their winters are ridiculous.:D