• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

new empowher article: "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome And My Love Affair With Acupuncture"

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Thanks for another great article Jody.

Me to, btw... Acupuncture has been a huge blessing during times of crisis and setback. It helped me immensely to get through the cardiac arrhythmia episodes back last February, caused by that idiot doctor (Dr Tom Yarema) giving me iodine. :Retro mad:

What I like most about it is that it has NEVER, in my 25 years of getting the needle,s caused me any harm. And that is saying a lot.

Jody

Yeah db,

For something that pokes needles into you, acupuncture is surprisingly benign. :D

Jody

Boule de feu,

I'm really sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience. :eek:

The expertise of the acupuncturist can make a big difference. Perhaps a different practitioner at a later time might be worth considering? I know this bad first experience could put you off it entirely and that would be completely understandable.

What a disappointment that must have been!

Boule de feu

Boule de feu,

I'm really sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience. :eek:

The expertise of the acupuncturist can make a big difference. Perhaps a different practitioner at a later time might be worth considering? I know this bad first experience could put you off it entirely and that would be completely understandable.

What a disappointment that must have been!

I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the practitioner who performed it.
Today, the pain is not as strong as yesterday but the acupuncture did not help my neck.
And, I was looking forward to trying this... I definitely went in there with an opened mind.

I'm glad to see that I'm unique and this is not the way it goes usually.
Thank you for your article. I will definitely try it again... with someone else.

Keep writing. I enjoy everything you do.

Jody

Boule de feu,

I have had sessions where some of the needles hurt at the time. And I've left a session in a full-blown CFS fog at other times -- particularly in the first few months, when I was still really sick. But looking back over 3 yrs of acupuncture I have to conclude that all in all it's been a healing strengthening thing for me.

For what it's worth.:Retro smile:

And thanks for the encouragement about my writing. It helps me keep going with it.:Retro smile:

liverock

Jody

Good to hear that its still helping. This is how it all began.:D

attachment.php

The weight lifting is a good way of exercising too, but I'm still sticking to lifting potato sacks........:Retro wink:

http://www.forums.aboutmecfs.org/showthread.php?722-Joke-of-the-Day #8

Jody

liverock,

I'm glad you included the picture. It's very helpful to understand the history of a therapy. :Retro tongue:

And about those potato sacks. That's just right for you, as long as you remember -- never under any circumstances should there be any potatoes in those sacks. Don't want to overdo.:D

*GG*

I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the practitioner who performed it.
Today, the pain is not as strong as yesterday but the acupuncture did not help my neck.
And, I was looking forward to trying this... I definitely went in there with an opened mind.

I'm glad to see that I'm unique and this is not the way it goes usually.
Thank you for your article. I will definitely try it again... with someone else.

Keep writing. I enjoy everything you do.

Perhaps you can check out this site: http://www.communityacupuncturenetwork.org/clinics#International

There is one listed in Ontario, perhaps you can contact them or the website to see if there is something new around your area?