• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New article "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Crashes And Climbing Back Up"

KC22

Jody...

Another great article!! You described it perfectly.... only someone who knows this disease would understand every word you wrote. It was clear to me and yes, I agree, I save my energy for my husband and son. Then if there's leftovers, others may get some. Rarely, though.

Nice Job!!!:)

liverock

Another nice one Jody, crashes are something we all have to get used to sooner or later.

Here's a hug for all the help you give to people through your writing.
picture.php

Snez

Thank you Jody for another thoughtful article.:)

Like other frustrating aspects of our illness, crashes and the need for resting are so poorly understood/tolerated.

I've very rarely had someone give me "permission" to rest/pace so I need to constantly give it to myself.

Snez

Jody

I'm sorry to hear that, Snez.

I have been fortunate to have a husband, kids, a mother and one brother who while they don't pretend to know what it is like for me, have been supportive this way.

It's good that you are able to give yourself that permission. If it helps, you have my permission too. :)