• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New Amx Contest Starts Today!

shannah

Who can we nominate???

Your votes have been counted, and were pleased to announce the winners of a total of $1,000,000 in funding from American Express. The five winning charities are: Sundance Institute, KaBOOM!, FIRST, Best Friends Animal Society, and American Heart Association.

The new round has started, so be sure to vote and get your friends involved. Remember, you can cast a vote for a charity each week. After the three-month voting period is complete, Members Project will tally the votes and announce the winners.

http://www.takepart.com/membersproject/vote

TheMoonIsBlue

Darn, looks like WPI didn't make it. I guess there just aren't/weren't enough of us sick ME/CFS folks. That 200K could have really helped too :(

shannah

Is there any reason that we can't continue to nominate WPI and Pandora in the new round???

TheMoonIsBlue

Is there any reason that we can't continue to nominate WPI and Pandora in the new round???

Oh sure.....we can continue to nominate WPI and PANDORA. I was just disappointed WPI didn't get enough nominations to get into this round of voting. I'm sure most people who saw the post on here did nominate.......but the other charities are so well known, and the average person has no idea what WPI or Pandora or Neuro Immune Disease is, probably.
We can still keep trying though!

shannah

Hi Moon,

I'm really disappointed WPI didn't get in as well.

I just nominated both of them again and they're still in the AMX system. It's getting a little confusing with all of the contests lately but maybe we can think of ways to raise the profile to gain more votes. Anyone have any ideas?

shannah

Seems every cycle they remove the charities with the fewest votes - so at least we know that WPI and Pandora weren't at the bottom. (We all know they're always at the top with us!) That's encouraging considering there's some really big, well known names they've been with.

quote from the site:

"Does the list of charities ever change?

Yes, the list of charities changes with each voting cycle about every three months. Winning charities and those with the fewest votes in each category are removed from the list for the next cycle (and will not be added to the list for at least two more voting cycles), and new charities are added."