• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NATIONAL ME/FM ACTION NETWORK JOINS FACEBOOK & TWITTER (Canada)

leelaplay

Sun, May 16, 2010

News and Events

As May 12th, International Day of Awareness for ME and FM, approaches, we are pleased to join the Facebook and Twitter communities to help raise awareness for these illnesses.

You can now find us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/National-MEFM-Action-Network/119761554710463 and on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/mefmaction.

We hope that you will take a look and join our pages. We look forward to connecting with you on these social network sites.

The National ME/FM Action Network is a Canadian non-profit organization that reaches out around the world. We were founded in 1993 and are dedicated to advancing the recognition and understanding of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis / Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) and Fibromyalgia Syndrome (FMS) through education, advocacy, support, and research. Our organization seeks to effect positive change in the attitudes, policies, and practices of government, medical governing bodies, business, the media, and the general public.

We look forward to hosting the 4-day 10th International IACFS/ME Research & Clinical Conference Translating Evidence into Practice: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, and Related Illnesses in Ottawa, Canada Sept. 22 25, 2011 at the Crowne Plaza. There will also be a one-day patient conference on Thursday, September 22nd, 2011. More information is available on our website www.mefmaction.net.

leelaplay

and this video was on the page of the ME/FM Society of Alberta (who were advertising that the MEFM Action Network [the people who brought you teh Canadian Consensus Criteria])

[video=youtube;7pGBB-FIb5k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pGBB-FIb5k&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

Does anyone know who Dr Bellonzi is? Don't like that he mixes chronic fatigue with chronic fatigue syndrome. He seems to be a nutrition guy. I wonder why he's on their front page. Starts off talking about possible virla, bacterial, mycoplasma causes and problems with mitochondria. Getting too tired, but think his last 2 sentences said that individuals can find the cause and cure their chronic fatigue syndrome. So hope I got that wrong.