• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NAD IV Infusion therapy?

HABS93

What are your thoughts of this treatment for CFS/me or any mirroring symptoms. Apparently the article I was reading. This heroin addict who had no hope in ever regaining cognitive function felt a surge of energy. I'm just wondering if anyone in the community has heard about this ?

junkcrap50

Yes, I've done NAD+ IV infusions - 2 rounds of it. 2 others in my family have also done them, both do not have CFS. None of us noticed any improvements from it. I really have no idea why. I thought it would be quite impactful for all of us, in different ways too. We must have sufficient NAD levels. A third family member who also has CFS will be doing it this summer. There are oral sublingual versions that work just as well. The NAD+ clinics have a HUGE markup on its price. Its much cheaper to have your doctor do it or a local infusion place. (Even paying for a traveling infusion nurse to visit you at home, I think would be cheaper than the NAD+ rehab clinics.)

@Learner1 has done it and has seen large benefits from it. She also has seen benefits from the oral versions too. @confetti11 has done NAD+ infusions, but I'm unsure of her response. @Jesse2233 researched it, but unsure if he/she has done it.

Here are some other threads on it. The last one is the most extensive discussion.
https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/nad-supplement-reverses-vascular-decline-in-aging-mice.58393
https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/nad-iv-reaction.61852
https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...ical-mitochondrial-genetic-repair-poll.57797/

Last edited:

junkcrap50

I should also add that @Learner1 has reported that the FDA has recently (within less than the past year) has banned compounding pharmcies from producing NAD. She has also said that many detox and drug recovery NAD+ clinics have been forced to shut down as a result of not being able to obtain the drug. I haven't confirmed this but worth mentioning.

confetti11

Hi, I did 4-5 infusions and then started the nasal spray version and been on for maybe about 6 months now. I do other treatments but I’m pretty sure it has been the thing to turn me around. The highest functioning I’ve gotten in my 20 years is about 80%. Pretty sure NAD (I believe technically it’s NAD+), has gotten me to and kept me at 70-75%. These are my own arbitrary percentages of course.

What I’ve been taught about NAD+ through my doctor and others is that it’s a gradual improvement (sometimes very gradual), or at least that is not unusual. Also, that there needs to be a build up of it in your system over time. My doctor told me I needed to start with the IVs to have the greater impact and then I could move to the nasal version. He’s not a big fan of the oral versions.

junkcrap50

What I’ve been taught about NAD+ through my doctor and others is that it’s a gradual improvement (sometimes very gradual), or at least that is not unusual. Also, that there needs to be a build up of it in your system over time.
Is that so? Hmm. I've learned something new. That does make sense. Has your doctor had success in building up NAD+? How was your response to the initial IV NAD+? And then how has the gradual NAD+ build up helped? Have you noticed steady improvement with the nasal NAD+?

My doctor told me I needed to start with the IVs to have the greater impact and then I could move to the nasal version. He’s not a big fan of the oral versions.
Did your doctor give a reason as to why he prefers the nasal version? I suppose I should correct oral to sublingual NAD. How much does the nasal spray NAD+ cost and the dosage give?

confetti11

@junkcrap50
I think we've had success building it up. We haven't done a test or anything. I don't even know if there is a test. I'm just going off response.

I'm trying to recall my initial response to the IV....I seem to remember it gave me very short term normal-like energy. I was told to increase the amount in the IV gradually to make sure I tolerated it. But I am very sensitive to everything. I have noticed, I think, a steady improvement since the nasal spray.

I seem to remember he said the oral versions can't maintain the integrity of the drug. But there is one oral version recommended to me to try by someone else, and he said it was okay to give it a go. I'm not certain of the dosage, but I pay about $100 a bottle which gets me through anywhere from 15-30 days depending on how much I choose to do.