• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My success story. Tons of biotin.

My success story. Tons of biotin.

Hi.
I am a male from Russia, 26 years old. My weight is 65 kg and my height is 178 cm.

I have had deadly hard symptoms, all in my brain: extreme fatigue, feeling of stupidity in the head, feeling of emptiness or pressure in the head, bad sleep.
And I was feeling improvements for short periods of time after each carbohydrate meal. I was unable to sleep without eating in the night.
Year after year, there was more consumption of carbohydrates needed to maintain the same level of energy, and bearable time after each meal was also becoming shorter and shorter. So I also started to move towards obesity.

It was so hard that I was really planning on suicide.
But I thought it worth trying to spend rest of my money on experiments with some organic substances.
So after a while I had found the solution!

My regimen:
For day: Biotin 10,000 mcg (I am using this one), get the powder from the capsule and put it under the tongue, repeat it every 30-40 minutes (it have little effect or no effect if is eaten - it is necessary to have biotin under the tongue almost all of the time, and to have it wet).
If I feel not enough saliva in the mouth (or not enough effect), I add 1 sublingual tablet of "5000 mcg Biotin" (this one - it was designed to be dissolved under the tongue, so it dissolves faster).

For meal time (all under the tongue):
1 capsule of "10,000 mcg Biotin" (powder) in the middle of mealtime.
Can be repeated if the meal time lasts long.

Before sleep (all under the tongue):
4 sublingual tablets of "5 mg Melatonin" (probably not necessary, but I love it, and it also helps to moisten biotin powder with saliva),
then 4 capsules of "10,000 mcg Biotin" (powder),
then let it dissolve a bit for a few minutes, then again take 4 capsules of "10,000 mcg Biotin" (powder),
and then 4 sublingual tablets of "5000 Biotin".
I call it "the sandwich of tablets". It works well for a few hours, but not for entire sleep.

When I waking up in the night (all under the tongue):
1 capsule of "10,000 mcg Biotin" (powder),
then 4 sublingual tablets of "5000 Biotin" (yes, make the sandwich again).
Can be repeated if necessary. Usually I need this step for 2-6 times before wake time (I sleep about 9-10 hours).

Side effects of such large doses of biotin (all are solved):
Stomach problems.
Heartburn (usually after bath and sometimes in morning).

How I treat stomach problems:
Special diet: 3 glasses of warm water before each meal, 700-800 gramms of raw bananas (measured with peels) and 3 egg whites (from 65-74,9 gramm eggs) each meal (3 time a day). Sometimes I also eat a yolk (usually 1-3 yolks a week).
Between meals, if I feel acidity in stomach - 1 glass of warm water and 1 or 2 bananas.
After each meal or snack I take 5 capsules of "400 mg Slippery Elm" (swallow without water).
If I feel acidity during sleep - 5-15 capsules of "400 mg Slippery Elm" (while lying on the bed, swallow the capsules without water).
It worth mentioning that I also consume multivitamins and fish oil capsules, so my diet is not as monotonous as it can appear.
And I avoid physical activity because it can give me stomach pain.

How I treat heartburn:
1 glass of warm water and 1 banana, then 15 capsules of "400 mg Slippery Elm" (swallow without water).

Sometimes I feel no symptoms, sometimes I feel near to that - it's very good regimen for me.
I started it few years ago and nothing wrong with my liver.

I believe I have some very rare and unknown metabolic genetic disease.

If you have similar symptoms and my solution helps you - please let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello

I sympathize with your bad sleep, that can be a problem for me too although lack of sleep causes tiredness and brain impairment. Therefore if you improve your sleep you should see an improvement in other symptoms, however if you still want to address those other symptoms you can. You could do ketosis, the HPU protocol or sleep on a magnetico.

Ketosis will improve your energy and end your reliance on carbs for energy so you'll look more energized throughout the day. It takes a period of about a week before you have sufficent ketones in production. Try coconut oil or EVOO because they are supposed to be easier to burn than butter but you might not notice.

The HPU protocol involves biotin and correcting numerous other deficiencies the condition causes. Its associated with many brain disorders. A test is about 160 euro including delivery and you might also seek professional consultation. People with it may develop worse heavy metal toxicity so chelation may be necessary. The protocol and chelation can cause phyciatric symptoms so its advised to at least have B3(molybdenum should help if you have a sulfer problem) on board. Avoid further brain impairment by avoiding drug solutions.

Lastly the magnetico can help you sleep and detox more effectivly too. Its the easiest thing to do.

P.S. Read Jack Kruse.

Murph

:)
Is there any way to test for biotin deficiency?

There *is* because Ron found that his son Whitney was very low in Biotin. ( I have a memory that he was 17 standard deviations from the norm although i cant google that fact up any more.)

"Davis has also found an ‘unbelievable’ biotin deficiency in Whitney, and said that when one patient added biotin to his treatment, that “totally turned him around.”"

It's not clear if the test is publicly available or a Naviaux special. I also seem to recall the Ron solved the Biotin deficiency in Whitney but it made no appreciable difference. so that's a glum note to end on!

Aroa

It would be nice if we could have soon a metabolomics Test either from Stanford or any other company like Metabolon ( I think they are working with Stanford ). I do not understand why there isn´t any comercial Test available so far if there is a potential market out there.

It may help some of us, although not probably the severe ones.... Anyway I wonder if Whitney didn´t correct the biotin deficiency he would probably feel even worse.

Hello CloudD790, really I don't think I have a bad sleep now. Waking up 1-2 times in the middle of the sleep in order to refresh biotin supply in the blood, it is not the problem for me. I have had awfull sleep without biotin, but now I am usualy wake up quite refreshed. I am sure my sleep problems is the effect of my brain problems, but not the cause.

As for ketosis. You are right that ketosis is relevant to my condition. I have tried ketogenic diet just before trying sublingual biotin. I was on ketosis at least for about six month, and I definitely felt some real improvements in my brain energy level, but the effect was far not as good and not as stable as on biotin (and not enough to have a decent life), and side effects was very noticeable (strong thirst, nausea, gastritis, dry skin). Really I started experimenting with biotin while on ketosis, and soon I was happy to discover that owing to biotin I can quit the ketogenic diet and start eating normal foods without my usual problems. And I should warn that biotin + ketosis (in combo) was giving me stomach ulcer and gastrointestinal bleeding (and proton-pump inhibitors was not helpful with it).

Also I have to say that I have improved my night-time protocol since my first publication in this thread, so now I am getting better results (the brands and products remained the same, the improvement is about the timings, the combinations, and the sequence) .
New version:
1) Before sleep (all under the tongue):
a) 4 sublingual tablets of "5000 mcg Superior Source Biotin",
then
b) 4 sublingual tablets of "5 mg Melatonin",
then
c) 4 capsules of "Solgar 10,000 mcg Biotin" (powder),
then wait 15-20 minutes for partial dissolving (by the way, I like to spend this minutes reading foreign language, that is English in my case),
and then repeat step - c) 4 capsules of "Solgar 10,000 mcg Biotin" (powder).
All the supplements in the sandwich-like manner.
Typically it allows me to sleep 3-4 hours before next dosage of biotin.

2) When I waking up in the night (all under the tongue):
a) Clean the mouth (under the tongue) from the residue of past dosage,
then
b) take 4 sublingual tablets of "5000 mcg Superior Source Biotin" - take and wait few minutes for dissolving (probably it takes from 2 to 10 minutes), than repeat it few times, this required to "wash down" the stupid feeling of mental fatigue as fast as possible (this feeling indicates me that blood biotin supply from past doage is going to end). Usually I repeat this small step ("b") 5 times or more (still not going to sleep before step "e" here).
Then
c) 1 sublingual tablets of "5 mg Melatonin",
then
d) add 2 sublingual tablets of "5000 mcg Superior Source Biotin" every few minutes while dissolving the melatonin.
Then
e) take again 4 sublingual tablets of "5000 mcg Superior Source Biotin" and immediately add 4 capsules of "Solgar 10,000 mcg Biotin" (powder).
"Solgar 10,000 mcg Biotin" powder is required here because it dissolves not as fast as sublingual tablets of "5000 mcg Superior Source Biotin" and it's important to have constant biotin supply during the sleep.
This group of steps typically allows me to sleep another 3-6 hours.

3) Day-time protocol remained the same.

I am also tried to swallow 60 (sixty) caps of "Healthy Origins, Biotin, 10,000 mcg" (=600 000 mcg) with last meal, but it does not eliminate the necessity of biotin under the tongue and does not add much effect.
"Healthy Origins" is the most cheap brand of pure biotin that I managed to find but it is not quite suited for sublingual usage as for me (I have tried it sublingually and was not satisfied).

aquariusgirl, 40/50 000 mcg eaten daily is virtually nothing in my case.

Regarding biotin deficiency.
I have not found direct biotin test. I tested biotinidase enzyme (in the serum and the DNA) and it was normal.
I think that I need to maintain far greater amounts of biotin than just normal.
I suppose the most reasonable explanation is that I have deficiency somewhere in glucose metabolism path and biotin is a cofactor here, so it's possible to compensate my deficiency with great amounts of biotin.

wdb, what the problem with this? If you do not believe this is true I can do the photo of all the empty bottles of the biotin in the end of the month (along with paper with my nickname).
I spend roughly 700-900 USD monthly on the supplements, some mentioned above and some not (and more than 10 000$ in the past on all the experiments) and thought it would be honest if someone with the same disease who would benefit from my information would also bring me some compensation through the rewards program. Why not? Why must I refuse a little financial bonus if my information a real story and can be really useful for some (and you will not lose a penny by using such links, you even get a discount)? Of course that was not the only motivation to post all the story here and to continue to discuss. Really it brought me as little as 25 USD for half a year since publication; the time that I spend writing and translating all the story to foreign language costs much more (I am an IT professional), but I do not think it was waste of time. If it makes someone jealous just cut the end of the product link and I would still happy to know if my story would help someone to improve their brain energy level.

biotinidase.png
bonus.png

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I do not understand why there isn´t any comercial Test available so far if there is a potential market out there.
Perhaps the potential market isn't big enough. :moneybag:
Anyway I wonder if Whitney didn´t correct the biotin deficiency he would probably feel even worse.
That is certainly possible. You can never know how you would have felt if you hadn't taken something.

wdb

wdb, what the problem with this? If you do not believe this is true I can do the photo of all the empty bottles of the biotin in the end of the month (along with paper with my nickname).
I spend roughly 700-900 USD monthly on the supplements, some mentioned above and some not (and more than 10 000$ in the past on all the experiments) and thought it would be honest if someone with the same disease who would benefit from my information would also bring me some compensation through the rewards program. Why not? Why must I refuse a little financial bonus if my information a real story and can be really useful for some (and you will not lose a penny by using such links, you even get a discount)? Of course that was not the only motivation to post all the story here and to continue to discuss. Really it brought me as little as 25 USD for half a year since publication; the time that I spend writing and translating all the story to foreign language costs much more (I am an IT professional), but I do not think it was waste of time. If it makes someone jealous just cut the end of the product link and I would still happy to know if my story would help someone to improve their brain energy level.

It is not necessarily a problem but promoting a product you have a financial interest in (even if it is small) is a conflict of interest that I think should be declared so that members can take that into account when deciding whether or not to follow your advice.

It is not necessarily a problem but promoting a product you have a financial interest in (even if it is small) is a conflict of interest that I think should be declared so that members can take that into account when deciding whether or not to follow your advice.
Okay. I just asked a moderator to delete "?rcode=NZP025" from my links so no one would doubt my sincerity.

Isaiah 58:11

I also seem to recall the Ron solved the Biotin deficiency in Whitney but it made no appreciable difference. so that's a glum note to end on!
Do you recall how he solved it? I was taking 5,000 mcg sublingially and then still showed deficiency on a test. I have since gone up to 10,000 mcg but I haven't noticed a difference. I have not been retested to see if that fixed anything on paper.

Gondwanaland

Do you recall how he solved it?
Personally I found Biotin worked much better if taken with lysine, but I couldn't stand the vasoconstriction from as low as 20mg Lysine. Now that I am taking natural xanthine oxidase inhibitors I suspect I would tolerate it better. I might retry it at some point in the future. My Biotin capsules contain 500mcg and I take only a fraction of this dose.

BTW taking Biotin on its own causes me pseudo-anaphylaxis, so I always add other Bs esp. B2 and P5P (in mcg doses).

I had a biotin deficiency (messured in the blood) and tried to supplement (5000mcg) a day for a month, but did not recognice a difference. Maybe I will make an other try with sublingual...I am very curious about new infos @mariovitali!

I foud that swallowing biotin (60 capsules 10 000 mcg each by Healthy origins) + fatty cheese (60 mg of 40-50% fatty cheese) is a good combo wich allows me to sleep much longer before I need sublingual dosage.
This should be done just after the dinner (before sleep).

I think the fat from cheese interacts somehow with biotin absorbtion.
Less fatty cheese (15-20%) also worked but not as well.
Also I have cut daytime sublingual dosage (now can feel comfortable 2-3 hours with 1 capsule of 10 000 mcg biotin [instead of 20-30 minutes], if there is no need to speak or to eat).

Cheese does not hurt my stomach if eaten after whole dinner of potatoes or bananas.