• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My Prof De Meirleir patient experience...

Vojta

Thank you all for sharing your experience with KDM. How did you make an appointemet with him in his Brussel clinic? And how long had you had to wait to get there? I tried to contact them by email but without any response so I suppose they are only on the phone.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Thank you all for sharing your experience with KDM. How did you make an appointemet with him in his Brussel clinic? And how long had you had to wait to get there? I tried to contact them by email but without any response so I suppose they are only on the phone.

Address: Himmunitas
De Tyraslaan 111
1120 Neder-Over-Heembeek (Brussel)
Belgium
Telephone: +32 (0)2 266 87 40
Email: info at ehmb dot be

Hi Vojta,

In my experience they aren't so good with email. I made an appointment by phone. At the time (over a month ago), they had about a 2 month waiting time for an appointment--it may be more now.

Good luck,
Sushi

RivkaRivka

anyone/everyone,

did you do the H2S test? i just got my kit and can't do the test for 1-2 wks because i have to wait for the antibiotics to get out of my system. do you know if i am to put the unused kit in the fridge or freezer? the directions seem to state both and i can't figure out which.

rivka

Tony

Still working on it all..
Hi Rivka, The kit is stable at 4 degrees Centigrade, so in the fridge is good. This info was on the sheet I got with the test.

Cheers..:)

RivkaRivka

the sheet i got with the kit (today) says

STORAGE
Kit is stable at -18 C in the dark until the kit's expiration date.

and the KDM doctor's office said the same thing to me via email

Vojta

Hi Vojta,

In my experience they aren't so good with email. I made an appointment by phone. At the time (over a month ago), they had about a 2 month waiting time for an appointment--it may be more now.

Good luck,
Sushi
Thank you for information Sushi. Does anyone know if they speak German there? It would be more convenient for me.

Tuha

Thank you for information Sushi. Does anyone know if they speak German there? It would be more convenient for me.

I dont know if they speak german there but your english doesnt have to be perfect to understand. My english is bad but I had no problems - they are really nice there,
maybe you now already about but if not this link can be usefull for you. There are some experiences from one czech guy who visited KDM:
http://www.me-cfs.cz/view.php?cisloclanku=2009011701

Frank

A lot of people in Belgium speak Dutch, French and German. So i suppose to become a professor you basically have to know German, it very close related to Dutch.

Tony

I thought it worth noting that I've run out of nexavir for the past two weeks and feel noticeably worse this past week. It's different to a 'lower' day or two that I sometimes have. It'll be interesting to see if the nexavir picks me back up...and if it's relation to xmrv/mlv's is bearing out in my (as yet unconfirmed) case.

Tony

13th Jan 2011
I’ve been back on the nexavir since xmas and it took about a week to kick in. A little energy came back. I mowed the grass (60% of the last effort that set me back a bit) and came up ok. I’d also worked lightly in the garden for half an hour 2 days before that effort.

This past week I’ve improved a bit more. I’ve been more physically able to do gardening, house cleaning and food shopping with little if any payback the next day. A bit more walking than usual hasn’t hurt. There is quite a noticeable difference. It’s only been a short time, but it feels really good...:) I’m lasting longer at some physical tasks and can do things more often.

After these types of activity my muscles just feel like I’ve done some work instead of feeling semi-shattered. Even one night where my sleep was quite broken up didn’t set me back at all. For me, that’s impressive. I’m concluding that the nexavir is working.

If this continues then I’m going to claim at least a 5% overall increase in ability. Time will tell...

15th Jan... Walked much further than usual today. Over 30 mins in the warm sun. It was a little too far but I’ll see if there’s any payback over the next few days.

girlinthesnow

Hi Tony, just wondering how you are doing now. I'm just about to start on nexavir and it would be great to know how you are.

Cheers!

Tony

Hi snow girl, I'm doing a bit better lately, a touch more stamina and still feel generally better, less toxic and sick. I'm still up and down but my ups are higher and the downs aren't so low.
I'm actually looking at the nearby golf course with some enthusiasm and optimism. I hope to warm up in the nets and play a few holes, maybe next week or so. Not been able to do that since '07.
I expect that'll slow me down for a few days!

I'm still pulsing antibiotics and probiotics with the nexavir and b12. Good luck with the nexavir.

Cheers!

Athene

ihateticks.me
Hey Tony! G'day mate!!!
Great to hear your health is improving! Gardening and playing golf, that is so nice to hear. I hope it all keeps going better and better.
It's good to hear your lawn is flourishing too, I am envious :) All I have is pots of dead geramiums :-(

ANYWAY, NOW FOR THE...

SPECIAL COMPETITION ANNOUNCEMENT!!! :thumbsup:

I have two unopened bottles of nexavir which I wil post free of charge to the first person who sends me a PM with their name and address.

girlinthesnow

Hi there Tony, it's so great to hear that things are going along better for you, long may it continue. You've fortified my resolve!

Take care and all the best.

Enid

Just want to add thanks to Tony for his K de M story. Guidelines such a great help to us here and I hear his protocols are "the bees knees" - understanding and getting results. And may your health continue to better everday (not up to the garden yet myself and the UK worst possible place to suffer ME/CFS - perhaps another hundred years will do it).

Athene

ihateticks.me
WE HAVE A WINNER!

Congratulations go to Jenny, winner of the Nexavir contest!!!
Jenny, I'll bung it in the post to you as soon as poss!