• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My New Video - The CDC vs CFS/ME

gregf

This is good. Very good.

If you are open to suggestions, I would add that :-
- based on the CDCs psychiatric cover up, the Wessley school in UK compounded the problem,
- that ME/CFS being treated as a psychiatric illness, has gone around the world and ruined the lives of millions,
- that towards the end, return to using the correct name of ME or at least ME/CFS, so that the name CFS does not succeed.

ME/CFS is our compromise, the psychs seem to be pushing CFS/ME as compromise and the former is also
just easier to say.

If this was so, I would use this video for an important pressentation I am going to make.
A few other bits confused me, but cannot remember now.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Fantastic Video! So well done. Concise and straight to the point. Loved the title! The music is perfect, too.

I especially enjoyed the rainbow shot at 7:18, about the Valentine's Day transfer of Reeves out of the CFS division of CDC.

Great job Caledonia!

Dreambirdie

work in progress
good job caledonia! If we could just get the news media to watch all these videos?

I am working on this actually. I am sending my video on disk this week to Anderson Cooper at CNN and hoping Caledonia will send hers as well.
(I am also sending it to other media, and my local and federal representatives.)

You can all help by posting a comment on my CNN I report page.

I encourage Caledonia to create a CNN I report page with her video too.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-484879

Otis

Señor Mumbler
Great stuff caldonia. I slapped this on facebook and to my (little) Twitter following as I did with DBs. Great work!

caledonia

Wow. I'm glad people like it. I spent the better part of a month on it.

For gregf - it was pretty hard to tell the whole history in under 10 minutes, so a lot of stuff obviously had to be cut out. So I decided to concentrate on the US only for this one.

There are a lot of stories to be told regarding the UK and Wesseley, so maybe I can work that into my next one somehow.

Dreambirdie, I'll look into the CNN thing.

gregf

For gregf - it was pretty hard to tell the whole history in under 10 minutes, so a lot of stuff obviously had to be cut out. So I decided to concentrate on the US only for this one.
There are a lot of stories to be told regarding the UK and Wesseley, so maybe I can work that into my next one somehow.

That's sensible, I can understand.

Explaining the names is important as that will be part of a law suit. By including the name issue you make your videos useful for those of us preparing for justice. Well done.

Perhaps an international version and a US version is feasible. :)

Greg.

Gemini

caledonia,

Nice job! Thank you for doing all that work.

The October CFSAC meeting...would you consider submitting it as
testimony on behalf of patients to get its content in the official record?

Dolphin

Excellent stuff, caledonia. Thanks.

Ok, thanks very much for putting in so much effort. I was thinking to myself I would find it very very difficult to try to do something like that - it is comforting in one way to know it took you a while.
But my main point is to thank you.

muffin

Fantastic!!!!!

I think this video is just so darn good that I am going to send it to Dr. Frieden at the CDC!!
Like to keep Tom up to date on things going on with CFS and the CDC.

Post this video everywhere possible!!! This tells our story!!!!