• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mutaflor - linked to colon cancer [2020]

godlovesatrier

Has anyone seen this before? https://m.nutritioninsight.com/news...cs-as-link-to-colorectal-cancer-unveiled.html

They are saying that constant alteration of the gut lining cells with DNA changes promotes a higher driver for cancerous events.

It's somewhat put a dampener on my probiotic approach. Not that I know yet if I even need e coli strains but if I did I'm not sure what I'd do to get them now.

@Nuno you asked me about this brand. Worth taking note.

Pearshaped

😱 thank you, very interesting..
I cant be without mutaflor, it helps me with D.
but now Im a bit worried..

If I stop taking it, everything gets worse in a hurry.
It's a cornerstone of my treatment.

I'm sorry, it's the last thing you would have wanted to read. It's a long shot but perhaps there's similar strain that would be effective but without the risk mentioned in the article?

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
If I stop taking it, everything gets worse in a hurry.
It's a cornerstone of my treatment.

I think you have to weigh the risk to benefit ratio.

In my opinion, I also think eventually everything on the planet earth will be found to cause cancer in someone's study.

If it gives you a better quality of life now...now is all we really have for sure.

ljimbo423

In my opinion, I also think eventually everything on the planet earth will be found to cause cancer in someone's study.

Having so much information available to us is a double edge sword. Some of it can be very accurate and helpful. Much of isn't, (maybe most). I don't trust any single study.

If there were 4-5 studies or more that said Mutaflor was linked to colon cancer, I would be reluctant to use it, but not just one.

😱 thank you, very interesting..

there was a study linking mutaflor to helping fight tumours but i cant find it on line now.. my point being, there is so much manipulation going on i would just ignore that study in the op and concentrate on your own health... have you killed off enough of the problem bacteria that caused your problems in the first place? if your having benefits of taking the mutaflor but theyre not lasting my first thought is you havent killed off enough problem bacteria... once youve restored balance to your gut, you can use colustrum to to feed the mutaflor and establish a colony of that strain.... just watch out with some prebiotics as they could feed problem bacteria too.... kfibre is another good prebiotic thats fodmap friendly:)