Mutaflor - linked to colon cancer [2020]

Has anyone seen this before? https://m.nutritioninsight.com/news...cs-as-link-to-colorectal-cancer-unveiled.html

They are saying that constant alteration of the gut lining cells with DNA changes promotes a higher driver for cancerous events.

It's somewhat put a dampener on my probiotic approach. Not that I know yet if I even need e coli strains but if I did I'm not sure what I'd do to get them now.

@Nuno you asked me about this brand. Worth taking note.

Pearshaped

😱 thank you, very interesting..
I cant be without mutaflor, it helps me with D.
but now Im a bit worried..

If I stop taking it, everything gets worse in a hurry.
It's a cornerstone of my treatment.
I'm sorry, it's the last thing you would have wanted to read. It's a long shot but perhaps there's similar strain that would be effective but without the risk mentioned in the article?

Judee

I cant be without mutaflor, it helps me with D.
but now Im a bit worried..
If I stop taking it, everything gets worse in a hurry.
It's a cornerstone of my treatment.
I think you have to weigh the risk to benefit ratio.

In my opinion, I also think eventually everything on the planet earth will be found to cause cancer in someone's study.

If it gives you a better quality of life now...now is all we really have for sure.

ljimbo423

In my opinion, I also think eventually everything on the planet earth will be found to cause cancer in someone's study.
Having so much information available to us is a double edge sword. Some of it can be very accurate and helpful. Much of isn't, (maybe most). I don't trust any single study.

If there were 4-5 studies or more that said Mutaflor was linked to colon cancer, I would be reluctant to use it, but not just one.