• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Money for Phoenix Rising and WPI: Isearchgive instructional video!

Frank

After pinning some money away from our cause, it seems like isearchgive is back to normal and you get your regular cent per search.

Merry

Hi, Glen. Thanks for your interest.

iGive.com sent a check for $63.53 on the 23rd of September to Phoenix Rising. (iGive lists the check as "uncashed." Did you get it, Cort?)

The total raised so far (since May?) is $95.24.

The orders I have placed from mechants associated with iGive.com have raised much more money for PR than what I've accumulated with searches. With Christmas shopping upon us, maybe more forum members will consider opening an iSearch account to raise money for PR. And, I think, some forum members are also signed up to raise money for WPI.

Merry

Merry

Hello, Searchers & Shoppers.

For the first few months, since the 5th of June when Frank started this thread by posting an instructional video, 8 or 9 people were signed up. In the last week or so, the number of people participating has risen to 19. This is great! Thanks to everyone.

If I remember correctly, the first time a participant orders from a merchant associated with iGive.com, $5 is donated to the partcipant's designated cause (plus some percentage of the purchase total?).

Cort reports that he did indeed receive his first check, which was for $63.53. So we did not search in vain.

Presently the amount for the next check is $16 something. A check is sent every month but only if the amount reaches $25. Lower monthly totals are rolled over into the next month.

iGive keeps flashing a banner ad that the video contest is still going on - open for entries until the end of the month.

Thanks again.

Merry

helen41

Frank, this was so easy. I was going to buy Christmas presents online anyway. The Source had my daughters Xbox thingy and I can just pick it up in a couple of days. Tomorrow it's the Sears catalogue....

Frank

Helen, i've noticed the amount gone up last time i checked, thanks for your contribution!

dannybex

IGIVE software messed up my computer...

I went to the link a couple of days ago and downloaded the I-Give software, and hate to say it, but it has messed up my computer -- at least my Safari browser. Every time I try to open Safari, I get a message saying there's a new version of IGive available, would I like to download it? Whether I say yes, or no, about 5 seconds later, the browser window for Safari shuts down completely.

I also have Firefox, so I can use that, but have a lot of bookmarked sites in the Safari browser, and cannot access them now. I've tried to uninstall the I-Give software, but every time I try that, it shuts down as well.

I'm posting this very reluctantly -- I wanted to help as everyone else does -- but also want to warn people that they may run into a problem as well.

Now I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated. (I have a Mac G5 from 2005.)

Dan

Merry

Oh dear, Dan!

I just looked on the iSearchiGive home page, and at the bottom, in the section of smallest print, on the right, it says, "Problems? Contact us." I clicked on the "Contact us" and got what looked like a page to begin to file a complaint or ask a question. "Begin ticket" - something like that. When I clicked on a box to direct the ticket to the right department, I saw that there is a topic called "Mac toolbar." Does that sound promising?

At least someone at iSearch ought to tell you how uninstall.

I am sorry you are having to wrestle with this. Please post again here if you continue to have trouble.

Good luck.
Merry

dannybex

Thanks Helen and Merry...

Yes, it was the toolbar that I guess I downloaded, but thought I needed to. :confused:

Thanks Merry for the info...I'll try and see if they can help me...that does sound promising.

Will let you know what happens.

Thanks again.

d.

Merry

Bumping for lancelot.

Register at iGive.com, choose a cause to support (Phoenix Rising or other ME/CFS organization would be nice), download the iGiveiSearch toolbar.

The website lists the online retailers that have committed to donating through iGive.com. iGive.com receives the donations from the retailers and sends the money to your designated charity.

My toolbar notifies me when I enter the site of an associated retailer. You may have to enable that feature. It's been six months since I installed the toolbar, and I can't remember.

The retailers run specials, times when they increase the amount of donation. If you sign up for the iGive newsletter (monthly?), you will see the specials.

Also for the iSearchiGive toolbar, every search generates $.01 for your cause. The last time I checked, 256 people had signed up to support Phoenix Rising. And right now, temporarily, iGive is giving $.02 per search.

Merry

Yesterday igive.com emailed me about a new promotion:

We've just surpassed 21,000 "Likes" on Facebook, so we're celebrating.

We're inviting 21,000 new people to start using iGive by Aug. 31. They'll earn $10 or more free for Phoenix Rising. Actually, you get to do the inviting, we'll provide the money.

Just send invitees this link or post it on Facebook or other sites (you can even forward this e-mail):

http://www.iGive.com/welcome/warmwelcome.cfm?c=55972&m=728567

Some Quick Celebration Details:

$5 is donated just for using iGive through 10/31/11. No purchase necessary.

Another $5 (or more) is donated if the new member also makes a purchase by 10/31/11.

Shopping more means helping more. Over 900 great stores participate.

No pop ups, ads, toolbars, special search engine, or unwanted emails.

Our Facebook Page has great testimonials: http://www.facebook.com/igive

New, never before having joined iGive people only qualify for this celebration.

It's a bit of a race so get those invites out soon. Once 21,000 new members are using the iGive Button (for Phoenix Rising or other causes) or August 31, 2011 happens, the celebration ends.

Yours,

Robert N. Grosshandler
Founder

P.S. If you want to track how your cause is doing, please visit http://www.iGive.com//html/causestats.cfm.

--END of email

For PR members unfamiliar with igive.com, a search engine that raises money for good causes, please see Frank's instructional video at the beginning of this thread.

Thanks.
Merry

Merry

Just a reminder to take advantage of promotion going on through 31st at igive.com:

http://www.iGive.com/welcome/warmwelcome.cfm?c=55972&m=728567

Some Quick Celebration Details:

$5 is donated just for using iGive through 10/31/11. No purchase necessary.

Another $5 (or more) is donated if the new member also makes a purchase by 10/31/11.

Shopping more means helping more. Over 900 great stores participate.

No pop ups, ads, toolbars, special search engine, or unwanted emails.

Our Facebook Page has great testimonials: http://www.facebook.com/igive

New, never before having joined iGive people only qualify for this celebration.

In the last year PR members have raised over $500 for this website by using the igive search engine and shopping with retailers that donate to igive.

Thank you.