• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mitochondria efficiently adapt to changing metabolic conditions, published Feb 10/22

keepontruckin

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2022/02/220210154147.htm

"A recent study explains an essential component for proper mitochondrial function: The protein complexes MICOS and ATP synthase can communicate with each other."

"Mitochondria, the power plants of the cell, make massive contributions to the energy supply of the body by burning metabolites with the help of oxygen.... Defects in these processes result in severe human diseases. "
I don't understand this but someone else may benefit.

Rufous McKinney

I'm into the mitochondria. It sort of figures, it being an actual once upon a time independent organism and all.

Here is a diagram I located, showing this physical architecture referred to as MICOS. Its necessary to maintain the cristae- folds on the inner membrane where much action takes place.

Sometimes I think pictures of things going on in our bodies might be helpful for visualizing purposes. Can we direct our attention to an area of the body not quite working right and: make internal corrections? Maybe?

1644792858228.png