• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Miracle Mineral Supplement

SaraM

Mms

I recently started MMS and would like to know about your experience with this mineral . Thanks.

m1she11e

Mms

I did MMS about 2 years ago and worked up to the 15 drops 3x a day (I think that was how it went. I followed the instructions) I noticed no difference.

In the last year, in my desperation, tried it at a practitioners recommendation
because she said she was seeing great results. She even wanted me to do 5 drops as an enema. :eek: Once again, I personally did not feel better or worse on it.

I think it is so cheap though that it is worth a try!

Good luck, and I hope it helps!

caledonia

If you're talking about Miracle Mineral Supplement not MSM (sulfur), I have a friend with Hep C who tried it. She has spent the last couple of years getting herself from bedridden into remission from Hep C with various naturopathic and detox methods, so she has a lot of knowledge in that area.

Anyway, she tried MMS for several months and it only made her feel worse. She concluded it was toxic for her system.

SaraM

Thank you guys for the input. I am using just 4 drops for now and it gives me more muscle pain. I was wondering if this could be due to MMS killing pathogens, but my gut feeling says it is not . Anyways, I am going to continue taking it for a few weeks and see if it will make a difference.

Frank

I think best advice is to go lower until you experience a minimum of discomfort. Like maybe one drop. And then keep this up for weeks maybe months and after that try two. Remember we are extra sensitive..

Frank

MMS and MMS2

MMS is said to be used against aids, etc..

http://jimhumble.biz/

MMS compared to ozone and hydrogen peroxide therapies
http://jimhumble.biz/biz-ozonecontrast.htm

I tried it, but not to a full extent, part because i had fears, part because i got headaches of it at low dosage already(2 drops). Are there people (daredevils) who did use it long time at higher dosages or via for example the aids protocol?
I do know it helped my sore throat, upper respitory infections, mucus.

SaraM

I used it on a hyperpigmented skin patch and it badly burned me. So, I did not take it internally. It is helping with nail fungus,too, but I need more time to be sure of the final result.

DavidJ.

i just stopped taking it . i only took it for 3 days anyway,lol. it made me really weak and dizzy so i cant really recommend it. i am at 80% of my strength again anyway, so i wont do any more risky treatments.

U

Unacceptable86

Was wondering if anyone has tried the Miracle Mineral Supplement (MMS), and have gotten any decent results?

Wayne

MMS Experience

Was wondering if anyone has tried the Miracle Mineral Supplement (MMS), and have gotten any decent results?

Hi Unacceptable,

I started experimenting with MMS in 2008 and feel I've gotten some good benefits from using it. I'm currently doing a maintenance dose of about 3-4 drops per day. I started out at a much lower dosage however.

I posted quite extensively about my MMS experience on the ProHealth board. I'll paste part of my first post below. My original thread was quite lengthy, with many responding to it, including Richvank with his usual great comments and insights.

Wayne

Originally Posted on the ProHealth Board on 6/1/08

The main reason I began to experiment with MMS was because of its reputed ability to oxidize (kill) many pathogens, including those responsible for Malaria, Lyme, HIV, Hepatitis, etc. And many pathogens, whether viral, bacterial, fungal, etc. seem to be implicated in many cases of ME/CFS/FM.

I’ve long suspected I have Lyme, and began to see an even clearer clinical picture for myself after reading many of the Lyme posts on this board (Thank you to all who posted!) After reading online reports of people improving Lyme and other pathogenic symptoms with MMS, I thought perhaps it might help me as well.

I can’t say for sure I have Lyme, and I can’t say for sure that MMS is oxidizing it or any other pathogen in my body, but I feel this is the case. It just feels that I’ve been battling some type of infection that has created much of my “agitated exhaustion”, and whatever pathogen(s) it may be, it now feels it is beginning to be eradicated, and leaving behind a sense of calm in my body.

The reason I say “beginning” is because I’ve been very cautious about proceeding with this MMS experiment. While they recommend starting out rather aggressively (by my standards) and working up to 15-30 drops/day, I started slowly, and have not yet progressed to their recommended levels.

I started out at a single drop a day, and while noticing some subtle improvements, I also noticed a certain sensitivity in my sinuses. It may have been from a low grade sinus infection working itself out; I just don’t know. But I decided to back off until I no longer noticed this sensitivity. This entailed eventually cutting back to 1/3 drop every other day. From there I went to drop every day, then a 2/3 drop, and finally a drop every other day.

I finally got back to a whole drop every day, then starting slowing adding incrementally (2-3 times a day). It was still slow going for a while, until this past week, when I went (comfortably) to a drop twice daily, then a drop three times daily, then gradually adding until I am now at two drops three times daily. I’m mentioning this because it took me 4-6 weeks to reach this level.

It was much slower going for me in the beginning, and I now feel I’m beginning to gain a certain momentum as I go forward. It also seems now that the more I take the better I feel. It’s gotten to the point where I can walk better and have noticeably improved cognitive abilities.

If you’re interested, this MMS link is a good place to get started on MMS research.

Improved Oxygen Utilization / NMH Improved

I have for years felt that my body cannot properly use oxygen. It’s been frustrating to take a deep breath because it has felt like I’m breathing into a plastic balloon, with precious little oxygen able to go out and penetrate my body and cells. I live at approx. 2,000 ft elevation here in southern Oregon, and when I would start going up into the mountains in the surrounding area, I would immediately notice the low oxygen affecting me in many ways.

Within a few short days of starting the MMS, I noticed when taking a deep breath that my oxygen utilization seemed to be improving significantly. Yesterday I did a test and made a trip up to about 4,500 feet and stayed all day (in my cute little 15-foot self-contained camper, with a great picture window). I didn’t notice the negative effects of that very high elevation until evening. That is really quite remarkable for me.

This seems to tie in with my noticeable improvements in my NMH. I don’t really know whether these two areas of benefit are the result of improved mitochondrial function (my best guess), pathogen dieoff, or some kind of combination of the two. It may be a totally different dynamic than any of these possibilities, but what I do know is that feels really significant. I suspect a lot of our problems/symptoms can be attributed to not having enough oxygen available for normal biologic functions.

I should add also that I do not believe I would be getting the kind of results with MMS that I am had I not “set the stage” for myself by doing many other things, both past and present. I’ve had my amalgams removed, had an asymptomatic infected root-canaled tooth extracted, had the Atlas Profilax procedure done to properly align my atlas and relieve serious cranial nerve compression, had a specialized “balloon treatment” to clear up my sinus passages and restore flexibility to my locked cranials; I’m sure there’s more. And I’m currently doing the methylation cycle block supplements (Thanks Rich); taking various mitochondrial fuels (supplements) and various probiotic supplements; doing various detoxification measures, including and an oral chelation program; and much more.

As much benefit as I’m currently getting from the MMS, I’m under no illusion that it is going to be some kind of magic bullet for me. There are not guarantees my improvements will continue, and if they do, there will be much more to do, including attempting to rebuild my body after decades of chronic illness.

Perspectives -- Summation

I’ve long looked at oxygenation/oxidative therapies as having a lot of potential for helping me with my health issues, especially those related to various pathogens. They always seemed to me to be safer than various regimens of antibiotics and/or anti-virals. I did a stint of food grade hydrogen peroxide drops about 15 years ago, tried photophoresis (type of ozone therapy), drank ozonated water and currently take drops which create ozone in the body. I’ve had fairly limited success with these therapies, but they did give me a good yardstick with which to evaluate my current experience with MMS. And based on this past experience, MMS seems to be in a league of its own, being far more effective than any of the other oxidative therapies I’ve tried.

Last edited:

Tembo

Australia
Jim Humble- MMS - Have you tried it?

I was given a bottle of MMS tonight and Ive been staring at the bottle warily all evening wondering if I should give it a go. I know all the freaky details about it not being approved and how it can make you really sick but the fact ( well not really a fact) that he seems to have so much success with HIV patients ( or so he claims) makes me wonder if I do have XMRV would it help me?

Im curious........and scared.......any one tried it before? Any thoughts?

I have been suffering with unexplainble rashes,bloating,lethargy,occasional cramps after certain foods,bad breath, white fury tongue for years and only recently found out i have a gluten and lactose allergy due to havng candida in my stomach etc for most of my life.
Having been interested in health and nutrition, i have tried to heal myself with juicing and eating a pretty heathy diet to which have now found to be wrong for having candida!So, i was given a hair allergy test and advised to try the miracle mineral drops to eliminate the candida;being eager and also very busy i decided to buy the drops and was told to mix one drop with one drop of citric acid - due to the lack of product my nutritionist advised me to get it from a herbal shop where they told me it was 1 drop to 3 citric and i explained i was told differently and they said ok;I am slightly sensitive as a person and took 1 drop the first day 2 the second until the fourth day when i decided it was a bit strong and my stomach and osophegus felt on fire so i stopped as i didnt know what to expect,(I felt ok for the first 2 days)I am 43 years old with a allergy to penecillin, which i remember my gp questioning as i got older so my body has a strange reaction to fungus;I have had shingles twice once at 29 and again after pregnancy 4years ago so my immune system isnt so great.
What i would like to know is there anyone out there who could advise me as i am worried i could have done some damage to my immune system taking the mms as the day after i stopped i got so low and depressed and felt physically stripped of everything! it finally took 7 days for the queasy feeling to lift and i havent been eating much due to an absess on my gum which appeared on the day after stopping!!interesting news as i managed to clear up the absess in 2 days with using mms as a mouthwash!!
So it definately works but could i have done some damage to my immune system as it may not have been strong enough to cope with the wrong dosage and sudden stoppage?its been 2 weeks since i stopped and i have had a rash and experienced pain after eating the wrong food more intensively;feels like i am full of toxins stuck in my liver etc is this possible?a little swollen and very lethargic.
I would like to start taking the blazei- mrl mushroom supplement to enhance my immune system and wonder if it is a good idea right now as they say to keep off mushrooms when having candida????PLease help???

Min

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-11404218

Alert issued on danger supplement

Food watchdogs have issued an alert after finding that a chemical marketed online as a health supplement was similar to industrial-strength bleach.

'Miracle Mineral Supplement' is 28% sodium chlorite - which becomes bleach when mixed with citric acid.

Even taken as instructed, experts say it can cause severe vomiting and diarrhoea - and mixing it wrongly could lead to respiratory failure...

http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/...tyAlertsforHumanMedicalProducts/ucm220756.htm

Miracle Mineral Solution (MMS): Product as consumed produces a potent bleach

FDA warned consumers not to consume or use Miracle Mineral Solution, an oral liquid solution also known as "Miracle Mineral Supplement" or "MMS." The product, when used as directed, produces an industrial bleach that can cause serious harm to health. The product instructs consumers to mix the 28 percent sodium chlorite solution with an acid such as citrus juice. This mixture produces chlorine dioxide, a potent bleach used for stripping textiles and industrial water treatment. High oral doses of this bleach, such as those recommended in the labeling, can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and symptoms of severe dehydration...

Lou

"Danger supplement", "industrial-strength bleach", oooooh, sounds mean as a crockodile, but most likely is only a croc. From what I've read by a very respected alternative medical doctor, Robert Rowen, this is not the case at all, in fact, if taken in moderation and smaller doses it is quite safe.

It seems telling the side effects warned about by the FDA are ones you could get by eating at a Mexican restaurant (or any other restaurant, for that matter), while toxic drugs much more dangerous with side effects including death remain approved and hyped with vigor. Well, MMS can't be patented, and Jim Humble is no multi-billion dollar pharma. Go figure.

I wonder, Wayne, if you still take MMS and what your thoughts are about it now.

Wayne

"Danger supplement", "industrial-strength bleach", oooooh, sounds mean as a crockodile, but most likely is only a croc. From what I've read by a very respected alternative medical doctor, Robert Rowen, this is not the case at all, in fact, if taken in moderation and smaller doses it is quite safe.

It seems telling the side effects warned about by the FDA are ones you could get by eating at a Mexican restaurant (or any other restaurant, for that matter), while toxic drugs much more dangerous with side effects including death remain approved and hyped with vigor. Well, MMS can't be patented, and Jim Humble is no multi-billion dollar pharma. Go figure.

I wonder, Wayne, if you still take MMS and what your thoughts are about it now.

Hi Lou,

It's been a while since I've taken MMS (a few months), but have been meaning to get back to it. I go through periods occasionally where I feel I need to back off on a number of therapies I frequently use, including Rife, homeopathy, etc. It feels like a need these breaks because it gets sort of exhausting always trying to evaluate what's working, and to what degree, etc.

But as far as MMS is concerned, I continue to have a very high regard for it. I wrote a post recently on my homeopathy thread about how a friend/acquaintance felt he made tremendous strides after he started on MMS. Here's just part of that post:
He’s also done a lot of other things in the past, and recently had some very good success using MMS (Miracle Mineral Solution - [chlorine dioxide]).

1) Regarding the MMS; he said it has virtually cleared up all of his stomach problems, which he has long felt were a core issue for him. He believes they started after he inadvertently drank some contaminated water containing some kind of parasite (5-6 years ago), as he felt horrible the following day and never recovered. He feels this contributed in a major way to his Lyme becoming much worse than it had been, primarily because he felt it totally shut down his immune system.

He said that after doing the MMS for a while, he was leaning over, and all of a sudden felt a pop in his sinuses. And once this “pop” occurred, his balance, which had been a major problem for him, went away at the same time. And shortly after, the severe stomach problems that had plagued him for about 5-6 years virtually disappeared. He said he actually began to feel hunger again. He’s taking a break from the MMS at the moment, but intends to get back to it again soon. He feels it is very safe, as it breaks down into a salt within a couple of hours after ingesting it.

Wayne

I posted recently on MMS at LymeNet. The following notable post was made just today, and thought I'd post it here:

Posted by Tick Battler on the LymeNet Board - 11-18-13
I was just checking in here and glad Wayne brought up Gigi's post. My entire family of 5 is on Kerri Rivera's autism MMS (CD) protocol and it has changed our lives.

Kerri's baby bottle protocol is the most gentle because you start with 1 drop in 8 oz of water and then take an ounce every hour. That way you start with 1/8 of a drop. If you don't herx too bad, then you can bump up to 2 drops in 8 oz of water, still taking only 1 ounce at a time from this bottle each hour.

There is a facebook group for adults using Kerri's protocol called CD Health. You can join and learn from others on the protocol. If you have a child on the protocol, you can join the CD Autism facebook group. Each day I read about autistic children that are doing things they never have done in the past. Today I read about a 17 year old autistic child who never spoke and is now asking for a snack. It is wonderful to see these children healing. 110 autistic kids have now healed on this protocol. They are in mainstream classes without IEP's and playing sports and having playdates for the first time in their lives.

If an autistic child can heal on MMS, I feel pretty confident that it will help most others.

Kerri's book is called "Healing the Symptoms Known as Autism" and you can get it on Amazon.com.

Last edited:

Wayne

A few years ago, after I began noticing a pretty consistent increase in energy and cognitive function from using MMS, I began to do more research into it. At one point I discovered MMS has a similar chemical composition to Dichloroacetate (DCA) [two oxygens, two chlorines, and two carbons]. DCA, a safe, unpatentable and inexpensive drug, is currently being researched at the University of Alberta where they are successfully treating various types of cancers with virtually no side effects.

It turns out DCA has been used for years to treat people with mitochondrial disease. The drug boosts the ability of mitochondria to generate energy. When given to cancer cells it did the same: the cells switched from glycolysis to mitochondrial energy production. Functional mitochondria in turn helps cells recognize functional abnormalities and trigger cell death.

After reading how DCA affects mitochondrial function, I immediately began to suspect that this was the mechanism for my improved energy, ability to better utilize oxygen, and my NMH improvement. If these improvements had been the result of eliminating part of my pathogen load, it seems my improved energy and oxygen utilization would have been slow and steady (over a period of weeks or longer). Instead, these symptoms seem to improve significantly immediately after ingesting my dosages of MMS, and then gradually begin to fade over the next few hours.

For anybody interested in reading or researching DCA, here's three links can give you a bit of an introduction:

Updating You on DCA and Cancer

DCA (Dichoroacetate) Cancer Research
Effective Treatment for Many Different Types of Tumor via Activation & Normalization of Mitochondrial Function?

A Cheap and Simple Cure For Cancer --- Below is a snippet from this link

DCA is a metabolite of certain chlorinated industrial solvents and of several pharmaceuticals(4). DCA has also been used for decades as an investigational drug to treat numerous cardiovascular and metabolic disorders in humans, for example, diabetes, hypercholesterolemia, and amelioration of lactic acid during liver transplantation (4-6).

I found it interesting that DCA is chemically related to industrial bleach, somewhat similar to MMS also being chemically related to bleach (but is not bleach). And yet DCA continues to be researched for many different health conditions.

Note: MMS is Sodium Chlorite. When activated with an acid, it creates chlorine dioxide. Sodium Hypochlorite is common bleach. Chlorine Dioxide kills pathogens and purifies water through oxidation, like Hydrogen Peroxide. Sodium Hypochlorite disinfects through chlorination.

Last edited:

Wayne

... I have stopped using MMS because I much prefer the pure chlorine dioxide form in CDS (Chlorine Dioxide Solution). This is a processed MMS where the gas produced is captured in water (some of the gas goes into solution). The result is much milder, easier to take, and actually seems to be more effective for me and a few others. Much of the bad taste and difficulty taking MMS is from the secondary chemicals used to create the chlorine dioxide, and those are all gone with CDS.

This is about CFS, but I have a relative who is using CDS as an adjunct to chemo therapy and her tumor markers went down so fast the cancer nurses said she should be celebrating, the drop was unusual. She also was able to stop chemo sooner than usual.

Regarding safety, I think we are sick enough that if it works for us, that is better than not treating. Anyway, the doctors writing against MMS are hypocritical if they don't also point out how many poisons are used in medicine already. The key factor with any treatment is the dose and that applies to MMS or CDS as well as any other medical intervention. Anyway, the FDA approves chlorine dioxide for human consumption at low amounts. The FDA allows chlorine dioxide to be sprayed on meats to kill bacteria and help preserve them, for us, the consumers. Also, as Wayne said, it is use in water purification. We already are exposed to chlorine dioxide regularly. The current medical issue with MMS is about dose and not about exposure. And my experience with dose is that it needs to be small. One drop can be too much for some people, so they can just use part of a drop at first (by throwing out some of the dilution).

Incidentally, CDS or MMS, either one, gives me more energy across the day, although sometimes there are some die-off symptoms.

Hi Kurt, thanks for posting about your relative who is using CDS. I think it ties in nicely with my above post on DCA.

Last edited: