Was wondering if anyone has tried the Miracle Mineral Supplement (MMS), and have gotten any decent results?
Alert issued on danger supplement
Food watchdogs have issued an alert after finding that a chemical marketed online as a health supplement was similar to industrial-strength bleach.
'Miracle Mineral Supplement' is 28% sodium chlorite - which becomes bleach when mixed with citric acid.
Even taken as instructed, experts say it can cause severe vomiting and diarrhoea - and mixing it wrongly could lead to respiratory failure...
Miracle Mineral Solution (MMS): Product as consumed produces a potent bleach
FDA warned consumers not to consume or use Miracle Mineral Solution, an oral liquid solution also known as "Miracle Mineral Supplement" or "MMS." The product, when used as directed, produces an industrial bleach that can cause serious harm to health. The product instructs consumers to mix the 28 percent sodium chlorite solution with an acid such as citrus juice. This mixture produces chlorine dioxide, a potent bleach used for stripping textiles and industrial water treatment. High oral doses of this bleach, such as those recommended in the labeling, can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and symptoms of severe dehydration...
"Danger supplement", "industrial-strength bleach", oooooh, sounds mean as a crockodile, but most likely is only a croc. From what I've read by a very respected alternative medical doctor, Robert Rowen, this is not the case at all, in fact, if taken in moderation and smaller doses it is quite safe.
It seems telling the side effects warned about by the FDA are ones you could get by eating at a Mexican restaurant (or any other restaurant, for that matter), while toxic drugs much more dangerous with side effects including death remain approved and hyped with vigor. Well, MMS can't be patented, and Jim Humble is no multi-billion dollar pharma. Go figure.
I wonder, Wayne, if you still take MMS and what your thoughts are about it now.
He’s also done a lot of other things in the past, and recently had some very good success using MMS (Miracle Mineral Solution - [chlorine dioxide]).
1) Regarding the MMS; he said it has virtually cleared up all of his stomach problems, which he has long felt were a core issue for him. He believes they started after he inadvertently drank some contaminated water containing some kind of parasite (5-6 years ago), as he felt horrible the following day and never recovered. He feels this contributed in a major way to his Lyme becoming much worse than it had been, primarily because he felt it totally shut down his immune system.
He said that after doing the MMS for a while, he was leaning over, and all of a sudden felt a pop in his sinuses. And once this “pop” occurred, his balance, which had been a major problem for him, went away at the same time. And shortly after, the severe stomach problems that had plagued him for about 5-6 years virtually disappeared. He said he actually began to feel hunger again. He’s taking a break from the MMS at the moment, but intends to get back to it again soon. He feels it is very safe, as it breaks down into a salt within a couple of hours after ingesting it.
I was just checking in here and glad Wayne brought up Gigi's post. My entire family of 5 is on Kerri Rivera's autism MMS (CD) protocol and it has changed our lives.
Kerri's baby bottle protocol is the most gentle because you start with 1 drop in 8 oz of water and then take an ounce every hour. That way you start with 1/8 of a drop. If you don't herx too bad, then you can bump up to 2 drops in 8 oz of water, still taking only 1 ounce at a time from this bottle each hour.
There is a facebook group for adults using Kerri's protocol called CD Health. You can join and learn from others on the protocol. If you have a child on the protocol, you can join the CD Autism facebook group. Each day I read about autistic children that are doing things they never have done in the past. Today I read about a 17 year old autistic child who never spoke and is now asking for a snack. It is wonderful to see these children healing. 110 autistic kids have now healed on this protocol. They are in mainstream classes without IEP's and playing sports and having playdates for the first time in their lives.
If an autistic child can heal on MMS, I feel pretty confident that it will help most others.
Kerri's book is called "Healing the Symptoms Known as Autism" and you can get it on Amazon.com.
... I have stopped using MMS because I much prefer the pure chlorine dioxide form in CDS (Chlorine Dioxide Solution). This is a processed MMS where the gas produced is captured in water (some of the gas goes into solution). The result is much milder, easier to take, and actually seems to be more effective for me and a few others. Much of the bad taste and difficulty taking MMS is from the secondary chemicals used to create the chlorine dioxide, and those are all gone with CDS.
This is about CFS, but I have a relative who is using CDS as an adjunct to chemo therapy and her tumor markers went down so fast the cancer nurses said she should be celebrating, the drop was unusual. She also was able to stop chemo sooner than usual.
Regarding safety, I think we are sick enough that if it works for us, that is better than not treating. Anyway, the doctors writing against MMS are hypocritical if they don't also point out how many poisons are used in medicine already. The key factor with any treatment is the dose and that applies to MMS or CDS as well as any other medical intervention. Anyway, the FDA approves chlorine dioxide for human consumption at low amounts. The FDA allows chlorine dioxide to be sprayed on meats to kill bacteria and help preserve them, for us, the consumers. Also, as Wayne said, it is use in water purification. We already are exposed to chlorine dioxide regularly. The current medical issue with MMS is about dose and not about exposure. And my experience with dose is that it needs to be small. One drop can be too much for some people, so they can just use part of a drop at first (by throwing out some of the dilution).
Incidentally, CDS or MMS, either one, gives me more energy across the day, although sometimes there are some die-off symptoms.