• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

#MillionsMissing needs Protest Song (have words, need melody)

Groggy Doggy

I wrote the lyricis for this protest song, but need someone that can put it to a tune. Anyone interested?

> PROTEST SONG
>
> "Shoes of Many Colors"
>
> Once, wore many shoes
> But now they are gone
> Millions Missing
> United in song
>
> Were, engaged in careers
> Treks with family and friends
> Millions Missing
> Hope for health again
>
> Now slightly alive
> Unable to fend
> Millions Missing
> How will this end?
>
> Through research and funding
> Awareness abound
> Millions Missing
> Will begin to be found
>
> A challenge to solve
> Perseverance is key
> Want Millions Missing
> Back up on their feet!

JohnCB

Immoderate
I'm not a musician but one way to get a tune is to copy one that is in the public domain. By that I mean something that is now out of copyright. A good source would be old musicals, operettas and similar shows. Wikipedia has a long article on copyright. At one point it says "In the United States, all books and other works published before 1923 have expired copyrights". Fire up Spotify and see if there are some old tunes that fit your needs.

Edit: typo

Last edited:

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I'm not a musician either.

I like your lyrics. I have been sitting here reading through them to see if they remind me of any tune I know, but have not had any luck.