• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Methylation Question

1gooddog

@1gooddog - good things - do you remember the antiviral recipe? Again, the chapter on Stress was maybe 20 pages, I went through that countless times and learned a great deal. It provided a jumping board for me to expand to other adrenal studies.

The adrenals are so critical for health as you know and without healthy adrenals, it makes it harder to recover. Involved in immune function, stress functions (mental, emotional and biological etc.).

1gooddog

Sorry,. I do not recall. But I will do some research when I am stronger. I learned food combinations necessary for nutrient absorption. I learned that children who drink only milk are likely to be iron deficient as the milk inhibits iron absorption. Better to drink juice. She was a fount of info for young parents who wanted healthy children. I do know about healthy adrenals and refuse any drug that can affect them.

SWAlexander

experiences with Vitamin B5
Not extensively. I used B5 briefly in the hope that it would restore my bad skin condition. It is a detoxification of drugs, toxins, and metabolic waste products in the liver.

B5 has also helped break down fatty acids and elevate the metabolism in the digestive system and is also involved in the synthesis of steroid hormones, cortisol, testosterone also estrogen. Low cortisol is my major problem.
Now I increased my meat and dairy consumption, but I´m careful with turkey and chicken. A balance is needed. Both can elevate tryptophan/serotonin too much (tryptophan is a precursor to serotonin).

SWAlexander

magnesium deficiency
Thank you for posting in detail.
"I've been taking magnesium (Biolectra 300) for about 8 months every 3rd day. This supplement comes in the form of Micro-Pellets that dissolve rapidly in the mouth. After at least a month of consistent use, I've noticed a significant reduction in muscle cramps and a marked improvement in my sleep patterns."

I would like to mention that individual responses can vary. Taking magnesium for the first time it would be wise to start on a lower dose to observe possible effects.

Last edited:

LINE

Magnesium is very sensitive to stressors and rapidly depleted under stress conditions. That stress may be emotional (most equate stress to emotional events) but biological stress is likely more prevalent with CFS and other immune conditions.

It is involved in 350+ enzymatic reactions which includes mitochondria support as you mention. It serves in many beneficial ways including being a precursor to glutathione which is an important molecule.