• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mercola info on swine flu vaccinations

Jody

Frickly,

You can sign up for a e-newsletter of Mercola's that comes out about twice a week. I've been getting if for a couple years now.

Not everything in it grabs me, but he has made substantial difference for me, with some information he has had long (like a year or two or three) before the mainstream media starts to consider it.

Victoria

Frickly,

I read Mercola's article with great interest.

And while I think there is a place for immunization in infants to prevent some of the early childhood diseases that were prevalent a hundred years ago, I also think that some vaccinations carry the potential to invade the body's natural defence system & infect it with unnecessary viruses.

I have never had a flu vaccination, although my Employers offer free flu vaccinations every year. I work for a school that would obviously have great potential to spread disease simply by the close interaction staff have with so many students & also with the constant contact with other schools & sporting groups.

Up until about 3 years ago, I always got bad colds, coughs, 2 bouts of pleuracy & similar viruses. If the whole of my office got a virus, I would get it to a far greater degree with several days off work.

My current diet & supplements provide a very high level of anti-oxidants & immune supporting vitamins/minerals etc.

This year, in an effort to ward off potential flu & viruses, I have increased my vitamin c intake substantially. It may be coincidence, but so far I am the only person NOT to get the usual winter bugs.

Something like 120 students from our middle school location have had the flu - some of which we suspect was the swine flu as students in surrounding schools were infected.

We (expecially those of us who have suppressed immune systems) need to think very carefully about vaccinations & drugs. I am certainly very sensitive to drugs from having seizures from Morphine (given to me in hospital) to a rash covering my whole body from one of the prescription strength analgesics I was given. Most antibiotics give me severe diarrhea (among other things).

I would suggest that chronically ill CFS/FM (& related illnesses) should ensure their diets are high in nutritional value, specifically targeting immune enhancement & high in anti-oxidants. Other health problems should also be supported by the appropriate dietary changes, so that drugs & vaccinations are used as a last resort, not a first step in treatment (I target this comment specifically towards those with drug/chemical sensitivities).

But we must be sensible about these issues. Emergency or life-threatening conditions need urgent treatment & (where appropriate) life saving drugs, not a cup of herbal tea or waiting to see if the body's self defence systems step up to the task.

(Note: I have studied herbal medicine & this statement was included in one of the first lectures)

Victoria

Frickly

Victoria,

"But we must be sensible about these issues. Emergency or life-threatening conditions need urgent treatment & (where appropriate) life saving drugs, not a cup of herbal tea or waiting to see if the body's self defence systems step up to the task."

I could not agree more with your statement above. We do need to be sensible. Too often we see things in black and white, left or right, right or wrong. Whats good for one is good for all. Often the reality lies somewhere in the middle.

Prescription medications is why my son was able to go to a public school. Prescription medicine is what allowed me to continue to take care of my children when my illness was at it's worst. However, this has only taken us so far and am beginning to learn the importance of balancing the body rather than just putting a bandage on it.

As we all know there are many medications and vaccines that have caused harm in the past and we must learn everything we can about these medications before we put them in our body. Blindly, following the directions of our doctors or our government can get us into real trouble. I have learned over the years, the importance of taking control of your own healthcare.

I beleive these are decisions we must each make individually but we must have all the information in order to make a good decision for ourselves and our family.

Take care,

Lisa

While on the topic of vaccinations - does anyone know much about tetanus shots with CFS? I know I am due for one in the next year, not sure when Jeremy is due but probably anytime. With how we live in the woods, we tend to get a bit more battered by things that would have tetanus present on them so I worry a little about not getting the shots and I worry a lot about getting them. :confused:

I planned on asking my doc about them at my next appointment but would like to have my own opinion about them before seeing him.

Thanks!
Lisa :)

Frickly

Lisa

This website has some interesting info regarding this vaccine along with a study done by the CDC on it's effectiveness. Considering your many chemical sensitivities, I would be very careful when getting vaccinations.

"A partial list of adverse events includes headache; nausea; vomiting; arthralgias; tachycardia; syncope (fainting); cranial nerve paralysis; and a variety of neurological complications including EEG disturbances, seizures and encephalopathy; anaphylaxis and Gullian-Barre' syndrome."

"It was disturbing to learn of the other ingredients that are in the tetanus toxoid vaccine: formaldehyde; sodium phosphate monobasic; sodium phophate dibasic, [an eye and skin irritant that may be harmful if ingested]; glycine, aluminum, and 25 ug. of thimerosal (mercury)."

http://www.vaccinetruth.org/page_8.htm

Lisa

Thanks Frickly!

I've read the link and definitely plan on skipping a tetanus booster. Scary stuff thats put in them. Is it all preservatives? Last thing I need right now is to go adding in some more Mercury to my toxic soup. blah.

Thank you very much for that link, it was just what I have been needing but was not able to find when I would google the problem.

Hugs!
Lisa :)

Stuart

Vaccines As Culprit? Current H1N1 "Swine Flu" Issues, 1976 Swine Flu Issues?

I was pondering a story I just saw about the H1N1 "swine flu," the vaccine in the works, and the 1976 swine flu outbreak and President Ford promoting everyone get the vaccine created to deal with it. The 1976 outbreak was not as bad as predicted, but the vaccine caused unexpected morbidity and mortality levels.

In 1976 I was just entering High School and recall queuing up for my shot. My memory isn't perfect, but I recall not feeling well afterwards, and perhaps never feeling like my energy level recovered. Is it possible that one trigger for ME/CFS was the bits of H & N viral proteins that were in that vaccine?

The Incline Village Lake Tahoe Nevada viral outbreak recognized in the early to mid 1980's was first recognized in a High School girls basketball team. Exactly the population one would expect to see flu or other viral outbreak occur in.

Could a vaccination viral protein stay in the body and later recombine with a seasonal flu? Could vaccines create an autoimmune disorder that prevents an effective response to viruses and other pathogens?

There are current concerns over how ANY vaccines are made, the adjuvants used as "helpers" to enhance an immune reaction have been claimed to cause immune disorders. A quick Google of "Vaccine Adjuvants" gives a few example with http://www.whale.to/vaccine/adjuvants.html being at the top written by a Dr. Viera Scheibner, who lists Lupus as a known side effect caused by vaccination, Lupus, MS, and other diseases are often considered to have similarities to ME/CFS.

In all the discussions of viral causes of ME/CFS, I have never seen any discussion of vaccinations containing viral proteins or the adjuvants used to provoke an immune response, is it just too hot a topic for any researcher to consider? Could the substances used to provoke an immune response be responsible for damaging the normal functioning of the number of disturbed systems seem in ME/CFS?

That said and without getting all "New World Order" or "Illuminati" tin foil hat conspiracy nut, the current H1N1 swine flu is recognized as being "strange" and a hybrid that would not likely be natural, i.e. it came from a lab. If it did it might be that since 9/11 bio weapons labs have proliferated and pharmaceutical companies have been involved in such research, it could just be an accidental release due to bad controls rather than deliberate.

Regardless of its origins the symptoms are unusual, it reaches deeper in the lungs like the 1918 flu and the current H5N1 "bird" flu (does it also infects the organs as well?). It is quite unusually sticking around in the summer months, and some infected individuals do NOT have a fever, which was to be your sign to not go to work and seek treatment. The current vaccine is being rushed and the pharmaceutical companies have been indemnified from any liability of adverse reactions. It is not clear whether the vaccine will use some novel production approach or adjuvants that might cause more severe reactions than known vaccines.

This would create quite a dilemma for a healthy individual to determine how to decide the best course of action, for us who can possible say; you will probably get many different opinions from different medical professionals. That said, does anyone have a source who seems to have a credible opinion on this?

Frickly

Stuart

Those are all good questions. I wish more people were asking these tough questions. I don't have the answers but think we must all learn as much as we can and make a decision based on what is best for our family. I strongly beleive that, "One size does not fit all.

kolowesi

vaccination question

Last year and the year before I was seeing Dr. Lerner, and he insisted that I get a flu vaccination. My local doctor got me the individual dose, non-thimerosol kind last year. Dr. Lerner is a former med school professor and rather orthodox in most of his treatment; he is an infectious disease doc and a virologist.

I have an intuition that I got mycoplasma from a flu vaccine a few months before coming down with ME/CFIDS. One time I googled "mycoplasma and flu vaccine" and found a lot of studies about the contamination of vaccine cell lines by mycoplasma.

Dr. Garth Nicolson (immed.org) mentions contamination in his speech at the "Invest in ME" conference in London (last year?) He said the vaccines are not checked for mycoplasma and that 6% are contaminated.

So that is one issue.

I don't have any research to back it up, but because my father had an autoimmune disease that was caused by bacterial dna in his genome and triggered by an infection of some kind, I think it's reasonable that interaction between the attenuated virus in some vaccines and the human genome is a possibility. At least for some of us.

I have a big fear of the tetanus shot as well. Going to get a colloidal silver generator and hope that will work instead.

Thanks, everyone, for the info.

Kelly

R

rainbow11

Lisa... tetanus shots

Lisa,

I treated back in 2001 with Dr. Sherri Tenpenny, who was one of the early forerunners educating doctors, patients and the general public about vaccine toxicities and the dangers inherent in them.

The tetanus shot, in her opinion, was one to avoid, "very neurotoxic" were her words.

I live on a farm.... and have horses, goats, chickens, you name it... garden a lot... and I would never get another tetanus shot.

If I get a cut... this is what I do, and actually Dr. Tenpenny told me to do this.... these were smart words from her father.... "If you get a cut, let it bleed. Don't stop the bleeding as the bleeding is what cleanses the wound."

So that is what I do... if I get a cut, I just let it bleed, and then after a bit I cleanse the wound and apply a dressing if need be.

I've found colloidal silver to do the trick on any wound I've had... if it even starts to look like an infection is setting in. And, of course, good old hydrogen peroxide.

Sure hope you didn't get that tetanus shot...

rainbow

C

Cynthia

Oh great, I just got a tetanus shot last week, arm still hurts! And, I love colloidal silver! I've used it on us, our animals. I don't use the hydrogen peroxide so much any more, after finding it did more harm than good on my son with spina bifida. It aggitated his open sores rather badly. I wish I had known about colloidal silver back then. His skin is so sensitive on the lower part of his body, that a lot of medications irritate anything open. He isn't at home any longer, out on his own, so, he does go to the drs and use what they suggest. I haven't tried telling him about cojlloidal silver, he seems to be quite independant any more...loving it out on his own. That's a good thing at times, not so good other times..can you tell I still worry over him?
Glad to hear that your garden is doing so well...I have been eating tomatoes left and right! Love them...and crook neck squash...my sunflowers are trying to turn right now. The seeds are very large on a couple of plants. A lot of seeds in them! And, I have to bring it up, my cantalopes worked after all this year! Whoo hooooo. I have quite a few on my plants, I'm so excited. I've had problems for some reason in the last couple of years.
Anyway, here we go..not sure where this will turn up, but I think I'm getting the hang of most of it now.

R

rainbow11

Cynthia...

Cynthia, I was going to suggest you get some thuja occidentalis, good detox for vaccinations, but I see Nature's Sunshine has a product out called Vaccination Detox, which has thuja occidentalis in it, plus some others.

I use quite a bit of Nature's Sunshine products... good products, in my opinion. Now, it's a "homeopathic"..... lol.....

rainbow