• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Medical PTSD: how many have you had?

YippeeKi YOW !!

The sickest part of my body is my mouth and do I want to show it to anybody? Do I want to open it even? No.
And once again, we're running the same track.

Unfortunately, my aversion to Drs extends to dentists, particularly when I have to show them this ..... mess.

I was treated like crap when I still looked pretty good, I can't imagine what I'll be treated like now. But needs must, and eventually I'll have to cave.

You have my enduring respect, and my most muscular working of the prayer wheel that it all goes better than you could ever have hoped, and is over soon, not dragged out into 15 appts ... :thumbsup::thumbsup: :hug::hug::hug::hug: ....

Am going to go quietly collapse now, ran out of the fumes I was running on .... something about reliving allthese horrible experiences ....

..... and then I wandered off, lay down for a 'bit', and a little over an hour later, I realized I never hit 'Send', as it were ....

Rufous McKinney

..... and then I wandered off, lay down for a 'bit', and a little over an hour later, I realized I never hit 'Send', as it were ....

I'm in my post dental appointment stupor: reporting back here- that my new replacement dentist is an ANGEL and I am so pleased to have found this person whom I handed my entire dental PTSD over to, today around 3:30 pm.

Progress. He agreed after hearing all about this illness, that its taken a toll on my gums and teeth. However he urged me to not despair. So that was REALLY NICE.

vision blue

I also forgot the plebotomist that i think gave me permanant nerve damage. Besides blowing the vein and a 4 week bruise, after that any blood test in that arm leads to intolerable nerve pain and they pull out the needle when i scream. So down to one arm for blood tests after her malpractice (drew blood with my arm in a verical position. Got flustered when my shoulder pain kept me from putting my arm on the usual too high shelf and i wanted it in my lap or on a pillow like my other phlebotomist had done)

vision blue

I'. Why I didn't walk out...............I have no idea. I'm disappointed in myself that I didn't. RY. PHYCIAN DO NO HARM

Hope youre not still disappointed in self. Its much harder to do in the moment than it sounds when we re replaying it after. But i had same as you (and over snd over again cause of the agony of he did)!for my worst experience of guy who screwed up my ears badly. I had a bad feeling about the place the moment i walked in but didnt listen to the little voice. In fact i had only gone for info but doc refused to answer any of my questions (he was supposed to be very knowledgable) unless i let him do something to ny ears. I said no twice- and very very stupidly finally said what the hell lets do it. i was later filled in by a truly telented ENT (alas hes moved out of state so do t know what i will do if its an absolute necessity that someone attend to ears) that this guy had two ghost writers for his books and knows nothing. Hated him and the doc who recommended him for years. His harm was life changing (one of the ones i mention above)

Anyway i digress. That was the last time i ignored the little voice but it really is tough in these situations

There was a cool one where i walked out of a GYN office and did not permit exam. Got dressed and walked out. I was the talk of the office and it was quite exciting. The office staff seemed thrilled.

Its sort of twisted that most of my stories -good and bad - are medical ones.

Oh and on neuros, i usually get written in my notes that they doubt i used full strength on the muscle push back test. I ( and wont do any more the heel toe walks because of lasting pain to trndobs after). I don’t understand the not believing. I once went for a hearing test because I was having trouble hearing one of my ears and four times a person running the test came in and said you’re supposed to raise your hand if you if you hear something you’re still not raising your hand and it lookd like you cant hear! and I said well I’m here because Im having a hearing problem!

vision blue

@Blue Jay My theorybas to why theyre better on phone (ive found that too and because of it save any questions for a phone call) are that in an exam room they check their brain at the door in exchange gor fliw chartd and other brainwashed tools. On the phone, a different schema is in play and theres a real person there. One who converses and reasons like a normal educated smart person. Weekends and evening callbacks good too

vision blue

I'm in my post dental appointment stupor: reporting back here- that my new replacement dentist is an ANGEL and I am so pleased to have found this person whom I handed my entire dental PTSD over to, today around 3:30 pm.

Progress. He agreed after hearing all about this illness, that its taken a toll on my gums and teeth. However he urged me to not despair. So that was REALLY NICE.

Hey im green with envy! 🤢 Dental is my worst thing. As ive posted, im in hell because of dental work in context of mast cell issur. That what put me in permanant land of sicknof cfs and autoimmunity and then worsened with 2 doctor caught viruses (one recurrent) and thecear mangler, all within the same year, that changed the illness where it went to brain and other new lows.

But glad for you as well as envious. Congrats on doing it too! Nice to know ots possible to catch a break.

YippeeKi YOW !!

wont do any more the heel toe walks because of lasting pain to trndobs after)
trndobs = tendons?
I don’t understand the not believing.
If they believed, they'd actually be forced to consider real solutions, solutions that exist far beyond the limits of their imaginations and increasingly limited medical educations.

Knowing, at some semiconscious level, that they have these serious limitations, they resent any patient that presents with smething that challenges their very tight ability parameters.
four times a person running the test came in and said you’re supposed to raise your hand if you if you hear something you’re still not raising your hand and it lookd like you cant hear! and I said well I’m here because Im having a hearing problem!
Gob-smacking. And mind boggling. And incredibly, you know, stoooopid ....
that in an exam room they check their brain at the door in exchange gor fliw chartd and other brainwashed tools.
I think that something almost magical may be happening. When you're a living being in their exam room, you're not a person, you're a problem, and often a very real potential challenge to their ego.

When they're on the phone with you, you somehow transmogrify back into a human being, like any of the other voices they communicate with by telephone, like their kids, their spouses, their besties, etc, and they can deal with you on a more human level

EDIT ... for usual array of typos ...

Last edited:

Rufous McKinney

HEAVEN :angel::angel::angel:!!!

I'm so happy that, against all odds, it turned out so beautifully for you !!! It was time ....

The new dentist listened, remarkably! He grasped what a mess this is. My other dentist was excellent, but all business and not at all alternative. This person is really friendly and charming and wants to know more about magnesium.

But I'm reporting what happened: I have just spent the past week severely horrifically ill with severe gastroperesis and probably a viral reactivation in my stomach. So that came on at 5 am following the dental consultation (just discussing it) Six days later, I"ve managed to keep down one egg.

Bouts of this take about a month to somewhat recover wanting to eat hardly anything.

two bouts of this stomach thing became what changed my ME From mild, and I just put up with it, to this other thing, entirely.

I guess I can stop worry about putting on five pounds. That's gone.

Rufous McKinney

I was treated like crap when I still looked pretty good, I can't imagine what I'll be treated like now. But needs must, and eventually I'll have to cave.

my husband had every tooth pulled under extraordinary conditions and no general anesthesia. I literally thought he would die, as I drove us back from this "surgery". I witnessed this -nightmare. But he made it through and says its the best thing he ever did.

But here is my main message: the reality it people have horrific messes in their mouths. Its definitely one of our very weak points, evolution needed to do a better job in the teeth dept. I entirely think that what we need more than anything, its totally free dental care for every person starting at age one. And don't mess your teeth up.

so keep that in mind. Try to keep things in a bit of perspective. that can help.

I am struggling with this topic: to do alot of work to keep a few more teeth: when I think I'd be healthier without those teeth. due to the inflammation that keeps going on. Dentist wants to keep your teeth. So I can fix the hold these teeth longer, but they will still "hurt". Unless I solve ME.

Rufous McKinney

ike my other phlebotomist had done

Its some full time job, defending yourself from abusers. It seems in my rather small town, one person is the godsend Plebotamist. My doctors receptionist will OLNY let that one person do her blood draw. So you find these things out.

Most of the time there fore, I entirely trust this woman who is simply know to be very good.

I'm so sorry that happened- it sounds really uncomfortable. Wonder if something might help it heal, something transdermal? I'd go find my chinese herbalist for that, they might be able to calm it down.

Rufous McKinney

Dental is my worst thing. As ive posted, im in hell because of dental work in context of mast cell issur. That what put me in permanant land of sicknof cfs and autoimmunity and then worsened with 2 doctor caught viruses (one recurrent) and thecear mangler, all within the same year, that changed the illness where it went to brain and other new lows.

I need to read what you've been postingn....about these dental things...sounds like we have really similar issues.

I was thinking about doing a poll, to flesh out how much of this is actually going on?

But it seems like Mast Cell and Sjorgrens may be keys to try to target, if there is any way.

So can I do ANYTHING about these two problems? I was back on some Chinese herbs, which do help.

From being a chinese medicine person, and simply knowing that the mouth reflects the whole body, its the entrance to your body, isn't it? And so much is written in the mouth. Telling us about whats going on inside.

Rufous McKinney

im in hell because of dental work

DENTISTs...see Steve Martin

Teeth were always a problem because in earlier decades the old dentist drilled and ruined our teeth. Both my brother and I have folds on molars. Now they smooth those out. So we're poisoned by fillings and damaged teeth and your 14.

Orthodontics/ literally tortured me for fun and paychecks.

Then you have no money as your a struggling young adult. You only see a dentist because a tooth broke or some crisis. It cost: like a months rent to fix a tooth. You can pay the rent, you can pay for food, but you don't have tooth fixing money.

So then we finally get HMO insurance and that lead to my daughter, eight, experiencing an insufficiently medicated dental procedure, my husband did not defend my daughter. She was tortured.

We then partipated in endless wars to get them to provide the covered services.

So figure you put $100 a month every month in a jar. Don' give insurance companies money. They profit off your insurance. Just realize teeth cost every month. and go EVERY six month and ALWAYS get them checked and cleaned. ALWASY

So the good dentists are: single dentists in their own office, who don't do HMO. Dental mills and factories: really bad there- avoid avoid.

and we bought dentures in Mexico for 450$. Instead of $2500 under the insurance here.

Mexico has excellent dentists. Go on a two week vacation to Oaxaca and my daughter can set you up.

Rufous McKinney

viruses (one recurrent) and thecear mangler, all within the same year, that changed the illness where it went to brain and other new lows.

I had something oddly similar happen...in that after like 50 years of mild ME, but something viral also happened. and I had two bouts of close together viral stomach assaults and my ME got far far worse and my brain got really taken in the process.

Rufous McKinney

e i walked out of a GYN office and did not permit exam

Do tell? That sounds bad.

I had a bad feeling about the place the moment i walked in but didnt listen to the little voice.

I"m getting better at Standing Up For Myself a Bit More Firmly. I think less of that will happen in the future.

I crawled out of the ER after four hours, when my husband came back. Attached to a blood pressure cuff that never ceases, and hookedup on the other arm to an IV , which is constantly shutting off because I'm writhing in pain. The bed is set up, such that I can't lie down and therefore I can't rest. There is no button. There is nothing to throw up in, and the bathroom isn't available, mostly. Somebody is locked in there.

Im in convulsions. The ER room is in a meat locker. This nurse tossed heat ed blankets at me- what am I to do with those, Im in convulsions.

They took my cup of ice. that was really the worst part. That you must be here to beg for painkillers, and you can't have your cup of ice, and your so dehydrated: yes, I would push the button and execute the final solution, in this physical state.

So literally I crawled away, fleeing them as this nurse called out: "We Were just trying to help you."

the pills I came back with are just awful and can't be tolerated, so much for that.

vision blue

@Rufous McKinney Have plenty to say but sm tired!

For now, what can we do about the current the gastroperisis? I didnt know u were so sick right now
Ive read topical castor oil packs placed on lower belly can donwonders fir that. There are instructions on web i recall
But since u know chinese mecicone u prob know all that kind of stuff

I get viral occurrences in my gut too (different then yours)

Hang in there!

Rufous McKinney

Have plenty to say but sm tired!
Its OK, don't relive the BS.

terror at the gynecologist is an experience I've also shared!

what can we do about the current the gastroperisis? I didnt know u were so sick right now

thank you, I just spent seven continuous days of total starvation and complete dissolvement and did not want to continue on any further, at all, thank you. Good Bye.

Now Im still here. This is maddening. Something has to explain this. How can this just keep happening?

Why can' t I solve this?

That was the conclusion of my seven days surfing the edge of the abyss.

Is this really a totally unsolvable problem?

vision blue

Its OK, don't relive the BS.

terror at the gynecologist is an experience I've also shared!

thank you, I just spent seven continuous days of total starvation and complete dissolvement and did not want to continue on any further, at all, thank you. Good Bye.

Now Im still here. This is maddening. Something has to explain this. How can this just keep happening?

Why can' t I solve this?

That was the conclusion of my seven days surfing the edge of the abyss.

Is this really a totally unsolvable problem?

Can be hard to solve it for oneself

Can you eat now? Things moving again?

Is the gastroparesid a type of dysautonomia you get?

U mentioned virud in your gut? Where exactly?

Walk me thru history sometime - lije what do conventional mds opinev a out it? Ever try linzess? Obstruction? Psuso obstruction?

Etc

Glad youre stil on this side of hell