• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Medical PTSD: how many have you had?

Rufous McKinney

Can be hard to solve it for oneself

Can you eat now? Things moving again?

Yes, food is now staying in and going down gradually. Seven days. Bowels waking up. Some wind.

Here is what seems to keep happening

I abruptly get:

stomach flu?

food poisoning?

stomach shuts down, shuts off, and nothing is going down, the intestines are largely not directly involved.

But its not food poisoning. And its not stomach flu. so for about 10 years, I get bouts of this and two bouts destroyed me in April and July 2018. I could walk eight blocks, I could go to the store, I could pace successfully.

Not any more.

So it happened two days after Thanksgiving. I got very upset. Blamed my COVID booster, six weeks prior.

I decided this is very clearly a viral reactivation situation. Or entirely a neurological problem.

I get all the symptoms- fever, chills, die off cycles, so it looks like a virus.

I've decided I can't get any more COVID boosters until somebody figures this mess out.

Rufous McKinney

attempted to locate eyes

attempted to focus on ...them

I think they are normal, but they are' t a glowing white color...I'll have my husband look when he gets back.

vision blue

So i cann add another to my list. Yeaterday at blood test i finally went for ahe totally butchered me. And that was done with a butterfly needle. She pushed the needle forward under skin after naking contact. Not supposed to. I have excellent veins

Its itching like crazy.

Hope she didn't infect ne- she did not wear gloves and i had to say while she used alcohol wipe- - youre touching my skin with your hand!

Cant get the visual of her needle butchering out of my head- yup thats ptsd...i realky shoukd stay away- and i do mostly

Shes experienced nurse id guess late 60s Maybe she was not used to a butterfly needle or maybe I made her nervous
33839BA5-A66C-47A0-AB9B-75CFBFD688D9.jpeg

belize44

So i cann add another to my list. Yeaterday at blood test i finally went for ahe totally butchered me. And that was done with a butterfly needle. She pushed the needle forward under skin after naking contact. Not supposed to. I have excellent veins

Its itching like crazy.

Hope she didn't infect ne- she did not wear gloves and i had to say while she used alcohol wipe- - youre touching my skin with your hand!

Cant get the visual of her needle butchering out of my head- yup thats ptsd...i realky shoukd stay away- and i do mostly

Shes experienced nurse id guess late 60s Maybe she was not used to a butterfly needle or maybe I made her nervousView attachment 48152
Ugh, that looks familiar! Some people are just heavy handed.

Rufous McKinney

what a crappy BS job that jab was....good grief.

BTW: finally they don't show everybody getting COVID shots as often on the TV. I"m not too bad about needles...but I watched far too many repeated jabs. Improper shot methods. One video shows the shot hitting this persons' bone...over and over they play that one. CRINGE

I am now MUCH more needle phobic than I was before COVID.

Oh and I also just hate seeing noses sampled.

Growing up, I could not watch razor commercials. I developed an incredible fear of razor blades.

And my boyfriend in high school forced me to use a razor on my legs one afternoon. I got more PTSD after that, razor related. I still will almost rush out of a room its an ad for shaving and razor blades.

BrightCandle

They have taken blood from me about 100 times now and that is a pretty butchered one. I got cured of needles when I was trained to subcutaneously inject myself with a biotic. After a few days of injecting yourself you get over the phobia. The stuff used to sting like mad as well, was downright painful.

vision blue

I have zero needle phobia. But after this, who knows what will happen.

I had one other bad one- a nurse blew a vein because she had my arm at the wrong anfle. and ever since i cant get blood trst in that arm because causes nerve pain when a needle was inserted. Hope that doesnt happen here- ive got nerv pain now along the nerve going down arm. At least vein didnt blow

If i see the doc agsin, inwill show him the pic

She was nice- altho this is the nurse that wouldnt believe me that i get sick from blood draws and said just drinknwater (see my other thread). She also underfilled the wrong tube)

So how pissex shoukd i be at this?

And i think they are unsanitary there so my risk of covid (im un vaxed) from this just went up.

Ill take photos as this thing bruises

Having trouble typing with index finger on phone from that arm now!

vision blue

Pissed. 9 weeks after blood tsst still having problens from the blood test. Burning, internittent swelling, tenderness, veins hard, veins in new places
A doctor sais inflammation of veins - phlebitis- caused by the bloid test and that from sound of it sounds like also danaged the nerve which he said can happen. So he said needle damaged the vein abd it clotted and clised it self off either partially or fully and nerve damage can be because of bleeding nearby.
Something similar but not as long kasting pain happened in my other arm from a bad blood tddr 5 years ago and havent been able to use arm for blood tests sib e. Im out of arms.

Both were peoplw bad with a butterfly needke snd both having me fully extend arm after needle already in arm. The one 5 years ago blew out the vessel immediately so no longer blood

This time that didnt blow our but symptoms worse.

I asked if blood clot can break off and go somewhere blood clots shouldn’t be said not likely- more likely if was in leg

Why am i not reassured by that?

Rufous McKinney

A doctor sais inflammation of veins - phlebitis

I tried to look that up and it lead to vasculitis.

My veins are swollen up at the moment, now electrified, but your issue sounds different.

have you tried taking any anticlotting substances? Could you try the aspirin, nattokinase treatment?

I feel your pain, as similar yuck is circulating here.

vision blue

@Rufous McKinney Oh damn! I didnt want to look up phlebitis since couldn't yet handle what new horror i might find.

I wonder if i one can turn that on its head. I was already concerned with vasculitis, perhaps even for big arteries, perhaps trndency in that direction made me mire likely to get vein damage from a blood test?

I hope its that way rather than finding some random event by Nurse Ratchit who sucked in nearly all ways has now made me even worse!

But now you've gotten me wondering if its at all possible my current new symptoms were actually triggered /causes/set in motion by that. The bloid tests were end of June and this muscle problem and reflux started in july. Did not occur to me to connect

But of course i dont know. Damn

(Cant take aspirin and had to cutcway back on flax oil because of availability problem. Maybe can try garlic but with digestive trouble makes that harder).

vision blue

I dont
Looks like you reacted to the bandaid glue too. Just a thought but maybe that made the injection site worse. ??

Thanks for the thought. That part (dermatogrqphia, allergy to some glues tho usually that brand safe) wasnt any different than usual for me so dont think that was a factor at all.
Have a couple other more troubling symptoms but cant imagine theyre related (or related to each other). But who knows anymore!