• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Medical Alert Device in case one falls, your recommendations and experience please

Jennifer J

Hi. Concerned about falling or passing out especially during my more dizzy periods. No one would know if I did and most likely my hard floor and crowded little room I'd hurt my head bad.

Skip the very next paragraph if you like, it's very sad and it's scary.

I've been concerned and more concerned now cause found out today my youngish neighbor fell in her room, no one knew for days (they finally took notice cause she is out and about daily/social, I'm not). Anyways she was critical, taken to hospice and now sadly and shockingly she's gone.

Does anyone have one of those help me I've fallen and can't get up devices to wear? An older relative in another state has one. Their's is $29.99 a month cause they have one that alerts in case you can't. There's a $19.99 a month for if you only want where you alert by pressing the bottom for help.

Would like the one that alerts if I've fallen and I'm unconscious and can't. I thought the price was better than I expected yet either cost is still too much money for me, money that is needed elsewhere. (Hmmm... now wondering what are the chances I will pass out or something will happen that I'll fall and can't get up or get to the phone, cost/risk analysis.)

Thank you if you can share if you know of options in the U.S. and your experience with them. Also please feel free to share options in other countries tooo for those who are thinking of getting one. Thank you.

Jennifer J

Could you keep your phone on you at all times?
There may be an app that can call 911 by pressing a button?

Thanks Alvin. :) Good idea. Only problem is I don't have a cell phone except emergency one for my car which I don't ever have with me or charged (lots of good that does me).

Don't have the ability (and other reasons) to manage having a cell phone on me in my room. Good idea though for others if it works for them. :thumbsup:

Last edited: