• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MEAction: Seminar on COVID-19 patients going on to develop myalgic encephalomyelitis

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
https://mailchi.mp/meaction/invite-...iral-mecfs-to-educate-clinicians?e=cce41a0302
"...there are a considerable number of individuals who have a post-viral syndrome that really, in many respects can incapacitate them for weeks and weeks following so-called recovery, and clearing of the virus.... They have [symptoms] that are highly suggestive of myalgic encephalitis and chronic fatigue syndrome -- brain fog, fatigue, difficulty in concentrating -- so this is something we really need to seriously look at."
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health
Researchers expect that a significant number of COVID-19 patients will go on to develop myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME). To prepare for the flood of new patients, #MEAction is hosting a seminar for clinicians, to educate them about how to recognize and address post-viral ME.

Since ME/CFS is an underserved area of medicine, our expert clinicians have seen thousands of cases of ME/CFS, participated as the consulting clinician on dozens of research projects, and given talks at medical and research conferences. Many have helped develop diagnostic criteria for the disease or produced standardized tools to measure ME symptoms. The opportunity to learn from experts of this caliber is rare, and the opportunity to learn about ME/CFS in the wake of COVID-19 is wholly unique.

ljimbo423

@Sushi - Things like this really could be HUGE for us!

It seems to me, at the very least, ME/CFS should get some, maybe a huge amount, of long deserved recognition and validation.

This could finally bring our illness out of the realm of psychological and have it be seen as a real physical illness! I can only hope!!

Last edited:

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
@Sushi - Things like this really could be HUGE for us!

It seems to me, at the very least, ME/CFS should get some, maybe a huge amount, of long deserved recognition and validation.

This could, finally bring our illness out of the realm of psychological and it being seen a real physical illness! I can only hope!!
Yes, I am hopeful too as there is such a huge push for research on Covid-19 and we might be able to piggy-back. :)