• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME/CFS Research: Herpes Autoimmune Spectrum Disorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

godlovesatrier

I'm wondering if the extract I have has caffinee in it. I get a feeling that it has. I took glycine and egcg before bed last night. Prior to the dose I was falling asleep. Whereas 30 minutes after the dose I was pretty much wide awake. Stayed that way until about 3am. That or a hormone in my body is playing up and not going quiet before bed.

But I do worry that the extract I have has caffiene in it. But I haven't seen any products that give me the impression they don't have caffiene in them. Thannine makes me high and feel mentally very strange from an early age. One big reason why I don't drink tea.

godlovesatrier

Interesting about the reishi. Doesn't bode that well then maybe even for the lfe. Hopefully there not lying about the tri content.

And also very interesting about the gabapentine. I am sure Dr Goldstein found some drugs a total nightmare. Have you seen his diagram which shows agonists and antagonists for various drug groups? I'll DM it to you

godlovesatrier

TIME do some very interesting products, no idea if there any good but they seem legit. There ParActin is amazing but I can't take it anymore. I've got there Lions Mane though for this protocol.

Interested to know peoples thoughts on the reishi spore - @Hip ?

joshua.leisk

Joshua Leisk (Researcher)
What about going down the reishi spore route to increase triterpenes?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Reishi-Spore-500mg-Softgels-polysaccharides/dp/B071NDMZJ2?th=1
TIME do some very interesting products, no idea if there any good but they seem legit. There ParActin is amazing but I can't take it anymore. I've got there Lions Mane though for this protocol.

Interested to know peoples thoughts on the reishi spore - @Hip ?

I’m unsure on the spore products yet. I read a couple of papers suggesting they weren’t as effective and others that that suggested they were. They could be amazing, however they need some testing.

joshua.leisk

I'm wondering if the extract I have has caffinee in it. I get a feeling that it has. I took glycine and egcg before bed last night. Prior to the dose I was falling asleep. Whereas 30 minutes after the dose I was pretty much wide awake. Stayed that way until about 3am. That or a hormone in my body is playing up and not going quiet before bed.

But I do worry that the extract I have has caffiene in it. But I haven't seen any products that give me the impression they don't have caffiene in them. Thannine makes me high and feel mentally very strange from an early age. One big reason why I don't drink tea.
If this doesn’t settle down, I’d probably want to eyeball your full list of supplements etc. I obviously cannot provide medical advice, however I can see if anything is contraindicated with the protocol spec.

Time make very good mushroom products, in particular their high strength Lion's Mane is very potent. They arrive quickly in the UK. I have never had any problem with their products in several years of use.

I have tried most of their mushroom products - they do a very high beta glucan reishi as well. Their products are flat packed as well so they can fit through the letter box... I think if you sign up you get 10% discount on all orders - at least that's what seems to happen whenI buy things + free postage.

pamojja

But I haven't seen any products that give me the impression they don't have caffiene in them.

https://www.lifeextensioneurope.com/mega-green-tea-extract-decaffeinated-100-vegetarian-capsules is decaffinated. Though a capsule contains a whooping 326mg EGCG. Which means 1 capsule contents would have to be devided into about 12 parts.

Doesn't bode that well then maybe even for the lfe. Hopefully there not lying about the tri content.

With LEF usually one can be sure that what is labeled is also found in the product. Testing is expensive, therefore their higher prices. In this respect its a very honest company. And do rectify if problems are found in their products. Since they are responsive, you may ask them how they rectifyed their terpentenes content in their Reishi product:

https://www.lifeextension.com/quest-com

Reading_Steiner

My vitamin D was low when I did the blood tests around 2 months ago, i've absorbed a lot more sun since then but I don't know how much that has changed things, I also ate a smoked mackerel this week which is supposed to be high in vitamin d. I also don't know how much triterpenes I am taking with this Indigo alcohol tincture. I'm going to start taking vitamin D and continue the treatment but try not to keep overexerting as I have been, varying the brand or amount of stuff if I have doubts. I noticed before that this guys maths was wrong. So I may only be taking 10mg of EGCG when I need about 30 ? I weight around 110kg so some of these might also be less effective due to my size.
unreliable.jpg

This one looks like it might be better quality / more reliable but I avoided it because it has other ingredients added in https://www.amazon.co.uk/Powerful-G...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Last edited:

BrightCandle

Reading_Steiner

This is what I started using, I will let you know how it goes.

I am at the mild fever and tender liver stage and I definitely don't feel my best right now so I think it is working fairly effectively but it isn't exactly a cheap route either unfortunately.
wow thats great that you are seeing the expected response !

joshua.leisk

I have tried most of their mushroom products - they do a very high beta glucan reishi as well. Their products are flat packed as well so they can fit through the letter box... I think if you sign up you get 10% discount on all orders - at least that's what seems to happen whenI buy things + free postage.
Do they have a high triterpene reishi? This is the key aspect. There are two main types of reishi extracts (water, alcohol) - the alcohol method yield triterpenes, the water yields beta-glucans. There are dual-extract products too. In time we’ll have a list of “known-good” products to make this easier.

joshua.leisk

This is what I started using, I will let you know how it goes.

I am at the mild fever and tender liver stage and I definitely don't feel my best right now so I think it is working fairly effectively but it isn't exactly a cheap route either unfortunately.
I think there needs to be a nicer and more socially acceptable way to say “I’m happy you’re sick”. 🤔

Please accept my apologies for the next couple of weeks. 🙏🏻

joshua.leisk

My vitamin D was low when I did the blood tests around 2 months ago, i've absorbed a lot more sun since then but I don't know how much that has changed things, I also ate a smoked mackerel this week which is supposed to be high in vitamin d. I also don't know how much triterpenes I am taking with this Indigo alcohol tincture. I'm going to start taking vitamin D and continue the treatment but try not to keep overexerting as I have been, varying the brand or amount of stuff if I have doubts. I noticed before that this guys maths was wrong. So I may only be taking 10mg of EGCG when I need about 30 ? I weight around 110kg so some of these might also be less effective due to my size.
View attachment 42876

This one looks like it might be better quality / more reliable but I avoided it because it has other ingredients added in https://www.amazon.co.uk/Powerful-G...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
When I did some personal testing, 5000IU gets me to 120nmol/L ballpark, 10000IU got me to 240nmol/L. According to an infectious disease expert I’ve been enjoying getting to know, somewhere inside of that range has been useful for his CFS/ME patients.

In our protocol, above 70nmol/L may be considered more helpful than less.

The EGCG product you’ve found is full spectrum green tea. It appears to not deliver an optimal dosing profile. I’d consider NOW Foods EGCG (and split each capsule into roughly 8 doses), or the Life Extension Mix - 2 capsules, 4.5 hours apart provides the specified EGCG dose and many other useful components.

PS. The bottles are *huge*. 😂

705950BD-97C3-49FE-B63C-FE4FE24598BB.jpeg

Reading_Steiner

now food.jpg

The more I look into this the more it seems to make sense to cut one of the more powerful ones down. I might need to buy something to store the separated portions though or they might go bad in the air by the time I eat them ? that matcha one I was looking at also has a cherry thing added which has high vitamin C which seems not good for this purpose. I was thinking of just doubling the amount of the one i'm taking for now,
because I have another bottle coming, but to do it intentionally from the start it would be silly expensive.

jump44

I’ve had some interesting results so far. Much clearer brain and some chronic pains in body have vanished. Have had on off headaches that just went away. I think I had some liver pressure yesterday but this is a symptom that’s come and gone on me for years so idk. Sleep has been way better.. however- I haven’t had the what seems to be full blown desired immune response-(yet) , and the reishi seems to be causing some anxiety what I perceive to be “high estrogen” symptoms- I’m very familiar with this feeling as I was on prescribes testosterone for a time years back. It’s like a free floating anxiety and almost hot flashes. (I guess this could be some type of immune activation as well?)

I’m taking the host defense alcohol reishi extract. Now wondering if this is even effective based on the previous posts.. it’s frustrating being on a low budget and possibly throwing money away on ineffective products.. though the reishi is definitely doing “something “...

Also the nac/ala combo is very nice and I actually am enjoying the diet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.