• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME/CFS patient makes major improvement and goes back to work from C60 supplement

Kenny Banya

index.php

index.php

index.php

Attachments

• 4F368059-C580-4C1B-8867-4574D4EF0408.jpeg
    4F368059-C580-4C1B-8867-4574D4EF0408.jpeg
    445.3 KB · Views: 21

Hip

@Hip Did that person say how long it took for him to see improvements and at what dosage ?

Yes, he started at 1 ml per day of the C60-OO made by carbon60oliveoil.com, which contains 0.8 mg/ml of C60. Then two weeks later he increased the dosage to 2ml day. I believe later he switched to the Good and Cheap C60-OO which is less expensive. Says the dose range people use is from 1 to 15 ml a day.

But it may be an idea for ME/CFS patients who are sensitive to supplements and drugs to start at lower test dose initially, eg 0.1 ml daily, and cautiously increase.

The account I read of his major improvements in ME/CFS symptoms was written 5 weeks after he started taking C60-OO, so clearly these improvements manifest within weeks. 9 months later when I enquired on how he was doing, I heard he had gone back to work.

In his account he recommends joining the Facebook groups (listed in the first post), where he says people report a wide range of results: some experiencing no benefit at all, others getting spectacular results.

Hip

That is quite the story. Imagine taking a supplement and watching your mice die of it!

Yes, some people on LongeCity who were experimenting with C60-OO and had taken it daily for many years have stopped for the moment, due to concerns about the creation of toxins that may promote cancer growth when C60-OO is exposed to light. Until this issue is better understood, it will remain a question mark. Though there are no reports on LongeCity of any of these long-term C60-OO users developing cancer.

My understanding is that the study which LongeCity member AgeVivo performed at home on his 3 rats used old C60-OO that had been lying around for years, rather than freshly-made C60-OO. It's this old C60 oil, or C60 oil exposed to light, which is suspected to cause these toxicity issues.

So if considering C60-OO, you would be advised to select a good supplier that makes fresh C60-OO, and protects the product from light during manufacture and storage. And you'd want to protect your own bottle from light.

Note that there have also been studies showing C60 inhibits tumor growth.

raghav

Thanks @Hip. I was sifting through the side effects thread of longevity for c60. Their argument is if c60 is well dispersed in olive oil then it does not cause the problem of binding to nucleotides. The researchers had used pure c60 and it is very different. I will go through the remaining posts in that thread and see whether the confusion clears.

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
That is quite the story. Imagine taking a supplement and watching your mice die of it!

Here's a discussion of something similar, that high dose vitamin A in the form of beta-carotene increases cancer in smokers.

I would think this C60 would have exactly the same problem and increase cancer because the body uses free radicals to kill cancer cells. Especially if it is oil soluble (vs. water soluble) and bioaccumulates in fat tissue. If you megadose any strong antioxidant you disable the ability of the body to fight cancer. I would expect the older C60 to have less cancer than the fresher one which has more anti-oxidant power.

I've personally noticed a paradoxical effect where if I take anti-oxidants (like PQQ) I can feel better for that day but the effect isn't sustained and causes an energy crash the next day. Perhaps the problem relates to broken mitochrondria spilling free radicals-anti-oxidants would buffer the effect but the mitos are still broken and can't generate energy so it can't be sustained.

That's why I don't think this one will work. I won't be trying it.

Last edited:

raghav

Well I have sort of read through the side effects thread for c60 on longecity. The major reason for side effects that I see seem to be due to each person making his own concoction with whatever equipment they could get hold of. That does not mean there are no side effects due to c60oo. So i dont know what to say beyond that. I am getting it on tuesday. I will try it and post my experience. Fingers crossed. :thumbsup:

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6

raghav

Got my goodandcheap c60 a day earlier itself. Had my first dose of 1ml one hour ago. Can it be taken after food or should it be taken on an empty stomach ? I have applied for enrollment to the facebook groups. It is in pending status.

Hip

Can it be taken after food or should it be taken on an empty stomach ?

I found this:
What is the best time to take my daily dose of Carbon C60 Olive Oil?

The best time to take it is on an empty stomach (followed within 5 to 10 minutes by an apple), however, this is not always practical as some people have other medication they need to take first thing in the morning, so a good rule to follow is: 1 hour before meals or 2 hours afterwards.

Why do you recommend taking C60 with an apple?

When you eat an apple and as it starts to be digested in the stomach, it starts to release Hydrogen. The C60 molecules trap the Hydrogen atoms (6 Hydrogen atoms per C60 particle) and transport them around the body. Hydrogen is highly beneficial and conducive to optimal health.

raghav

Thanks @Hip After the first dose yesterday of 1ml I slept a lot. It was not drowsiness,but if I lied down I just fell asleep. Mild gerd persisted. After today's second dose it was not present. Will keep posting regularly.

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
I found an interesting Russian study on C60on rats that shows it increased the activity of liver detoxification enzyme CYP2B1 by 35%. Vopr Pitan. 2012;81(5):20-7.

Per my pharmacist this would make any drugs metabolized by this enzyme less effective (ie. the anesthetic propophol and barbituate phenobarbital ).

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/bmri/2015/658928/

Last edited:

tiredowl

Thank you, although I feel a bit uneasy about buying cheap C60. I read it needs to be made with no light exposure (or it could be dangerous? I wonder how difficult it would be to make own.
Although I certainly wouldn't be able make it or read instructions on how to do such a complicated thing now (struggling to read and comprehend things these days) but maybe at some point.

Last edited:
My 30ml bottle of GoodandCheap c60oo and it arrived today. I took about 1ml. It tasted like olive oil and I didn't find anything odd about it.

I took it in darkness and with a disposable syringe to minimise exposure to light and contamination. Since it lasts long in the body, my plan is to consume it quickly if the first dose don't make me ill.

Will make further updates in the next few days.