• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Magnesium deficiënt but can't tolerate Magnesium.

Coming from the anecdotal and experiential is where I personally find the most success. To that end, here is my story.

Any kind of magnesium, except for Magnesium Threonate, makes me super sleepy. If I take a 100% RDA (Recommended Daily Allowance) I am sleepy within a few hours, for several days afterward.

The effects of magnesium are cumulative over time as well, meaning that even if I reduce to a daily dose of 20% RDA, by the second or third day I am again extremely sleepy.

It will move my daily sleep from 10-12 hrs up to 12-16 hrs. It occurs as long as I am taking it (I tried for nearly a week one time, thinking I might get accustomed to it, but that never happened).

But this is not the end of the story.

Threonate does not make me sleepy at any point, but if I take even one dose of threonate, then don't take any the following day, my eye will start twitching the next day, and my feet cramp for 1-2 days.

My summary: Magnesium has 'withdrawal' like symptoms, where eye twitching occurs after removing it. This will go on for several days after stopping until things balance out.

Moral of my story is I don't take it.

But if I had to take magnesium, eg I was low, I have discovered that full RDA dosage of Calcium offsets the magnesium quite a bit.

Suggest you try combining with slow release calcium if you have to take that.
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with magnesium. It has the same effect on me that it really knockes me out too, I thought that it meant I just needed to take more. I also always had the withdrawel symptoms and the more I took the wors they got, that's how I got into this downward spiral to begin with.., I just dont experience cramping that much this time I stopped weirdly enough and have other low Mag symptoms getting worse but did all the other times. This gives me a bit of hope tbh, maybe my magnesium isn't dropping any lower after I stopped but maybe they are withdrawel symptoms..

I know this is a strange question but do you maybe have a explanation for why this could happen? You think the body gets used to the magnesium somehow? Because one would think that when stopping magnesium and they start to have low magnesium symptoms it's because of being low in magnesium and I never have thought it could just be some kind of withdrawel symptoms.

YippeeKi YOW !!

I know this is a strange question but do you maybe have a explanation for why this could happen?
It could be poor kidney function, or an interaction between magnesium and prescription medications. It really is baffling, and I wish I had answers ....
You think the body gets used to the magnesium somehow?
That's not possible. It would be like your body getting used to water. Magnesium is a critical component of nearly every enzyme action and metabolic function of your system, from hormones to brain to CNS ....
I never have thought it could just be some kind of withdrawel symptoms.
Again, that's not possible. Magnesium isn't a drug that creates exogenous changes in your brain or CNS like benzosiazepines or sleeping pills, it's an essential nutrient without which you'd pretty much cease to be.

Here are some of the symptoms of low magnesium ....

• Loss of appetite. This is generally the first sign of hypomagnesemia. ...
  • Nausea or vomiting. Another of the nonspecific magnesium deficiency symptoms is nausea or vomiting. ...
  • Fatigue. ...
  • Weakness....associated with a drop in potassium levels in muscle cells, also called hypokalemia.
  • Muscle spasms and cramps.... also caused by low magnesium's effect on lowering calcium levels
  • High blood pressure. ...
  • Irregular heartbeat, chest pain, lightheadedness, shortness of breath, or even fainting. Again, a magnesium deficiency can cause or precipitate multiple secondary deficiencies, in this case, potassium ...
  • Seizures.... a lack of magnesium may react with the the CNS because of the way that it affects cellular calcium ...
  • Personality changes, like apathy, depression, and if mag levels are low enough, even delirium and coma ...
  • Osteoporosis ... low or lacking magnesium levels directly acts on your bones, but also affects their strength and density due to its dramatic lowering of calcium.
So your reactions to magnesium aren't a single problem, but an interconnected series of reactions to low magnesium, or to interactions between magnesium and prescription meds, or Lord knows how any other variables in your system ....

YippeeKi YOW !!

@Chasinghope

Haven't seen you around, hoping you're OK.

I came across this paper posted today by @Consul, and I think it has some valuable input as to why you suffer from symptoms of low mag but can't tolerate taking any oral supplementation, and it's similar to some of my hypotheses ... here's a direct quote from it followed by a link for you to check out when you can ....

"Ironically any increase in magnesium intake could precipitate symptoms of
magnesium deficiency due to increased PTH induced suppression of both Vitamin D
synthesis and magnesium absorption/resorption."

Long Covid, Short Magnesium … MAY ‘22
https://www.scirp.org/journal/paperinformation.aspx?paperid=117413

Pearshaped

Hi,

I have a problem that I can't seem to figure out. I have magnesium deficiency (took a RBC test a month ago) and I'm trying to get my levels up but any type or dose of Magnesium that I take is making me feel worse.

(Long story, so TLDR at the end)
It started with me depleting my minerals with doing too much coffee enemas (long story) and the first symptoms where low potassium ( dizzyness, extreme thirst, blurred vision, dry eyes and mouth etc) and some "htma (hair trace mineral analyses) folks" on Facebook and the practitioner that I had, told me to stop taking Magnesium as they claimed Magnesium was lowering my potassium (which is far from true) so I stopped. I started to have eye twitches a couple of days after I stopped my Magnesium ( I took 500mg of Algea based Magnesium for 5 years and never had a problem with it.) I didn't know that was a sighn of low Magnesium but after 2 weeks I did some more research and it said the twitching could be Magnesium deficiency and that Magnesium is NEEDED for the uptake of Potassium so I started a Magnesium chloride spray because one of the low Potassium symptoms with me is IBS problems. I took 20 sprays 2 times a day or so, (10 to 20 sprays is 350 mg) and after half a week my twitching stopped.

It was around that time that I also kept feeling worse and worse again, I felt extremely exhausted and my sleep was getting worse, I kept taking the spray and after a while also the algea supplements again. I stopped the spray again because I felt too exhausted to spray 2 times a day and kept taking the algea based Magnesium, thats when the low Magnesium symptoms came back but this time my whole body was twitching and cramping up.

I found a podcast from Dr Carolyn Dean and started to take her ReMag ( a ionized Magnesium chloride and builded it up to 750mg. After 1 week on the dose I got the RBC test and it was too low, only after 10 days the twitching and cramping got a bit less but they are still there. I am on 750mg for about 6 weeks now, but I'm trying different doses and also different kinds of Magnesium in the last week.

3 days ago I took 300mg ReMag, slept a bit better but felt like I had a hangover, 2 days ago I took 150mg sleep was the same but coudn't sleep during the day which I really need and felt more nervous energy, thats also what I feel when I stop Magnesium.. yesterday took 400mg ReMag during the day and 100mg glycinate before bed and didn't fall asleep until 3 hours later, had a couple of hours very light sleep and today feel extremely poorly.

There are some improvements though:
I feel my Potassium, even though I feel its still too low, is not getting lower. I also feel like the dizzyness and blurred vision is improved and a few weeks ago my appitite was improving again ( it's getting worse again sinds lowering the dose last few days) Also my pms was less. So there are some improvements.

On the other hand, I feel my sleep is getting really bad, and the more Magnesium I take, the worse my sleep gets. I feel my adrenals are crashing again as well, the exhaustion is out of this world, my ears are ringing more loudly than ever and I'm getting really depressed. A few weeks ago I also startes to feel more muscle weakness and pain, but this is stable now as well (not getting worse.)

I also tried Magnesium glycinate, but it all has the same effect on me. It just makes me crash and the longer I take it the more I crash. But the lower I go the more Magnesium deficiency symptoms I get.

I think it's because building up Magnesium costs a lot of energy and when someone has adrenal fatigue or cfs etc. It can make the condition worse.

This is what Dr Dean says that I think is going on:
"You can also feel worse on magnesium if you take too much, too soon. This usually happens if you have (adrenal) fatigue and weakness from magnesium deficiency. Anyone in this category should start very slowly on any new supplement or drug. If you take a high dose of magnesium right from the start it’s like using muscles that powered a bicycle and expect them to power a jet. Your body might just be so weak that revving up 800 enzyme systems all at once makes you feel jangled and even anxious or depressed because you don’t know what’s going on. Please try to understand that this may actually mean that you really do need more magnesium. Start with one quarter of the recommended dose of magnesium and work up as your body adapts."

So I feel stuck right now, I'm scared going too low or too high.

TLDR:
Can't seem to handle Magnesium, it makes me feel extremely exhausted and my insomnia gets worse when I take more Magnesium but with less Magnesium I get the symptoms back. I even get low Magnesium symptoms back when I take 500mg, but maybe that kind wasn't right for me.
I think it's because it seems that building Magnesium back up takes a lot of energy and people who are fatigued and don't have energy can get worse. So I feel really stuck right now, I am trying to fix my Magnesium with differend doses and kinds of Magnesium for 4 months now and I am feeling getting worse every day.

Sorry for the long post, its a bit all over the, place I know..
I am just REALLY confused at what to do with all these conflicting symptoms going on and I'm starting to feel really desperate as well. If someone could give me some advice or insights on this that would be great!

in case you have low cortisol, magnesium is not always tolerated well bec it makes you loose salt which can have the very same symptoms of mag/ and / or Potassium deficiency.

Have you tried :
1)magnesium injections ?
2)epsom footh- baths ?
3)magnesium oil ?

@Chasinghope

Haven't seen you around, hoping you're OK.

I came across this paper posted today by @Consul, and I think it has some valuable input as to why you suffer from symptoms of low mag but can't tolerate taking any oral supplementation, and it's similar to some of my hypotheses ... here's a direct quote from it followed by a link for you to check out when you can ....

Long Covid, Short Magnesium … MAY ‘22
https://www.scirp.org/journal/paperinformation.aspx?paperid=117413
Hi! Thank you very much for the article! I have read it but due to brainfog and my bad english I feel like I just read something in Chinese 😟.

I'm not doing great, I still feel like it's getting worse and not better so if it's not to much to ask, can you maybe give me a summary?

The only thing I understood is that vitamin d and magnesium need each other so it's important to get them in balance right?

YippeeKi YOW !!

The only thing I understood is that vitamin d and magnesium need each other so it's important to get them in balance right?
No, that's not quite it. The paragraph I posted for you is a very, very short summary that leaves out a lot of important details. The whole research paper covers too much ground for me to manage a summary. Remember that I suffer from ME too, and every erg of energy I expend is energy that I no longer have available for other uses. Yesterday I was OK, today, not as much. Right now I'm trying to pull together the energy necessary to actually run a bath, get into it, wash, rinse, and dry before I keel over.

Here is the paragraph I posted for you again ...

The abbreviation PTH stands for parathyroid hormone, produced by the parathyroid gland. It helps the body store and use calcium. Increased amounts of PTH cause high levels of calcium in the blood, which as the above states would suppress both Vit D synthesis and magnesium absorption.

Common symptoms if high PTH would be chronic fatigue, body aches, difficulty sleeping and insomnia, bone and muscle pains, memory loss, depression, headaches, and poor concentration. All of them are consistent with both ME and Long Covid.

If you read the article slowly and google anything you dont understand, you'll come away with a workable grasp of its contents, and whether or not it applies to you. If you want to tag me with any questions, I'll try to answer them, if my energy levels and brain function that day allow...

Give it a go, and know that you can do it. It may take some time, but you can absolutely do it :):) :thumbsup: ....

If that's not possible, @Pearshaped has some input for you, above ....

Last edited:
No, that's not quite it. The paragraph I posted for you is a very, very short summary that leaves out a lot of important details. The whole research paper covers too much ground for me to manage a summary. Remember that I suffer from ME too, and every erg of energy I expend is energy that I no longer have available for other uses. Yesterday I was OK, today, not as much. Right now I'm trying to pull together the energy necessary to actually run a bath, get into it, wash, rinse, and dry before I keel over.

Here is the paragraph I posted for you again ...

The abbreviation PTH stands for parathyroid hormone, produced by the parathyroid gland. It helps the body store and use calcium. Increased amounts of PTH cause high levels of calcium in the blood, which as the above states would suppress both Vit D synthesis and magnesium absorption.

Common symptoms if high PTH would be chronic fatigue, body aches, difficulty sleeping and insomnia, bone and muscle pains, memory loss, depression, headaches, and poor concentration. All of them are consistent with both ME and Long Covid.

If you read the article slowly and google anything you dont understand, you'll come away with a workable grasp of its contents, and whether or not it applies to you. If you want to tag me with any questions, I'll try to answer them, if my energy levels and brain function that day allow...

Give it a go, and know that you can do it. It may take some time, but you can absolutely do it :):) :thumbsup: ....

If they don't, @Pearshaped has some input for you, above ....
Thank you very much Yippeeki, I understand you have M.E too, I didn't want to sound like I made the assumption you could give me a short explanation of what the article said. I'm sorry.

I just don't have it in me anymore, even if my life depended on it I just can't do it anymore.. I'm really on the edge of giving up and the only thing I'm looking for is the answer "so what to do about it? How to fix this?" But I guesse it isn't that simple either and I can't handle anything more than that so.. it's hopeless.

Thank you for your time and energy, I really appreciate, I hope you feel a little bit better soon.

perchance dreamer

I like magnesium products with very flexible dosing, so the drops work well for me. I take Premier Research Labs PH Minerals. The dosage that works best for me is 1/4 tsp. daily, and I divide amount between 2 glasses of water in the latter part of the day. It doesn't taste great, but 1/8th tsp. in a glass of water isn't too noticeable.

Serving Size 1/2 Teaspoon (2.5 mL)
Servings Per Container 23
  • Magnesium 180 mg
  • Chloride 620 mg
  • Sodium 20 mg
  • Potassium 20 mg
  • Sulfate 30 mg
  • Sulfur 30 mg
  • Lithium 550 mcg
  • Boron 190 mcg

YippeeKi YOW !!

THE HISTORY ....
I just don't have it in me anymore, even if my life depended on it I just can't do it anymore..
You're in a bad downward spiral. The emotional toll that the constant stress of this creepy little unwelcome poltergeist of an illness creates inevitably leads to periods of hopelessness and despair. Try to remember that this is temporary, that it will pass, but giving up could result in something really .... permanent.

I was trapped in a similar place. I was bedbound and non-verbal, mostly because the fatigue was too shattering and I was too brain dead to remember actual words, or to think of anything to say, and nothing seemed to matter much anyway, for almost 6 years. I depended on my husband for everything, including getting to the bathroom. It was humiliating and demoralizing and, added to the pain and loss of cognitive function, along with the sense that this was a steady, undefeatable downward spiral, I just wanted to get it over with and check the fluck out.

THE PLAN
I read the handbook on suicide, Final Exit, half a dozen times, which took almost a year. I used to read 4 to 6 books A WEEK, on multiple different subjects, no problem, full comprehension and close to full retention. Fortunately, not matter how many times I read Exit, retention was pretty much zero.

I tried to figure out ways to take that final off-ramp without leaving a mess behind, and again my own mental and physical incapacity defeated me utterly, something I'm deeply grateful for now, but not so much then.

DB, my hub, took his antique gun collection to storage, just in case. I think he also hid my sharper kitchen knives, but I rarely if ever made it down to the kitchen after the second year of this, so who knows, and he just gets really vague when I ask him ....

I truly wanted it all to just end. I couldn't take any more. I could barely hobble, my friends had mostly drifted away, and who can blame them. I was a paperweight and a drag, and they were used to the sharply observant, upbeat, dynamic, mostly witty me ... this new person was a stranger, impossible to reach either by phone or email or notes left on our door, and I'm sure, they were kinda freaked by it all.

THE REASON FOR ALL THIS BLATHER
I'm running on and on about myself not because I particularly want to mentally relive all that, or because I think anyone really wants to read it, but because I want you to know that when I cheer you along, it's not out of some deep pool of Pollyanna-ism, but because I've lived it, and I know that it can be survived. Others have as well, far more brilliantly and fully than my crawl-back to moderate functionality.

Absent any help from Drs, I had to do the research myself. which took for-flucking-EVER, because of all the issues I've already mentioned. DB tried to help, but his work schedule is killing, and he didnt understand what had happened to me well enough to even know where to start, and I didnt have the strength to try to explain in any coherent detail, particularly since I didn't know what had happened to me either, or what this thing was, or how to deal with it. I hadn't found Phoenix Rising yet, and I was totally at sea.

YOU CAN'T GIVE UP. YOU JUST CAN'T ....
I'm really on the edge of giving up
You can't. You've survived some things that have taken down a lot of outwardly strong, self-reliant people, you cant let this do you in.

I got out of enough of the really, really worst of it to finally stumble on PR, by simply focusing on my worst symptom, and trying to find a way to deal with that. In my case, even worse than the hammering bone deep fatigue, weakness, insomnia, deprssion, muscle spasticity, bizarre reactivity to everything from coffee and chocolate to foods to supplements that left me with a diet of mozzarella cheese, whey protein, and water, and the muscle, joint, and body pain, were the crippling anxiety/panic attacks that lasted forever. Like, 19 or 20 relentless hours, with about 1 to 2 hours. max, before the next one hit.

GETTING TO THE POINT. FINALLY ....
I remember that you mentioned having serious 'nervousness' and I wonder if that's possibly a somewhat milder form of the panic attacks I experienced. Magesium was the way out of that for me, and given what I'd been living on nutrition-wise, for all those years, I hvae no doubt that I was mag deficient, as well as Vit D, since sunshine and I had partd company long since, along with all other vits and minerals. It took about 3 weeks before I was sure that it was doing something., and a couple of months from there to being solidly better tho not quite out of those woods yet. But the panic attacks were milder and waaaaay less frequent. The fatigue was a little better as well, tho walking was still a sort of acrobatic challenge..

You've put your body, CNS, and hormone systems thru a lot, and it may just be that they need a little more time to settle down and find their groove, or you may need a supplement to intercede in the fray.

I'm not sure how much energy I'll have to help, I never know, but I'll do what I can. Dont rely on just me .... do a little googling on magnesium and what might cause it to act more or less paradoxically. When it comes right down to it, we're the only ones who can save ourselves, no matter how well meaning others are in their efforts to pitch in. So you're at the rock and the hard place, and only you can really know which way to go ... shift your focus from the problem to any sort of solution you can handle right now ...

You can do it. Honest. You can .... :):):) :thumbsup::thumbsup: :hug:

Last edited:

YippeeKi YOW !!

@Chasinghope

Check out @perchance dreamer 's post just above my last long whine. The controlability of the dosage of the powder, along with the mix of minerals, might be easier for your system to absorb and utilize. You can start with a very low and slow build, giving your body and the minerals a chance to say 'Howdy', and figure each other out .... much better than a capsule or a tablet ...

YippeeKi YOW !!

Thank you very much for the article! I have read it but due to brainfog and my bad english I feel like I just read something in Chinese 😟.
I know what you mean, and I honestly think that they do that on purpose. Research papers and studies are almost impenetrable, filled with abbreviations and what feels like intentional references t something that no one, or at least very few poeple reading the paper and possibly not even the researchers who wrote the article, can possibly be familiar with all of them.

Here's another insight from the paper, which may get closer to the issue you're dealing with.

HOW MAGNESIUM IS UTILIZED WHEN THERE ISN'T ENOUGH TO GO AROUND
When magnesium intake can't meet magnesium demand in the body, there's a chain of command, as it were, about how the available magnesium is utilized. Those functions required for short-term survival take precedence over others that can be put off. It appears that " .... skeletal needs for magnesium supersede those needed to produce active Vit D ...", and I would have to assume, bone requirements also supersede a great number of the other 600-800 functions and enzyme conversions that require magnesium, as well. This would leave you with some serious shortfalls, and a lot of crashing systems.

So getting as much magnesium into your body as you can manage would be critical, and your current negative reaction to supplementation may be because so many systems have been magnesium-starved that they aren't functioning well.

THE BALANCE OF CALCIUM TO MAGNESIUM
It's also possible that your intake of calcium is a lot higher than the currently accepted optimal balance of 2 parts calcium to 1 part magnesium. So for every 100 mgs of calcium that you ingest, it needs to be balanced by 50 mgs of magnesium.

POTASSIUM
Potassium would figure into this as well, with your system possibly needing more potassium than it's getting, which would affect its ability to use magnesium and calcium. When magnesium levels fall, potassium levels also fall, leading to whats called "secondary potassium depletion". So maybe one way into this would be to gradually and very carefully and slowly increase your potassium intake, then try to add in a gradual increase in magnesium intake a well. This is the opposite of the way it's usually done, with repletion of magnesium before restoring potassium, but nothing else seems to be working for you.

I've noticed that you haven't seemed to have read any of my posts to you. My energy is limited and undependable, and I'm just going to back off til I know that any of this is helping you, or that you're even able to slog thru it ....

I hope that you're doing OK @Chasinghope ...:):) :thumbsup:

Last edited:

linusbert

Sexism In Healthcare Is Real … Women Are Sharing Times They Were Misdiagnosed Because Their Doctors Didn't Take Them Seriously
i read lots of stories like this, after my own experience as dude i call this not true. there is a feminist misconception in the west which believes everytime something bad happens to a women it must be sexism and men dont have this problem. i hereby debunk this, docs treat us all equally shitty.

You're in a bad downward spiral. The emotional toll that the constant stress of this creepy little unwelcome poltergeist of an illness creates inevitably leads to periods of hopelessness and despair. Try to remember that this is temporary, that it will pass, but giving up could result in something really .... permanent.
i have a dream for like 10 years which is exactly this. a sinister creepy being which follows and hunts me in my house and i feel it wants to hurt me. most of the time invisible but sometimes it materialises into something creepy or a object. but somehow never does. sometimes in this dream i become so enraged that i begin to hunt the sinister being. i awake in those cases.
the other regular dream is, i want to go home and i never arrive because i am on a odysee and things never work out.
well maybe i am mental after all. the docs had it all right :pem:

TLDR:
Can't seem to handle Magnesium, it makes me feel extremely exhausted and my insomnia gets worse when I take more Magnesium but with less Magnesium I get the symptoms back. I even get low Magnesium symptoms back when I take 500mg, but maybe that kind wasn't right for me.
I think it's because it seems that building Magnesium back up takes a lot of energy and people who are fatigued and don't have energy can get worse. So I feel really stuck right now, I am trying to fix my Magnesium with differend doses and kinds of Magnesium for 4 months now and I am feeling getting worse every day.

i tolerated mg and C for years, one of the few things. now i dont anymore. feels like hypocalcemia. also burning muscle weakness and exhaustion.
i am also really D deficient (4mg/ml).
right now i take lot of D, a bit mg, a lot of b complex. lets see how it works out.

but what i read is that magnesium requires vitamin B6. i believe it increases cellular uptake of mg into the cells. similiar like thiamin / B1 does for potassium.
some mg supplements have added b6 for that reason.
you could have a B6 deficiency as well now (i do btw). maybe this is what you experience. everytime you take mg you aggravate B6. it also results in muscle spasms, cramps, twitching. i do get this when i take b6 isolated.
also b6 is required for your neurotransmitters, which can result in your sleep problems and depression.

so maybe take b6/p5p?
but then again, b6 requires b2 ... and somehow also b1 ... and somewhat biotin and then b12 ... and folate ... and FCK everything is so related!
just take a good b complex i guess.

also we sick people walk on a thin line. our tolerance and spectrum is small for taking things - it swings pretty fast between hyper- and hypo. like you got mg deficiency, you take some mg... and now you have too much and all the symptoms of too much. its similiar like diabetes, the cells crave sugar but there is too much available. the cells cant handle the sugar and things go haywire. i believe this is a problem for lot of things.

Last edited:

YippeeKi YOW !!

after my own experience as dude i call this not true. there is a feminist misconception in the west which believes everytime something bad happens to a women it must be sexism and men dont have this problem. i hereby debunk this, docs treat us all equally shitty.
With all due respect for your dual experience, as a woman I can attest to this, as can thousands of others. At least, the ones who're still alive.

Denying the existence of this bias in spite of the hundreds upon hundreds of testimonies from women who nearly died (I was one f them) seems to me to be a serious, blinkered bias. Perhaps a carry-over, due to your dual experiences?

linusbert

With all due respect for your dual experience, as a woman I can attest to this, as can thousands of others. At least, the ones who're still alive.

Denying the existence of this bias in spite of the hundreds upon hundreds of testimonies from women who nearly died (I was one f them) seems to me to be a serious, blinkered bias. Perhaps a carry-over, due to your dual experiences?

i indeed do deny the existence of gender bias in medical system in germany. and i was talking solely for medical diagnosis and treatment. i did not generalize this to other areas of life (though i indeed believe its in more areas).
also testimony of MILLIONS of women doesnt qualify alone for any conclusion if we do not measure the testimony of men and others against those. Humans tend to value their own experience as worse(more strong) as are the experiences of others.

my (ex)gf was sick before me. they treated her like garbage. everything in her head they said. i was with her everytime.
years later i crashed. my first visit in the clinic. doctor told me i am mental and he was 5 meters away just coming into the door. i am not sure he knew what gender i was... he didnt care about humans at all.. i was just a ... thing... a pAtIenT.. no human.
so i equal my experience with those of my gf.

besides that her father died of colon cancer because the doctor didnt take him and his blood markers seriously.

a friends father died of the same cause. they even did colorectoscopy.

another female friend broke her leg (after a car drove over her foot)... they misdiagnosed her as mental for half a year.

another acquiantance male. ...

there is absolutely NO indication for all cases i know which suggest any gender bias.
but maybe its different from where you are from.

i suggest we move this discussion to a own dedicated threat? i created one here:
https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/gender-bias-for-medical-care-a-myth-or-reality.88850/

Last edited:

YippeeKi YOW !!

did I miss it or havent you tried magnesium citrate yet ? its sais absobtion is best with mag citrate.
Mag citrate is not a good source of magnesium for most people. It's primary use is as a laxative, and in fact almost all hospitals in the US use mag citrate as the final colon clean-out before surgery.

Mag citrate is a very small molecule, and speeds thru your body like crap thru a goose, going straight to your colon where it draws in large amounts of water. Hence its laxative effect. And also the reason that its absorption and bioavailability in terms of magnesium replacement is so low.

Mag oxide is the same and only about 4% of it is absorbed. It's also a laxative form of mag, so increasing intake of it for more mag will produce some really unpleasant side effects.
Also, I had to try several magnesium supplements until I found the right one for me.
I'm surprized that mag citrate was the winner ....

Like you, I had to try multiple forms of magnesium before I found the one that worked for me. It was mag glycinate, and I was able to take an enormous amount of it without any unpleasant bowel effects. The magnesium is bound to glycine, an amino acid, and a large molecule that stays in your stomach for absorption, which is why it doesn't produce diarrhea, and why it's a good choice for increasing your systemic magnesium.

YippeeKi YOW !!

how is the ratio in the dosage of vitamin D and vitamin K2 calculated? how do you balance calcium, phosphorus, magnesium if I don't know what the values are in the tissues and organs? @YippeeKi YOW !! Thanks 😊
A good general rule is 100 MK-7 to every 1000 iu Vit D. I fudge that a little because MK-7 has a long half-life, 2-4 days, so there's a cumulative effect when you take it every day.

I take 6-7,000 IU Vit D and 300 MK-7, separated by a few hours for incresed MK-7 absorption. There's a lot of contradictory opinion about whether or not MK-7 and Vit D compete for absorption, and since I cant get a straight answer, I just separate them by about 2 hours or more.

Hope this helps !!!!

Pearshaped

Mag citrate is not a good source of magnesium for most people. It's primary use is as a laxative, and in fact almost all hospitals in the US use mag citrate as the final colon clean-out before surgery.

Mag citrate is a very small molecule, and speeds thru your body like crap thru a goose, going straight to your colon where it draws in large amounts of water. Hence its laxative effect. And also the reason that its absorption and bioavailability in terms of magnesium replacement is so low.

Mag oxide is the same and only about 4% of it is absorbed. It's also a laxative form of mag, so increasing intake of it for more mag will produce some really unpleasant side effects.

I'm surprized that mag citrate was the winner ....

Like you, I had to try multiple forms of magnesium before I found the one that worked for me. It was mag glycinate, and I was able to take an enormous amount of it without any unpleasant bowel effects. The magnesium is bound to glycine, an amino acid, and a large molecule that stays in your stomach for absorption, which is why it doesn't produce diarrhea, and why it's a good choice for increasing your systemic magnesium.
funny to see this now, had to change the form recently to Malate, bec of histamine issues.