• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Low temperature/flu after eating

judyinthesky

Hello everyone,

I've always had eating as trigger of my worst, instant PEM.

Meanwhile I am so severe that I am getting the flu every time after eating.
I've discovered that my temperature lowers when I do things like eating or being on my phone.
In return my skin and body and brain are extremely overheating.

Has anyone had similar issues?
I'm obviously keeping warm and drinking hot things.
My temperature is 35-35.5 depending on whether I've eaten.

Irat

Hello everyone,

I've always had eating as trigger of my worst, instant PEM.

Meanwhile I am so severe that I am getting the flu every time after eating.
I've discovered that my temperature lowers when I do things like eating or being on my phone.
In return my skin and body and brain are extremely overheating.

Has anyone had similar issues?
I'm obviously keeping warm and drinking hot things.
My temperature is 35-35.5 depending on whether I've eaten.
Yes my temperature can go down to 34 degree ,shaking,flu like symptoms,but burning skin etc after triggers,,,,normal here for years unfortunately.

Last edited:

Wishful

I'm guessing that it's not actually PEM, but rather a response maybe from your autonomic system, which sends some neurons the wrong signals, messing up hormone production and other control signals. I suppose a type I allergic response is possible, since that can be more or less immediate. I'm not sure whether antihistamines would be a valid test for that.

judyinthesky

I'm guessing that it's not actually PEM, but rather a response maybe from your autonomic system, which sends some neurons the wrong signals, messing up hormone production and other control signals. I suppose a type I allergic response is possible, since that can be more or less immediate. I'm not sure whether antihistamines would be a valid test for that.

I've done all antihistamines and mast cell stabilisers available to me to no avail. Unfortunately it's not allergy.

judyinthesky

But I agree that it is a form of dysautonomia.

godlovesatrier

I had roast chicken, mash and sprouts last night and entered a dearth hellhole for about 4 hours. Could barely function, honest to god my stomach HURT. It wasn't like abdominal pain, it was like my bloodstream and brain were bombarded with something, so flu like but bad flu like.

I can only assume that there was some bugs in the mash I ate, or my stomach didn't enjoy the sprouts that were falling apart from the bottom of the roasting dish. One or the other! But I'm weak today (like stomach bug weak) and I feel rough as anything.

Just taking some colomint (that's the brand) peppermint oil capsules, they help calm the abdominal distress. As does buscopan if you're having run to the toilet issues. Colomint is more for abdominal distress in the stomach/large intestine.

I also tend to take blackjack tincture when I am like this, a natural antibiotic, it seems to help a little.

Lastly I'll prob take 2g of andrographis paniculata leaf herb, from Pukka. Whole leaf herb which seems to calm the body right down, is anti inflamatory, crosses the blood brain barrier and due to it's very bitter constituents has an effect on both the stomach and I expect large intestine.

Brain fog isn't great today either. Since I had a virus in the week directly before the 24th Dec I just haven't felt quite myself. Although I had 2 days where I felt normal since he 24th, so this might actually be a new cold that I've got.

Lastly I find that the oat bran (beta glucans) in joshua's protocol seem to have a huge effect on bacteria, this is what I've noticed based on my own blood work. But people feel a hell of a lot sicker when they first take andrographis or oat bran and that goes on for several weeks before subsiding, so it's not for the feint hearted.

Colomint is great though.

Hope you find some relief. Also what Irat said is accurate, could be mast cell issues too. In which case 2 solgar quercetin capsules usually help me a lot if I am having issues with that.

judyinthesky

From MCS Triggers which include food I m reacting to,but not to food I tolerate.so not generally after eating.so it could be a mast cell reactiion or just dystautonomia,,,,

I've exhausted all mast cell stabilisers and antihistamines and diet options. Very severe and can only eat on a benzo. So yes might both play a role.

judyinthesky

I had roast chicken, mash and sprouts last night and entered a dearth hellhole for about 4 hours. Could barely function, honest to god my stomach HURT. It wasn't like abdominal pain, it was like my bloodstream and brain were bombarded with something, so flu like but bad flu like.

I can only assume that there was some bugs in the mash I ate, or my stomach didn't enjoy the sprouts that were falling apart from the bottom of the roasting dish. One or the other! But I'm weak today (like stomach bug weak) and I feel rough as anything.

Just taking some colomint (that's the brand) peppermint oil capsules, they help calm the abdominal distress. As does buscopan if you're having run to the toilet issues. Colomint is more for abdominal distress in the stomach/large intestine.

I also tend to take blackjack tincture when I am like this, a natural antibiotic, it seems to help a little.

Lastly I'll prob take 2g of andrographis paniculata leaf herb, from Pukka. Whole leaf herb which seems to calm the body right down, is anti inflamatory, crosses the blood brain barrier and due to it's very bitter constituents has an effect on both the stomach and I expect large intestine.

Brain fog isn't great today either. Since I had a virus in the week directly before the 24th Dec I just haven't felt quite myself. Although I had 2 days where I felt normal since he 24th, so this might actually be a new cold that I've got.

Lastly I find that the oat bran (beta glucans) in joshua's protocol seem to have a huge effect on bacteria, this is what I've noticed based on my own blood work. But people feel a hell of a lot sicker when they first take andrographis or oat bran and that goes on for several weeks before subsiding, so it's not for the feint hearted.

Colomint is great though.

Hope you find some relief. Also what Irat said is accurate, could be mast cell issues too. In which case 2 solgar quercetin capsules usually help me a lot if I am having issues with that.

I try the peppermint capsules. Don't know Colomint.

Irat

I've exhausted all mast cell stabilisers and antihistamines and diet options. Very severe and can only eat on a benzo. So yes might both play a role.
I know it's horrible.....i can t even take any meds or supps....try not to over think those symptoms....all it is it's your immune system overreacting and trying to protect you.try not to over think it and feed the fear

judyinthesky

I know it's horrible.....i can t even take any meds or supps....try not to over think those symptoms....all it is it's your immune system overreacting and trying to protect you.try not to over think it and feed the fear

Not a very anxious person by nature, but I try to be prepared and went downhill the last months ever months. So at some point it is as you say self protection to ask questions, particularly as I can't go into the hospital
I know body is working hard in this failed programming. Should also mention that I have a spinal leak which I can't treat