• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Looking for Vancouver ME/CFS patient for protest

Kati

Patient in training
Vancouver and area people, it's time to get heard!

The incoming infectious disease society meeting is coming in Vancouver, making it perfect for ME/CFS patients to ask for health care.
http://www.idsociety.org/IDSA2010.htm

I am suggesting peaceful, quiet demonstration a la Rivka-
asking for health care, and also sensitizing these infectious disease doctors that ME/CFS is an infectious disease. They need to know that XMRV is out there and that there are millions of us out there who need care.

Are you game?

CBS

It looks like Joe DeRisi is scheduled to give a presentation on Saturday morning, Oct. 23 @ 10:30. This presentation appears to be part of a larger symposium on "New Viruses and Old Diseases"

http://idsa.confex.com/idsa/2010/webprogram/Session1559.html

Symposium:
bullet_bulls_eye.gif
110. New Viruses and Old Diseases

Saturday, October 23, 2010: 10:30 AM-12:00 PM

211-214

Learning Objectives: At the conclusion of this session, participants will be able to:

• discuss viral ecology and how new viruses are discovered and their diversity
  • describe the novel retrovirus XMRV and the evidence that it causes prostate cancer or chronic fatigue
Target Audience: Academicians, Clinicians, Pharmacists

Topical Category: V. Virology including clinical and basic studies of viral infections, including hepatitis

Tracks: Adult ID

CME Credits: CME Maximum of 1.5 hours of Category 1 credit possible

ACPE Credits: ACPE Maximum of 1.5 hours of Pharmacy CE credit possible

ACPE Number: 0245-9999-10-096-L01-P (Knowledge)

Moderator: James E. Crowe Jr., MD, FIDSA, Vanderbilt University
Disclosures: J. E. Crowe, Yes
Enumeral Technologies: Scientific Advisor, Consulting fee
Gilead Sciences: Consultant, Consulting fee
Novartis: Consultant, Consulting fee
Immunobiosciences: Collaborator and Consultant, Consulting fee
Corbeau Biotech: Founder, Owner of company and Salary

bullet_right_arrow_circlew.gif
Presentations:

10:30 AM 852 Viral Ecology....Discovery of New Viruses and their Environmental Niches
Joe DeRisi, MD, PhD

BC CDC in the loop

I have it on good authority from one of Dr. Jan Venter's XMRV Postive patients, that the BC Centers for Disease Control is in the active planning phase to investigate XMRV / mLV and other infectious agents like Lyme , Parvo using BC developed Biochip technology that can detect and quantify infectious agents. The study is in conjunction with Dr. Bruce Carruthers, Dr. Venter and other leading practitioners and virologists in the field. They have also approached a famous Canadian researcher that has co-discovered Hepatitis C.

The study will also incorporate a treatment arm to research different treatment modalities for the various infectious agents that have been found, for example they are interested in some the different anti-viral protocols that Dr. Venter has been utilizing like Imunovir , Valtrex and Artemesin.

Dr. Venter has also been working closely with Dr. Paul Cheney to utilize his anti-viral and cell growth factor program that he has been using for his ME/CFS and XMRV positive patients for the past 8 years.

Vancouver and area people, it's time to get heard!

The incoming infectious disease society meeting is coming in Vancouver, making it perfect for ME/CFS patients to ask for health care.
http://www.idsociety.org/IDSA2010.htm

I am suggesting peaceful, quiet demonstration a la Rivka-
asking for health care, and also sensitizing these infectious disease doctors that ME/CFS is an infectious disease. They need to know that XMRV is out there and that there are millions of us out there who need care.

Are you game?

Kati

Patient in training
Dr Venter has been selling vitamins and mandatory course about how to live with ME/CFS, Idon't need no fricken course. I don't need either to be sold some expensive test with their expensive machines they have procured themselves. Health care in Canada should be FREE.

This is very upsetting for me- because they are not playing by the rules that health care in Canada is FREE. And that vitamins will not prevent a retrovirus from causing havroc in the body.

Cancer patients got everything for free.

I want to be treated by an infectious disease doctor that knows about anti retrovirals.

Does anyone has a contact name in the BC CDC for me to contact? Thank you kindly. I would also want to know who the leading practiotioners are and who the leading virologists are.

thanks,