• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Looking for info on CCI/AAI diagnosis in Australia

purrsian

Hey guys, just wondering if CCI/AAI are being adequately diagnosis and/or treated in Australia yet? I'm in Brisbane and it's something I'd like to bring up with my doctor because I do get neck pain, particularly in the occipital region, and have other head/neck-related symptoms. But I wanted to make sure there would be someone around who would actually be able to adequately diagnose it before I bothered asking my doc about it. Thanks for any info!

Im in Melbourne and currently trying to figure out which tests and how to go about it.. I just spoke to western imaging in Sydney and they do the standing MRI but they require specific details from a doctor with how to do the tests.. Im working on it. Have you had any luck?

purrsian

Awesome @MS49, hope it works out well for you and would love to hear how it goes! I haven't investigated any further yet as I've been busy trying to get TGA approval for CBD oil (success!) and I'm in Brisbane which is a tad far away.

I've also had an increase in my sinus-type symptoms (pressure not pain, very internal and not facial, dizziness), so I'm currently investigating that side of my head symptoms first. Unsure if CCI could be an explanation, as I don't have typical sinusitis symptoms and it does involve pressure at the back of the neck. But there is pressure in the Eustachian tubes and roof of mouth at times, so waiting on a CT scan and seeing ENT guy.

Would be super nice if we had simple, typical presentations that were easy to diagnose!