• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Looking for an ME/CFS-friendly neurologist near Ontario, Canada

Hello everyone, I'm looking for some guidance on finding a neurologist knowledgeable in me/cfs in Ontario.

I've been speaking with my naturopath about an re-occurring issue I've been having with being able to walk when I greatly over-extend my step count and reach around 4,000 steps in a day. Usually, I develop a difficulty using my legs and when this happens it feels like my brain is unable to process and coordinate the movements and my legs feel like dead weights that I cannot will to work properly. Usually, I have to immediately lay on the ground for about 20 minutes and then with a lot of effort and help I can regain my feet or have to crawl to wherever I can go to lay down and rest. It seems to me that this might be a 'motor planning' issue with my brain.

My naturopath tended to agree the issue sounds neurological and wants me to ask my GP for a referral to a neurologist who will know what tests to run and how to interpret the results. She mentioned I should push to try to get a functional MRI done.

Does anyone have any information they could share about a neurologist that they've had success with?

Grateful,

Pyrrhus

By the way, to get a more helpful response, you might change the title of your thread to "Looking for an ME/CFS-friendly neurologist near Ontario, Canada".

The title of a thread is key. If it's vague, no one will read it. If it's specific, it's more likely to be read by someone who can help.

Hope this helps.