• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

LDN - combined with other CFS treatments

mitoMAN

LDN and combination with other CFS treatments?

I am curious to hear about possible combinations that are "safe" with Low Dosed Naltrexone.
Given the option that LDN is tolerated well but not enough for relief.

Most of the time I read about people combining it with anti virals.

How about combining it with immunemodulators or other interacting medication?

For example Copaxone, Suramin and other "heavier" treatments?

I am interested to hear about your experiences!

Wishful

For me, LDN blocked neuropathic pains really well, but did nothing else for any other ME symptoms. I didn't have any other medication for it to interact with. I'm unaware of any other drugs that would synergize with it. I think it's something you'd have to experiment with yourself.

Rufous McKinney

It helped me considerably- one of the few things that seems to- reduce the severity of certain symptoms- for me those were- .... tissue swelling up mostly. So that is happening far less often and more associated with crashes- before it was kinda of every day.

pamojja

I take really comprehensive supplementation with LDN, and never got any obvious interaction. For me the most consistent directly felt effect of LDN is that it reduces the hours I need to sleep.

Indirectly, remission from PEM (my only ME/CFS symptom). But that was confounded by getting my rampart Mg-deficiency under control with Mg-IVs, my only root-canal treated tooth extracted, and LDN for the fist time above 2 mg/d consistently taken.

Last edited: