• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

kynurenine pathway, social anxiety disorder

aquariusgirl

The peripheral kynurenine pathway is altered in SAD and preferentially directed towards KYNA synthesis. Additionally, kynurenine pathway activation, as evidenced by elevated KYN and KYN/TRYP ratio, is evident in SAD patients with a history of past suicide attempt. While no differences in pro-inflammatory cytokines is apparent in SAD patients, lower anti-inflammatory IL-10 levels are seen in SAD males. Further investigation of the role of the immune-kynurenine pathway in SAD and other clinical anxiety disorders is warranted.

Wishful

No surprise to me. TRP made all my ME symptoms worse, and niacin (end product of the kynurenine pathway) made me quite strongly suicidal. Research there would be helpful.

anne_likes_red

I noticed this pathway referred to in a recent presentation about the benefits of a particular strain of Bifidobacterium Longum IE: the Zenflore strain, "1714-Serenitas".. Wondered if it might be worth looking into further.
Here is the video I saw. NB It's promoting Microbiome Labs formulations of B Longum 1714. Mods remove if inappropriate.
*I purchased the Zenflore product BTW, from Europe. Going through hoops currently to get it here, but hope to have it in a couple of weeks.
Kiran Krishnan, co-founder of Microbiome Labs talking about B Longum 1714,

Last edited: