• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

it seems ron davis may have a new potential treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the moment their robots to test the treatments are broken. Janet replied to me in a tweet and said they need 8k USD to get the part to fix the robo then more treatment testing at rapid rate. If anyone can spare some money please donate via stanfords website. I have instructions on my twitter @th3birdman333

My god they still haven’t fixed the robots. Oof. Not being critical just fml.

I know, the good news is the centrifuge (sp?) Is accounted for now as well as other parts. They just need one more part for the robots and not several so we are almost there. But I feel for you. It's been several months and we still are not testing the FDA drugs from his arsenal.

dylemmaz

the 3 robots can test more drugs at differing doses in a year than you could try in your lifetime

Last edited by a moderator:

nryanh94

the 3 robots can test more drugs at differing doses in a year than you could try in your lifetime
1630761976831.gif

At the moment their robots to test the treatments are broken. Janet replied to me in a tweet and said they need 8k USD to get the part to fix the robo then more treatment testing at rapid rate. If anyone can spare some money please donate via stanfords website. I have instructions on my twitter @th3birdman333
So let me get this straight, the only thing that's been holding them up for months now from starting to test all FDA approved drugs as well as botanics is 8 grand to fix the robots. This is coming from the wife of the top researcher in a foundation that in 2020 pulled in $4,062,970, all while for years pushing the metabolic trap as cure. I understand 4 million is chump change in the grand scheme of things, but this really gets my mind going in the tin foil hat direction.

hapl808

This is coming from the wife of the top researcher in a foundation that in 2020 pulled in $4,062,970, all while for years pushing the metabolic trap as cure. I understand 4 million is chump change in the grand scheme of things, but Jesus Christ, this really gets my mind going in the tin foil hat direction.

If only it had been $4,062,978?

I don't normally comment on OMF stuff as I don't understand the structure or history, but I also have no clue what $8k to 'fix a robot' means or whatever the statement was. I've spent more on personal hobby projects in my pre-ME/CFS days, so I just feel like I'm missing something here.

dylemmaz

the nanoneedle is only on hold because their grants have been denied multiple times for terrible reasons. the nanoneedle project is still very much in the works and has by no means vanished in to “nothing.” i’ve already addressed this to you prior.

dylemmaz

So let me get this straight, the only thing that's been holding them up for months now from starting to test all FDA approved drugs as well as botanics is 8 grand to fix the robots. This is coming from the wife of the top researcher in a foundation that in 2020 pulled in $4,062,970, all while for years pushing the metabolic trap as cure. I understand 4 million is chump change in the grand scheme of things, but Jesus Christ, this really gets my mind going in the tin foil hat direction.
$8,000 is not what kept this project held up “for months.” it took a month or so consulting with others to discover the 8k was needed in order to fix the robots. at first, they had worries they may need to buy a completely new robot, of which ron said would cost approximately $100,000. being short on money, he consulted others and found a different way around the problem that wasn’t so costly

5vforest

can you explain a bit more what you mean by this?

They are constantly exaggerating and/or sugar coating their claims. I have postulated before that this is probably a conscious decision to give hope to very desperate patients, in order to decrease the number of suicides, etc.

I personally disagree with this tactic and would like them to be more transparent and honest when making forward looking statements.

bread.

I do not believe the OMF as a whole is the problem here, I do believe that certain parts and individuals involved with the OMF should overthink the way they communicate though.

I am sure those individuals think it is best for the cause in how they do what they do, but there are some very significant communication issues, uselessly hyped up stories that too often turn into dust, which in itself would be a normal process in science, the problem is the usual hype up first and do not follow up later process, this is often NOT necessary but is clearly used as leverage "to give people hope" (which in my mind can never be the case if it is not 100% honest) and to keep them engaged, this is very clearly a problem for many.

There will of course be some angry self righteous rebuttal, some explanations, we had this before.

After all, I believe in the grand matter of schemes it is good that we have those people in the OMF but it would clearly be BETTER if they were to work on their communications and stop playing withh people's minds and hopes. Again they probably think it is the best way to do it, I doubt that this correct to be honest, there are better ways.

Please forget the nano needle by the way, it is not the NIH's fault, not everything is, a lot, but not everything.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Guys,

do you keep in mind that neither Janet nor Whitney is stuff of the OMF?!
What exactly did OMF themselves announce or promise?

If you have a problem with OMF don't donate. They don't owe you anything. And the scientists waived their fees for a long time in order to help us in this completely underfunded situation.

Please forget the nano needle by the way, it is not the NIH's fault, not everything is, a lot, but not everything.
Whose fault ist it and why?

Btw OMF is not only the needle and the yeast. If you're not satisfied with the metabolic trap theory there are dozens and dozens of other theories all of which are deadlocks who haven't even made it near a petri dish. Why don't you complain about these?

I understand the frustration very much, but what kind of insults are being used here in the direction of those who rip their asses off - I have absolutely zero sympathy for!

Status
Not open for further replies.