• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is it dangerous to chelate in my case? Proposal from my doctor and results of my AOT and heavy metal tests

Hello, my name is Julia

I have severe ME/CFS

I recently started seeing a functional medicine doctor to treat me. She did various tests: organic acids in urine and heavy metal tests in hair and stress in saliva.

These were the results:
Captura de pantalla de 2022-05-29 14-58-59.png

Captura de pantalla de 2022-05-29 14-59-15.png

yt.jpg

After seeing the results, she suggested that as a first step in the treatment I take some supplements with the intention of 1. supporting the methylation cycle, which according to her is slow, and 2. starting to chelate heavy metals.

Here are the prescribed supplements and guidelines:

- CN BASE 120 LCN CAPSULES
R-lipoic acid 50mg Coenzyme Q10 50mg chromium picolinate 65 µg magnesium citrate 37.5mg sodium selenite 50 µg sodium molybdate 15 µg manganese citrate 0.8mg cupric citrate 0.5 mg zinc citrate D-biotin 75 µg b12 dibencozide 3 µg + methylcobalamin 3 µg calcium folate L-methylfolate 150 µg b5 calcium pantothenate 4mg b6 pyridoxal-5-phosphate 5 mg b3 niacinamide 12mg b2 riboflavin-5-phosphate 4.8 mg b1 thiamin hydrochloride 4.2 mg vitamin e D-alpha-tocopheryl succinate 10 mg vitamin D cholecalciferol 15 µg vitamin A retinol acetate 340 µg vitamin C(calcium ascorbate)150 mg
Dosage: 15 days with Take 1 capsule a day and continue with 2 a day. with meals.

-ZeolithMED Zeolite 1 dose 1 hour after dinner.

-LIPOSOMAL GLUTATION 100ML CURESUPPORT
Dosage: Take 1 x 5 ml

-LIPOSOMAL VITAMIN C 250ML CURESUPPORT
Dosage: Take 5 ml

-ORALCHEL 30 CAP. CELAVISTA
- Chela® (EDTA-complex)....200 mg - N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine (NAC)....300 mg - Alpha Lipoic Acid....180mg - Resveratrol 98%....80mg - MSM (methylsulfonylmethane)....180 mg - L-Taurine....80mg - Nicotinic Acid....20 mg (125% NRV - Vitamin C....260 mg (325%NRV) - Biotin....50 μg (100% NRV) - Vitamin D3...10μg (400UI) (200% NRV) - Vitamin K2 100μg (133.3% NRV) - Iron....3.33 mg(23.6% NRV)
Dosage: Alternate with minerals. 15 days yes, 15 days no per month. Take 1 capsule a day with any of the meals.

-MINERALS 500 CAP. DIMEFAR
Dosage: alternate with oralchel. 15 days yes, 15 days no, Take 3 capsules a day in a single dose or spread over the main meals.

I'm afraid of chelation, because the detoxification pathways are wrong, I'm afraid that there will be an irreversible redistribution throughout the body, especially to the brain. I do not understand how detoxification works in the body, nor how chelation works, nor do I know basic chemistry (I studied at the institute, but I do not remember anything).

I have 3 mercury fillings, I have read somewhere that you have to remove them before chelate, my doctor has not told me anything about that

I ask for your reasoned opinion and guidance
Do you think it is very dangerous? Am I exposed to redistribute heavy metals? Is it worth the risk-benefit?

Thank you

Pyrrhus

After seeing the results, she suggested that as a first step in the treatment I take some supplements with the intention of 1. supporting the methylation cycle, which according to her is slow, and 2. starting to chelate heavy metals.

Here are the prescribed supplements and guidelines:

That sounds like a lot of supplements to try all at once.

In general, it is often recommended to try a single supplement at a time, to evaluate your response to each individual ingredient.

Personally, I feel there are only a few basic nutrients that are really needed to support your body's methylation capacity:
From a theoretical perspective, though, in order to break a methylfolate trap you would really only need a few basic things:
  1. Vitamin B12: This breaks the methylfolate trap.
  2. Folate (Vitamin B9): Once the methylfolate trap is broken, there will be an increased demand for folate.
  3. Vitamin B6: This will reduce any homocysteine that accumulated during the methylfolate trap.
  4. Potassium: Once the methylfolate trap is broken, there may be a sudden, but temporary, drop in potassium. Unexplained muscle cramps are a good sign of this phenomenon.

And personally, before considering chelation to treat any toxic substance that your doctor might identify with proper testing, I would consider boosting your body's glutathione by taking low-doses of N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC).

Glutathione is your body's natural chelator. By increasing your body's supply of glutathione, you allow your body to chelate and detoxify any toxic substance naturally.

(However, note that NAC can sometimes come with some temporary, but very negative, start-up effects.)

I hope this helps.

Rufous McKinney

I'm afraid of chelation, because the detoxification pathways are wrong, I'm afraid that there will be an irreversible redistribution throughout the body, especially to the brain.

I share your fear. I have tried to do some detoxing and after a few days, usually give up as the side effects are intolerable.

Metals are already in my brain, I'm pretty sure. (no test results like you have). The brain isn't getting cleansed properly, Im sure of it in my case. My eyes are injured, according to the eye doctors who dont' help me (they said I needed to get chelated....the second eye doctor personally said he got chelated over 500 times. I asked what was going on with chelation number 499, and he did not answer me). (I will not return to these eye doctors who won't actually help me or diagnose anything)

As Pyrrhus commented, above, thats alot of things to try all at once. Be extremely careful.

I've got Zeolite (still haven't taken it). I use some Chinese herbs for lymph cleansing and typically stop after four days. These are likely start up effects and Im somehow unable to endure them.

I also swore to a friend I'd try her cure: the All Thiamine thing: so I bout AllThiamine, Biotin and a third thing charcoal...and those are still unopened. (because instead of detoxing, I experience relapses and acute worsening).

My two hour recent dental consultation lead to me being acute ill for two months. So for two months, no way can I try to detox again. Setbacks set back detox efforts.

Rufous McKinney

I have 3 mercury fillings, I have read somewhere that you have to remove them before chelate, my doctor has not told me anything about tha

generally, getting the metal out is rather standard before chelating, assuming its an ongoing source.

Im replacing some metal-based crowns currently.

jaybee00

This won’t cure or treat your MECFS. Unfortunately there currently is no approved treatment for MECFS. There is no evidence to support this treatment plan.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Functional_medicine

Functional medicine is a form of alternative medicine that encompasses a number of unproven and disproven methods and treatments.[1][2][3] Its proponents claim that it focuses on the "root causes" of diseases based on interactions between the environment and the gastrointestinal, endocrine, and immune systems to develop "individualized treatment plans."[4] It has been described as pseudoscience,[5] quackery,[6] and at its essence a rebranding of complementary and alternative medicine.[6]
In the United States, functional medicine practices have been ruled ineligible for course credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians because of concerns they may be harmful.[7][8]

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/fu...ests-in-one-hand-a-huge-invoice-in-the-other/

Last edited:

In general, it is often recommended to try a single supplement at a time, to evaluate your response to each individual ingredient.

Personally, I feel there are only a few basic nutrients that are really needed to support your body's methylation capacity:

And personally, before considering chelation to treat any toxic substance that your doctor might identify with proper testing, I would consider boosting your body's glutathione by taking low-doses of N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC).

Glutathione is your body's natural chelator. By increasing your body's supply of glutathione, you allow your body to chelate and detoxify any toxic substance naturally.

(However, note that NAC can sometimes come with some temporary, but very negative, start-up effects.)

I hope this helps.
Can you

I hope this helps.
Thanks everybody for the reply
@Pyrrhus Could you guide me to find the info of how to do the methilation protocol?
What can happens if I take all the vitamins B of the CN base together?

Pyrrhus

@Pyrrhus Could you guide me to find the info of how to do the methilation protocol?

Unfortunately, I don't have any "methylation protocol" to offer.

Since everyone has different reactions to B vitamins and NAC, people typically have to experiment carefully with each nutrient in order to find out how they react to each nutrient.

In this way, people can find out what works for them. Unfortunately, this requires a lot of patience and a lot of time.

I hope this is not too disappointing. And I hope this is clear!

I wish you the best! :)