• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Introducing Phoenix Rising's New Supplement Shopping Search Page (Buy Supplements at a Discount)

Hip

Introducing Phoenix Rising's New Supplement Shopping Search Page

A new supplement shopping search page allows you to quickly search for vitamins and supplements at online stores such as Amazon, iHerb, Vitacost, LuckyVitamin, HealthMonthly, and many others.

Go to ➤ Supplement Shopping Search Page

To use this supplement shopping search, simply type in the supplement you want to buy into the search box (see video demo below), and then press one of the blue buttons (such as the iHerb button) to search that particular store for your supplement. When you press a blue button, it opens a new browser window showing what that store has to offer.

Using this supplement search, you can quickly check multiple online supplement stores to see what they stock, and compare prices. This will hopefully make buying supplements easier.

Phoenix Rising's Supplement Shopping Search
Supplement Search Demo.gif

What's more, if you buy your supplements on the US AmazonSmile, Phoenix Rising (PR) will receive a 0.5% donation from Amazon, at no cost to you, as PR is registered as a charity on the US AmazonSmile. This income helps support PR.

And this supplement search page can save you money: typically you can save 5% to 10% of the cost of your order — see the deals and discount coupons section below.

To find to the supplement shopping search page, just use the new PR forum menu option labelled Supplement shopping search, which is found in the top-of-page main menu:

Supplement Shopping Search Menu Option.png

Why the Supplement Shopping Search Page?

The idea behind this supplement shopping search page is to provide forum readers and members with a convenient supplement search facility. And at the same time, it allows PR to earn a small commission. If PR can earn some free cash by using these shopping links, it reduces the amount of money PR needs to raise from forum reader donations.

PR has had a shopping page in the past, but many of the affiliate links on the old shopping page were no longer working, so we revamped the page in the form of this new supplement shopping search.

Your Feedback Please

Let me know if you think this supplement search facility might be handy tool or not, and whether you think you might use it. At the moment it is an experimental new addition to Phoenix Rising; we are going to see if members actually find it useful.

If anyone has any ideas about how to expand this shopping page, to make it more useful, please post your ideas in this thread. If there are any new features you will like to see, let me know. Report any bugs or issues in this thread also.

Last edited:

Hip

Finding Supplements at the Best Prices

Amazon, iHerb, and Health Monthly (UK) have some of the lowest prices, and have a massive range of supplements. But if you want go even cheaper, then you can get supplements around 5 times cheaper (80% off!) at bulk powder sellers like PureBulk in the US, and MyProtein in the UK. You will find all these stores on the supplement shopping search page, and you can easily open several stores in different windows to compare products and prices.

Tip: on desktop/laptop computers, to open a store in a new browser tab rather than a new window, hold down the Control key (on Windows) or the Command key (on Mac) while clicking the blue buttons. This will then open the store in a new tab. This makes it easier to compare one store with the next, if the stores you are interested are displayed in tabs.

Last edited:

Hip

Deals and Discount Coupons

You can frequently save 5% or 10% or so on the cost of your supplements (and sometimes 30% to 50% at bulk powder sellers) if you find a special deal or discount coupon code to enter at checkout.

To make it easier to find such deals, on the supplement shopping search page, if you long press on any of the blue store buttons, this will open up a discount listing website, which will show you the the latest deals and coupons for the supplement store you are interested in (long press means press and hold down for a moment on a blue button, and then release).

There are dozens of such discount listing websites online, but often the coupons listed are out of date and expired, so when you enter the coupon code checkout, it does not work.

However, according to this survey of discount websites, the Dealspotr website not only has one of the largest selection of coupons, but analysis shows their coupons work around 80% of the time. So Dealspotr was chosen for use on the supplement shopping search page, and when you long press on a blue button, it will open up Dealspotr.

Incidentally, iHerb actually have an ever-lasting coupon (code WOW123) which will always give you a 5% discount when entered during checkout.

Last edited:

Hip

Buying Other Items On the Shopping Search Page

It's not just vitamins and supplements you can buy on this new supplement shopping search page: if you buy any other goods or items on the US Amazon via this shopping page, PR will also receive a donation or commission, as the following explains:

Buying Items on the US Amazon

When shopping in the US for Amazon items, Phoenix Rising will receive a free charitable donation from Amazon if you make your purchase on AmazonSmile, the sister website of Amazon (provided you have set your AmazonSmile charity to PR — set it to PR here). And at no cost to you.

The AmazonSmile website looks pretty much the same as the regular Amazon site, and has exactly the same products and prices. You can log into AmazonSmile using your regular Amazon login credentials (same email and password).

You can get to the AmazonSmile by clicking the AmazonSmile US link on the supplement shopping search page, and then carrying on your shopping as normal.

But you do not actually have to go to the supplement shopping search page first in order for PR to receive a donation; provided you go to AmazonSmile to make your purchases, and not the regular Amazon, PR will benefit (see also the AmazonSmile redirect browser extension section below).

AmazonSmile US.png

Last edited:

Hip

AmazonSmile Redirect Browser Extension

AmazonSmile will donate 0.5% of the total price of your Amazon purchases to your chosen charity, provided you make you purchases on the AmazonSmile website, rather than on the regular Amazon.

The AmazonSmile website (https://smile.amazon.com) looks much the same as the regular Amazon site, and has exactly the same products and prices. So this is a simple way of supporting your favorite charity, and costs you nothing.

However, it's easy to forget to use AmazonSmile when you shop, as most of us start shopping on Google, and when we see the product we want in the Google search results, we just click on the link, and if it's an Amazon link, you will be directed to the regular Amazon, rather than the AmazonSmile site. Unfortunately if you then buy your items on the regular Amazon, your charity will not receive any money. Your charity only gets a 0.5% donation from Amazon if you make your purchase on AmazonSmile.

So because we may frequently forget to buy on the AmazonSmile website, our chosen charity misses out.

However, there is a simple solution to this forgetfulness: you can install a browser extension that automatically changes the Amazon links in your Google search results (and everywhere else) to AmazonSmile links. So then when you click on the Amazon link in the Google search results, you will be automatically redirected to the AmazonSmile website to make your purchase. Very easy.

Such AmazonSmile redirect extensions are available for Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Edge. These extensions require no configuration: you just install them (which takes 30 seconds) and they work. Thereafter, you will always be taken to AmazonSmile to do your shopping.

If you want Phoenix Rising to receive a donation from the US AmazonSmile, set your US AmazonSmile charity to PR (go here to do that).

Of course, you don't have to set it to PR: you can select another charity, such as one from this list of ME/CFS charities on the US AmazonSmile site.

Note that PR is only registered on the US AmazonSmile, but is not present on the UK or German AmazonSmiles (the only other two countries apart from the US that have AmazonSmile).

Last edited:

Hip

SupSearch Bookmarklet for Easy Searching

To make searching for supplements faster, you can place the SupSearch bookmarklet on your browser bookmarks bar. When you click on this bookmarklet, it will take you to the supplement shopping search page. But it will also place any text you have selected (highlighted) on the webpage you are viewing into the shopping page's search box.

So for example, if you are reading a Phoenix Rising thread, and you see a supplement you might like to buy, just select the text of the supplement, and press the SupSearch bookmarklet, and it will copy that supplement, take you to the supplement shopping search page, and insert the supplement into the search box.

How to Install and Use the SupSearch Bookmarklet
Bookmarklet Demo.gif

You can get the SupSearch bookmarklet at the bottom of the supplement shopping search page. To add this bookmarklet to your bookmarks bar, simply drag and drop it from the page and onto the bar. Note that Microsoft Edge does not support bookmarklets.

Last edited:

Hip

Adblock may mistakenly block the supplement search page, disabling adblock or whitelisting Phoenix Rising website fixes this problem.

I would not have thought ad blockers will interfere with the supplement search page, as that page does not display any adverts from external sources. I tried it with a few ad blockers, and it seems to be OK.

Last edited:

Hipsman

I would not think ad blockers will interfere with the supplement search page, as that page does not display any adverts from external sources. I tried it with a few ad blockers, and it seems to be OK.
Then it's just "ublock origin" adblock that I'm using, maybe it's becouse I use additional filters that normally adblockers don't use. In this case it's ok since if someone uses that, they will likely know how to fix this.

Edit: it's my custom filters, my fault.

Last edited:

Hipsman

Whats the PR iherb rewards -5% code? Might be good idea to have it somewhere easy to find, I for example like to just put a reward code instead looking for iherb affiliate links...

Hip

Whats the PR iherb rewards -5% code? Might be good idea to have it somewhere easy to find, I for example like to just put a reward code instead looking for iherb affiliate links...

Phoenix Rising's iHerb reward code is BJH7129, but I am not sure if PR will be able to use this long term, as @Cipher found out that iHerb run both a rewards program, and a separate affiliates program (I originally thought the iHerb rewards program was the their affiliate program, but it is not).

Every iHerb customer automatically gets their own rewards program code after they make their first iHerb order. The iHerb rewards program I think is more intended more for individual iHerb customers to make a bit of money by referring friends and family to iHerb.

Whereas the iHerb affiliates program is more intended for people doing professional affiliate marketing.

The iHerb reward program rules state:
The Rewards Program can be shared with friends and family through Your own email, social media accounts, personal blog, or word of mouth.
That makes it sound like the iHerb Rewards Program is intended for individual iHerb customers, but maybe not be valid for larger organizations.

The PR iHerb rewards program is running, and PR has a small amount of money (about $35) accumulated in this account, but I am not entirely sure if PR is allowed to use the rewards program. So at some point in future, I may need to apply to join the iHerb affiliates program on behalf of PR. My fatigue level is higher than usual at present, so will not be doing this until my energies return.

Last edited:

Hip

That's a useful list, thanks. That thread seems to have a link to a lab test search engine which searches for tests in the US offered by LabCorp and Quest. Though nothing similar for Europe unfortunately.

I have list of pathology labs in the Testing Laboratories section of my roadmap document, if that's of any help. I will add any labs from your list to mine, if they are not there already.

I have list of pathology labs in the Testing Laboratories section of my roadmap document, if that's of any help. I will add any labs from your list to mine, if they are not there already.

I have asked a moderator if such thread or list was present on this forum and she didn't know of one. I've looked at the roadmap but probably overlooked it. That's a really nice list. I'm still seeing people asking questions about lab locations here on the forum. I would make a hyperlink to your list somewhere on the main forum next to supplement search for example.

Edit: Thanks for sharing your list btw, it's a tremendous help.

Last edited: