• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Introducing OMF Ambassador Stuart Murdoch (from the band Belle and Sebastian)!

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
Hi guys,

Some really great news generally, and specifically for the advocacy side :) :

yx8n-tRzAv8RHtfiIeaegA5Wu8WdopKAIYoVP8Hie5paaQNT0XGgunRyEMYZFjHvCYHWRALNaHNXm4fojwahl6uSSYbk_hrTpPw1PYbe3vQURvkUXt-qanQh8z8l5gEvGvz7oru2sv-wIgpEKQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Introducing Our New Ambassador: Stuart Murdoch

Dear Friends,

Stuart Murdoch, co-founder of the indie pop band Belle and Sebastian, which has been touring worldwide and producing albums for the past 20 years, has joined our family as an OMF Ambassador.

An ME/CFS patient himself for the past 28 years, Stuart has come out in support of OMF and our research to end ME/CFS. Stuart will work with us in our social media campaigns to promote awareness of this dreadful disease and OMF’s efforts to end it.

bAVHIkp66E8AK4nM7kjG3kpE-hTVLJ2sSfGbUY-3C9t5OtxTBi0EQuccCZgQtEMBWKslAcK78u2i5midP7Uv2foFK9VbeLwmfoA2ogPo4d53tiUAj5FHg4ToLwKhVeqPatxsygw7FDLq9w9RkBeshkDg8RlLuUXPUqqFtmnus0xupDSFS8w=s0-d-e1-ft

Stuart is a composer, writer, filmmaker, and father, as well as the lead singer and songwriter for Belle and Sebastian.

While a university student in the late 80s, he became ill with ME/CFS and was unable to work for seven years. The isolation of these years led Stuart to become a songwriter, and in the accompanying video in which he talks about his illness and why it’s important to support OMF, Stuart sings the first song he wrote about being ill.

I hope you enjoy his music as much as we do and will help us promote his message of support for OMF’s research program. Watch the video here.

With hope for all,

3Z-YaUr9ySCtnO6GqKywNXwq5XiApDoglgpHRoKjhM7RUdCQCw7aR9tl8YBY1pkk2YmNSyeso3e6f-4iKikFHu01f6dulyT7WQXisD8-dkio4ECRy-8IKYCWhIHh=s0-d-e1-ft

Linda Tannenbaum
Founder & CEO/President

www.omf.ngo

@Janet Dafoe (Rose49) @AshleyHalcyoneH @marilynbsg

panckage

Very happy to see Stuart aboard. I remember tweeting him about the first #millionsmissing campaign. He never replied. I have no idea how Twitter even works so he probably didn't even see my message but I think there is a 0.0001% chance I alerted him :rofl: