• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Interstitial Cystitis and ME/CFS

brenda

I am sorry for suffering you've faced, but understand what you mean. I am a very different person, in so many ways, after All This.

Agreed suffering always changes us, sometimes not for the better. It has been the necessity of turning to Christ, there being no-one else to turn to that has changed my life.
I need to fully evaluate these dietary issues. Perhaps literally start all over. I"ve never done a really strict elimination diet. I am rather ad hoc.

I have never done a strict elimination diet or a rotation diet though have found improvement after fasting through illness.
In about a week, I'll be somewhere where I can regroup on my life.

That's great.
I lost weight a number of years ago, (advice to others- do that much sooner)...in my early 50s...I need to eat MORE calories.
A strict elimination diet might not be best for you atm. I have tied quitting numerous things like dairy or even going raw vegan but it has been the grains that have made the most difference. Once I was nearly all grains ie macrobiotic!

Tammy

But I have it under control and even might say cured, due this time to quitting all grains.
I have IC also and grains are a definite no no for me. Also dairy. When I am motivated to do so and feel up to it, I make my own flatbread using a combination of grain free flours like almond flour, Cassava flour, tapioca flour, and sometimes chickpea flour. I just mix a combo of these flours together and add a bit of water to make a good dough consistency. I roll it out, put on a cookie sheet and bake for approx 7 minutes on each side. Luckily, my local grocery store has some good grain free crackers and chips that I like. Have you found any grain-free food products you like?

Last edited:

kangaSue

brenda

I have IC also and grains are a definite no no for me. Also dairy. When I am motivated to do so and feel up to it, I make my own flatbread using a combination of grain free flours like almond flour, Cassava flour, tapioca flour, and sometimes chickpea flour. I just mix a combo of these flours together and add a bit of water to make a good dough consistency. I roll it out, put on a cookie sheet and bake for approx 7 minutes on each side. Luckily, my local grocery store has some good grain free crackers and chips that I like. Have you found any grain-free food products you like?
Hey Tammy thanks for that recipe. I am using some bought lentil crispbreads that I like. Trying to avoid almond flour apart from the bread mix buns 2 x week due to oxalate but many grain free recipes have it in. I just bought some tiger nut flour. Had some dairy again but it gave me gas so I think I will quit it.