• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Interpreting Genova GI Effects Comprehensive Profile

Can someone help me understand my results? I’ve been googling and looked over the interpretive guide, because my doctor will only explain the results over an appointment and I can’t get out of the house currently. I’ve only posted the abnormal parts.

My understanding is that my results align with those of other people who have cfs. Is there more I can gather from this/potential treatment that might help?

bertiedog

@tiredgirl928 I can probably help with this but I won't be able to take a look till Friday at the earliest.

Did you have a page showing the 24 Commensal Bacteria plus markers for Digestion and Absorption, Inflammation and Immunology, Gastrointestinal Microbiome? There should also be a final page showing Bacteriology Culture.

Pam

@tiredgirl928 I can probably help with this but I won't be able to take a look till Friday at the earliest.

Did you have a page showing the 24 Commensal Bacteria plus markers for Digestion and Absorption, Inflammation and Immunology, Gastrointestinal Microbiome? There should also be a final page showing Bacteriology Culture.

Pam

Oh, thank you Pam! I would appreciate any sort of information whenever you can get to it. No pressure. I think these are the numbers you are looking for? I initially only posted the markers that were abnormal.

View attachment 35510View attachment 35511View attachment 35512

@tiredgirl928 Here is a PDF from Genova's website that explains how there test is interpreted.

Thank you! I used this PDF, but the only information I can gather is that some of my results are abnormal. I am not really sure what to do based on these results, though. I am waiting to hear from the doctor to see if he is willing to consult over the phone.

I have also done the Nutreval from Genova. The results of that test seemed to have a more practical application than this one, at least for me.

All of your help means so much to me!