• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Insightful Reincarnation Stories

Wayne

I’ve always enjoyed reading reincarnation stories, and have been re-reading some of them lately. As I've read them, I’ve thought many here on PR might enjoy them as well. But since these stories are not online, I thought I would do a bit of a “reader’s digest” exercise, and retell a few of them on a thread here in a shortened form.

These stories are primarily from a small annual publication called the Eckankar Journal, and as such, reflect a bit of an Eckankar perspective. I feel however that these stories reflect broad spiritual principles, and so I think they could be enjoyed by others from any number of different spiritual orientations.

The journal stories touch on a number of different spiritual experiences, but I’m going to primarily focus on the reincarnation stories, and the deep spiritual insights gained by those remembering past life details. In re-writing these stories, I’m going to try to use as many words and phrases from the author as I can to keep the totality of the story as intact as possible. -- With that bit of an introduction, I’ll start out with this story, written by a man from Australia that was first published in 1996.

I Knew My Wife in a Past Life

This middle-aged man relates how he and his wife felt an “instant recognition” when they first met, and after getting married, enjoyed a great sense of love and spiritual togetherness. After a time, this man began to become increasing angry and agitated, and most of his anger was directed at his wife. This was highly unusual, because he had never experienced anger like this in his entire life. As he put it, he went from being a calm and well-balanced person, to one who was completely out of control, and eventually stopped feeling anything and just “closed down”.

At his bleakest moments, he asked for spiritual assistance, and two dreams came to him in the same night. In the first one, he’s in a total rage, rampaging around the house, breaking everything in sight. In the second dream, he’s lying on the ground, badly wounded. He’s a Sioux Warrior and has slipped into shock amidst a fierce battle. He had experienced past life recalls before, but he said nothing could have prepared him for the horror, pain and fear he experienced in this dream.

Soon, his beloved tribal chief showed up on a white horse. His heart opened as the chief looked over him, feeling he was now safe. But then the horse reared, and the chief thrust his spear with all his strength into him. As he watched the chief, his face turned into that of his current wife. The shock and pain of the impact was immense, and soon his world melted into a blackness. He ended up leaving that lifetime feeling an immense rage and sense of betrayal.

After this experience, he found himself filled with anger and sickness. As he began to share this dream with his wife, he could feel his rage begin to stir. But as he continued to speak, he could feel the healing balm of Spirit entering his consciousness. As his awareness increased, he could see a higher perspective. He had been badly wounded, with no possibility of saving him. The terrible tortures he would suffer as a captive were well known in his tribe. So his chief had done a loving thing, ending his life quickly and releasing him to the freedom in the inner worlds.

It took many weeks for this healing to slowly filter into all the levels of his being, which he described as being lifted up out of a heavy gray cloud. During this time of healing, he was filled with awe as he recognized the bond of love they once shared as Sioux Warriors, and best of all, how this love they shared grew even greater after this experience.

I’ve remembered this story many times over the years. — So many principles involved; I would be most interested to hear comments, or other interesting reincarnation stories you’ve read or heard about.

Best Regards, Wayne

Seewell

Hi (my first post,lived with this illness for many years now :( -:)
Im really interested in this too.Fascinates me
Nice story - Ive read about people being unconscious - or in a coma, and coming round speaking a completely
different language,one they Never learnt there whole life ?

Wayne

I once read an account by a woman who had struggled her whole lifetime with very weak ankles. She was always twisting or spraining them, often ending up on crutches to get around. She also had a corresponding feeling of being "defective", a feeling she was never able to understand or resolve.

She finally asked for assistance with her dilemma, and then experienced a past life recall that got to the root of some of her difficulties. She was a young boy in the middle east a couple thousand years ago, who was born with a club foot. Her family in that lifetime was so ashamed and embarrassed by this disability, that they sold him at a very young age as a slave. These owners then went on to treat him very badly, often ridiculing and making fun of his disability. He thus came to view himself as defective.

With this revelation and understanding of how this particular dynamic of weak ankles and a distorted self image started, this woman was able to receive a spiritual healing. After that, her ankles healed up, and she never had the same kinds of problems with them as she had had.

This is quite a compelling story that was aired recently by ABC News, and that I think would be enjoyed by anybody with an interest in reincarnation or the afterlife. If you don't want to watch the whole 7-minute video, I would recommend going to at least the 6:20 mark or so, where Eben Alexander has a stunning realization:

Proof of Heaven Author (Eben Alexander)

taniaaust1

Ive remembered parts of many of my lifetimes (its like at times Ive completely relived them again.. like having PTSD but with past lives thou it isnt always bad memories). Ive remembered snippets of between 25-30 of my past lives. One thing Ive learnt from that is past lives are affecting us all today. If you ever had a strong emotion come on for no reason at all towards someone, suspect a past life is triggering it off. Remembering life times isnt for the faint hearted and there are very good reasons why most people never remember them. Ive known people to be emotionally destoyed (I used to have a teacher who that occurred too) or even mentally destroyed by remembering a past life (I knew a past life regressionist therapist who lived out my way who'd done this for 30 years..and she left the field after someone was basically mentally destroyed by their memory which she had helped bring up.

I'll share a bit of a few of my lives and how they affected things this life time.

I have a daughter this life time who has always hated me. Part of her hate is cause she was born disabled this lifetime and she's always blamed me for that (turns out irronically I was in fact the cause of her disability.. it was caused by my DNA.. the MTHFR polymorphism I have). It has been said that there are special spiritual reasons for a soul to be born disabled and that disabled one to choose the parent they do..her disability may be in fact my karma coming back to me..forcing me to have had to put in sooo much time above the normal into raising her and her care.

In another life time.. from what I was wearing at the time it could of been in England in around the 1600s-1800's hundred (I was wearing a long dress which made me think of the old English ones). A man who knew me and abused and dominated me.. married me very young when I was not more then a child myself. I may of been around 17 years old. We went on to take abandoned and unwanted children in and raise them. My husband of that time he turned his abuse onto these children .. physical, mental and sexual abuse.. and with me being dominated by him, got me to join him in things.

The daughter I have now, in that other lifetime was a beautiful blond little girl with the ringlets to her shoulders. I remember her when she was around 2-3 years old. He abused her terribly too. She died from it. She was one of the children we abused that we ended up burying in the backyard. I never stopped her from being abused. (I think I've blocked it out but I think I was involved in her abuse too. I felt nauseus and remembered that little girl every time I looked at my daughter there for a while, I had to deal with being responsible for the death)

Ive never brought up this with my daughter but there is a good chance she actually remembers too (she can see auras and has some psychic ability too..natural mediumship skills and can see spirits at times (think "sixth sense"..that was my daughter years before that movie come out).. I wouldnt be surprised if she remembers.. if she doesnt..well I know she still feels hate towards me and this would be the underlying cause of it. (She doesnt speak to me this lifetime and if she's at a family party Im at, she's very nasty towards me). I'll like doing penance this lifetime, till she forgives.

I guess if she dont get over it.. we both will both have to be reincarnated together again to try to sort this out and heal the issues. Maybe next time ..she'll be my mother or father and be forced to have to love me. I cant currently see another way this past life issue is going to solve. Ive now done my dues towards her and unconditionally will love her this lifetime no matter what.

I also have a past life with my other daughter. In her case she was part of a satanic like cult, the leader of it and killed me in another life. I was the sacrifice (I have that theme running throu several past lifes.. cults sacrificing me). Interestingly.. she remembers slightly who she was too (she knows she was the leader of an evil cult) and in fact another friend of hers.. she killed him too (another sacrifice) in that lifetime and he remembers as well.. Like myself, he once suddenly relived the lifetime. That was before that told them of my own memory of her in that lifetime.. I told them in response to what had happened with him remembering (he ended up freaked out hiding from her under a bed shaking after he remembered). So that all confirmed what I believed already. He remembered her and her cult.

Fortunately what she did in that lifetime.. never has affected our relationship this lifetime. (So I dont know why we reincarnated together this life).

One of my three sisters. Ive remembered a lifetime with her too. In that lifetime (another lifetime which I think was in England). We were (unrelated females) but both prostitutes who had the same pimp. The pimp of that lifetime.. ended up due to his dominant nature with me this lifetime as my lover. He thou also ended up with my sister too this lifetime (very smooth) and she slept with him behind my back when I was seeing him. My sister ended up working for this guy (as the housekeeper and looking after his kids) this lifetime. Like that other lifetime..he let us both down this lifetime

. In that lifetime, my trade (prostitution) ended up killing me. I died from a sex related disease. In this lifetime he wanted to sleep with both of us at once.. just like he had us doing in that other lifetime (he didnt get his way this lifetime and I dumped him). He really hadnt changed much and this lifetime was caught perving at 12-13 year old girls..

i dont know the point of why we both were brought together again this lifetime unless it was a case of me having to learn to say no to him and stand up to his dominance over me and like take my power and energy back from him. (Neither him or my sister remember that other lifetime).

I cant remember having lifetimes with the rest of my family thou have rememered some with some of my friends.

I havent come across anyone who I know I have a past life with for quite a few years (I tend to start getting memories when Im doing a lot of energywork or spiritual work but not currently doing any of that) but realised a couple of months back that there is a person at this site I do have a past life with. I havent got to discuss it with this person (it isnt something in which one can just come straight out with). In his case.. I get irrational anger when around him.. not of this lifetime. Its interesting as I view him as a friend of mine here and he's such a sweet guy. I wish I knew what he'd done to me in another life but I dont even currently remember when or where it was or what he did (I cant seem to heal myself and forgive from whatever has happened without the knowing of what he did). Ive never found that one can force past life memories.. if a person does, it is just likely to be false (imagination/dream/hypnotic suggestion)

Seewell

Has anyone tryed a past life regression - in relation to this illness ?
I have been thinking about trying this for about 3 years (off and on
I know this is a very deep seated illness,and not external like the women with a weak ankle ect.
But i have heard of other people healing problems in this life - by going into a past life.

After reading your story taniaaust - maybe its good i cant remember my past lifes,because
i have wished that i could.
I feel i strong emotional connection to the indigenous tribes, american indian ect
I dont know if its just a romantic ideal for days gone by- or there is more to it.

(I hope its o.k to put this here Wayne.After reading your last story i thought it was appropriate)

P.S - I have just asked my above question in a new thread :thumbsup:

Wayne

Ive known people to be emotionally destroyed ... or even mentally destroyed by remembering a past life (I knew a past life regressionist therapist who ... left the field after someone was basically mentally destroyed by their memory which she had helped bring up.

This brings up a topic that I feel is important. The stories I related were both written by "spiritual students" who had access to spiritual techniques to help initiate access to their past lives. They also had invaluable assistance from spiritual teachers to guide them through the process of uncovering past life traumas that were affecting them in the present, and then being able to heal from the experience. So they ended up having very positive and transforming experiences from them.

How many people who practice past life regression do you suppose would know how to choose from many lifetimes? And then know which ones a person is ready to review, and which ones are best left alone until they've been given a chance to increase their spiritual stamina?

I recall a story of another spiritual student who had a problem with claustrophobia in this lifetime. He was shown a lifetime where he had spoken out against the church during the Spanish Inquisition in medevial Europe, and was rewarded for this by being bound tightly in a blanket, and dumped in an old abandoned building. He eventually went mad from this horrendous death. At the end of this experience, his spiritual teacher left him with the message, "that's all for now". After this experience, this man felt he had been the "victim" of the church authorities at the time, and didn't think much beyond that.

About ten years later however, he was shown another lifetime. In this one, he was in charge of overseeing slaves that built some of the pyramids and structures of ancient Egypt. One day, one of the slaves upset him, and so he forced him into a small opening within a giant pyramid, and ordered a heavy barricade be placed in front of it, creating a tomb for the unfortunate Soul who most likely spent many days/weeks there before finally dying. He however, went home that night as usual and dined with his family, never giving his actions another thought.

When he learned of his actions in that lifetime, he said it was MUCH, MUCH more difficult for him to deal with than the first past life recall where he felt he was the victim. And he felt grateful his spiritual teachers had given him the opportunity to be as prepared as possible before revealing this to him. I think the moral of the story is that learning from past lives ideally occurs at a time when we've found somebody we are confident can competently help us navigate these waters. My own take is there are not that many who are able to offer this kind of assistance. And the ones who do don't charge for their services.

Wayne

I guess if she dont get over it.. we both will both have to be reincarnated together again to try to sort this out and heal the issues. Maybe next time ..she'll be my mother or father and be forced to have to love me. I cant currently see another way this past life issue is going to solve. Ive now done my dues towards her and unconditionally will love her this lifetime no matter what.

Hi Tania,

This brings up a topic for me that I puzzled pretty long and hard about for a number of years. I had taken an interest in reincarnation in my early 20's, and read a fair amount of literature on it. But I was always frustrated by a nagging question that never got answered satisfactorily. "To what end?" Why do we supposedly go from lifetime to lifetime in what seemed like an unending circle? It all felt pretty wearisome to me.

I then came across a teaching that finally explained it to my satisfaction. What I learned is that cycles of reincarnation eventually ends for all Souls. In this regard, we are all on a common spiritual journey. Essentially, we all achieve spiritual freedom at some point, which brings us a much greater awareness (wisdom) than we now have, and a much greater capacity to love and serve.

taniaaust1

I have been thinking about trying this for about 3 years (off and on
I know this is a very deep seated illness,and not external like the women with a weak ankle ect.
But i have heard of other people healing problems in this life - by going into a past life.

After reading your story taniaaust - maybe its good i cant remember my past lifes,because
i have wished that i could.
I feel i strong emotional connection to the indigenous tribes, american indian ect
I dont know if its just a romantic ideal for days gone by- or there is more to it.

I dont know why its so but I think many of us on earth at this time have had past lives as American Indians and indigenous tribes. Ive had at least 2 past lives with as a native American, one of those was a quite ordinary lifetime (in the other I had some psi skills and was a shaman). I also had a lifetime in which could of been Ican or Mayan.. not sure.. .. its a guess from what I saw and experienced of that time.

My past teacher I mentioned who had a very tough time with his past life which he'd always remembered. He had lead an army in some battle and hence felt he was reasonable for the deaths of many which he just couldnt accept what he had done well... he was so often in like a depressive state over the whole incident and like in a self punishment mode over the whole thing.

I do not advise anyone to try past life regression at all, not for the point of satisifying simple curiousities.. its too dangerous and one can not only have ones mental health affected badly but also may go and unleash things which the person may not even currently believe in..other forces out there. From my own experience, something can be opened up (like create a doorway to other times and places) while messing with that stuff and allow things to come throu.

I only played with past life regression when I was (in my teens and early 20s). I found a two page past life/hypnosis thing in a book which shared what to say to put someone in the state to remember past lifes and with this.. a friend and I started messing around with this stuff.. to our surprise it did things. Very very weird stuff started happening which really scared both of us (house walls vibrating, candles flaring up nearly burning us from a distance etc).

In my very early 20s after gaining confidence in being able to handle the weirder things of life (completely stupid confidence).. Im embarrassed to say that I decided to experiment with this stuff again but this time experimented on my young daughter (didnt have a friend at that point of time to mess around with this stuff with) and hypnotised her to send her back in time to one of her other lives. I started to ask her questions while she was tranced out and she started talking in a completely fluently in a foreign tongue which I couldnt understand at all so I brought her back (I didnt know enough about this stuff to instruct her to talk in English.. I have no idea if that would of worked or not). Fortunately the affects of that hypnosis and past life regression wore off with a little time.

Things once again went very wrong.. and my daughter didnt come back properly.. well she did except she spent the next week or so talking with a strong accent over her English of some language whenever she was speaking. It was upsetting and I nearly had to take her to a professional past life regressionist to try to undone what had been done. (that was how I ended up coming in contact with the professional past life regressionist (and well known author on past life regression) in which I mentioned in my other post..who dont do this stuff anymore cause its DANGEROUS.

That was the last time I messed with that stuff after that scare (I thought she may be permanently left with a strong accent of something) and Ive never even have gone to have a proper past life regression done as Im now aware of the dangers in so many ways. My memories have come sponantously or while ive been undergoing healings... sometimes past life memories come up when one is clearing energy..it can trigger the clearance of past lives and many will remember them spontanously during a healing (often the healer can see them and the healee will be experiencing them at the same time).

GcMAF Australia

No I havent.. Ive never heard of Newton...... curious..why? Thou I have done a little bit of reading on the subject, I havent done much reading of it at all (other then several books).
http://www.spiritualregression.org/
His books include
Journey of Souls and Life Between Lives

Brian L. Weiss uses past lives regression to give cures
http://www.brianweiss.com/

his books include
Many Lives, Many Masters
Through Time into Healing
Only Love Is Real
Messages From the Masters
Same Soul, Many Bodies
Mirrors of Time
Note his book Only love is Real

Hence i try to practise showing love and not criticism

Also life is a school where we learn things, like in the film Groundhog day

GcMAF Australia

I dont like horses, maybe a cowboy in 1800's??
I dont like dark water at night, eg lakes
and i dont like ocean depths
so ??

GcMAF Australia

Indeed this topic raises a number of issues/questions about our present lives and the people we meet along the way.
and what about our families?.
ouch
ouch
and things like karma
ouch ouch

taniaaust1

Hi Tania,

This brings up a topic for me that I puzzled pretty long and hard about for a number of years. I had taken an interest in reincarnation in my early 20's, and read a fair amount of literature on it. But I was always frustrated by a nagging question that never got answered satisfactorily. "To what end?" Why do we supposedly go from lifetime to lifetime in what seemed like an unending circle? It all felt pretty wearisome to me.

I then came across a teaching that finally explained it to my satisfaction. What I learned is that cycles of reincarnation eventually ends for all Souls. In this regard, we are all on a common spiritual journey. Essentially, we all achieve spiritual freedom at some point, which brings us a much greater awareness (wisdom) than we now have, and a much greater capacity to love and serve.

Maybe we are both during that journey but also at the end of it at the same time. What is time? Does time even exist except in these lower frequency dimenisons? Is time an illusionally 3rd/4th Dimensional thing? Maybe we arent going lifetime to lifetime but rather coexising at all those lifetimes at once with each of our consciousnesses from each lifetime..still present in the now???. Maybe each of us are more complex then the just one lifetime at a time thingy...

I'll share a stranger experience of mine. A past self of mine (one of my native american shamanic past lives), she had curiousity about her future self so used her skills to take herself to herself in the future (I assume she was responsible for doing this, she certainly had the ability to do so). She ended up in me. This was a very interesting experience cause here we both were.. both then aware of each other.

I could feel her consciousness and had complete awareness of what she was doing and visa versa. Ourselves in two different points of time.. come together in the same time. She looked out of my eyes (into her future here).. while at the same time.. I spontanously could see out of her eyes. She was standing on a rise ..over looking her village in the distance and the teepees and feeling such love for her peoples there... it felt so amazing to be here. She felt strong, powerful, soo loving and so grounded. haha made me feel rather small this lifetime. So who was existing at that time?? Me or her? We both were existing together for this occurrance to be mutually happening.

I didnt think to try to communicate with my other self (i was kind of stunned to have that spontanously happen, awestruck) and we just aknowledged each other, knowing that we both knew.

One day I may write a book about my various experiences..

Maybe we all are already spiritually free yet dont know it. Who are we really?? Are all our levels of consciousness real? (im refering to human and non human forms of us). What is existing right now?

taniaaust1

http://www.spiritualregression.org/
His books include
Journey of Souls and Life Between Lives

http://www.brianweiss.com/

his books include
Many Lives, Many Masters
Through Time into Healing
Only Love Is Real
Messages From the Masters
Same Soul, Many Bodies
Mirrors of Time
Note his book Only love is Real

Hence i try to practise showing love and not criticism

Also life is a school where we learn things, like in the film Groundhog day

thanks. :)

I have read a couple of Brian Weiss books in the past and do have a couple of those on my book shelf (I cant remember if they were past life regression cases or if they were spontanous memories of past lives occurring. I'll have to recheck them out). His book "Many Lives, Many Masters" was probably my favourite book on the subject of remembering lives and one I highly recommend people to read.

edit
ahh thanks. I missed seeing that when I read your post before. Ive read more books then on the subject of Past life regression then I thought. I have "Only Love is Real" on my bookshelf too (but cant remember reading any of those other books of his).

taniaaust1

Indeed this topic raises a number of issues/questions about our present lives and the people we meet along the way.
and what about our families?.
ouch
ouch
and things like karma
ouch ouch

I guess Aldolf Hitler is one day going to have a hard time dealing with his past life... One wouldnt want to be him going throu a past life regression but then I think he was both crazy and possessed (he was into the dark arts).

GcMAF Australia

lol maybe u were kicked in the head by horse in the 1800s .
Ouch
Ouch
maybe??
and maybe also fell off??
C:\Documents and Settings\Ivan\My Documents\My Pictures

Seewell

This brings up a topic that I feel is important. The stories I related were both written by "spiritual students" who had access to spiritual techniques to help initiate access to their past lives. They also had invaluable assistance from spiritual teachers to guide them through the process of uncovering past life traumas that were affecting them in the present, and then being able to heal from the experience. So they ended up having very positive and transforming experiences from them.

How many people who practice past life regression do you suppose would know how to choose from many lifetimes? And then know which ones a person is ready to review, and which ones are best left alone until they've been given a chance to increase their spiritual stamina?

I recall a story of another spiritual student who had a problem with claustrophobia in this lifetime. He was shown a lifetime where he had spoken out against the church during the Spanish Inquisition in medevial Europe, and was rewarded for this by being bound tightly in a blanket, and dumped in an old abandoned building. He eventually went mad from this horrendous death. At the end of this experience, his spiritual teacher left him with the message, "that's all for now". After this experience, this man felt he had been the "victim" of the church authorities at the time, and didn't think much beyond that.

About ten years later however, he was shown another lifetime. In this one, he was in charge of overseeing slaves that built some of the pyramids and structures of ancient Egypt. One day, one of the slaves upset him, and so he forced him into a small opening within a giant pyramid, and ordered a heavy barricade be placed in front of it, creating a tomb for the unfortunate Soul who most likely spent many days/weeks there before finally dying. He however, went home that night as usual and dined with his family, never giving his actions another thought.

When he learned of his actions in that lifetime, he said it was MUCH, MUCH more difficult for him to deal with than the first past life recall where he felt he was the victim. And he felt grateful his spiritual teachers had given him the opportunity to be as prepared as possible before revealing this to him. I think the moral of the story is that learning from past lives ideally occurs at a time when we've somebody who we are confident can competently help us navigate these waters. My own take is there are not that many who are able to offer this kind of assistance. And the ones who do don't charge for their services.

Hi Wayne
You have definitely stoked up my fire about doing this again.(with caution)
I guess you would have to get lucky and find someone doing this (plr) who really cares.

By the way i have been giving the HU a go. I know i can feel it in my chest when doing it.