• Phoenix Rising needs funds to operate: please consider donating to support PR

Insightful Reincarnation Stories

Wayne

My vote's for here, @Wayne
Hi @Lou,

My orientation and understanding of past lives is based on the teachings of Eckankar. Clicking on the following image will take you directly to their website, and to a section entitled, “Past Lives, Dreams, and Soul Travel”. If you browse this section for a while, you’ll find techniques on how anybody can access their past lives.

I would also recommend clicking on the image below about the ECK Masters, who ensure that any past lives that are accessed are what’s best for a person at this particular time. I’ve come to believe their ability to ensure this is what takes past life recall from being potentially disruptive to spiritually beneficial.

There are pictures of about a dozen ECK Masters on this page, and I’ve read countless stories of people running across Eckankar, and immediately recognizing one of them. They had shown up at some point in their waking lives or in their dreams, often from as long ago as childhood.

Interestingly, they often showed up at times of significant change, or at times of great hardship or danger. Their ongoing protection is one of the spiritual benefits of stepping on this particular path. — For anybody who finds this interesting, and has any questions, I’ll do my best to answer them the best I can. — This free booklet is an excellent introduction.

Last edited:

Kenjie

When I was 18 I had a dream that I was a female in Egyptian times I think I was wearing the heavy head neck and wrist jewellery that when I woke I could still feel the jewellery.

Never thought much of it though.

Another time I had a dream I was in a concentration camp.. It was muddy and somehow I had gotten hold of a long German jacket and was wearing it.. I don't know if I was a prisoner or a soldier but I did try to escape underneath the fence and got shot at several times in the back I could actually feel it... Then I was laying on a bench with someone who was a nurse prying the bullets out with the correct surgical tool...kinda like tweezers.

Never thought much of that either.

Why do we dream and about the things we dream?

Wayne

Why do we dream and about the things we dream?
Hi @Kenjie, those are some pretty interesting dreams you had! It sounds as if they made quite an impression for you to remember them after all this time. -- Regarding your question as to "Why do we dream..."?

I've come to believe there's many different reasons we dream, as well as many different types of dreams. Most books on the subject stress the role of symbols, which is an important aspect. But I also believe most books miss many other aspects just as important as symbols, or even more so.

The best book I've run across on the subject is one offered by the spiritual path I follow, and is called "The Art of Spiritual Dreaming" (Image below). At this link, they have another link to a .pdf file with its Table of Contents, which lists topics that I think are quite remarkable, with chapter titles like, "Dreams and Our Spiritual Journey", "The Dream Master", "Uncover Your Past Lives Through Dreams", etc.

I don't know if this is what you had in mind with your question, but thought I'd at least pass along information on my favorite dream book it in case you had an interest... :)

Wayne

I watched a rather fascinating 15-minute segment on the Dr. Oz show yesterday entitled:

Did You Live a Past Life? The Science Behind Regression Therapy

I found the last five minutes especially intriguing, where they scanned the brain of someone undergoing past life regression. They had a segment which they entitled, "How Fear Could Be Transmitted Genetically". Below is a snippet on the imaging of the brain during regression:

Dr. Daniel Amen, MD neuro-psychiatrist and author, did a brain scan on a patient attempting to go into past life regression, a process in which someone tries to tap into unconscious connections with the past. This image compares the baseline level of the brain to one undergoing a regression analysis. During this analysis, parts of the brain where memories and emotions are stored are activated, though one cannot determine scientifically whether the action in the brain is related to a past life and not just deep therapy.

Last edited:

Effi

This reminds me of an interesting article I read a couple of days ago: http://www.theguardian.com/science/...ors-finds-trauma-passed-on-to-childrens-genes
The theory of inheritable trauma is still mostly based on lab mice, so not sure how much of it can be translated to humans... It's an interesting idea nonetheless I think.
the guardian said:
The team were specifically interested in one region of a gene associated with the regulation of stress hormones, which is known to be affected by trauma. “It makes sense to look at this gene,” said Yehuda. “If there’s a transmitted effect of trauma, it would be in a stress-related gene that shapes the way we cope with our environment.”

They found epigenetic tags on the very same part of this gene in both the Holocaust survivors and their offspring, the same correlation was not found in any of the control group and their children.

Through further genetic analysis, the team ruled out the possibility that the epigenetic changes were a result of trauma that the children had experienced themselves.

“To our knowledge, this provides the first demonstration of transmission of pre-conception stress effects resulting in epigenetic changes in both the exposed parents and their offspring in humans,” said Yehuda

Wayne

I just ran across the following, and thought it fit in nicely with this thread...

Explore Your Past Lives

Our character is made up of virtues and shortcomings, and all are a development from past lives. A reason lurks in the background of every twist of personality. Each trauma from a forgotten life shapes our conduct in a given way. Without exception.
Make a list of people and things you like or dislike. Also note if you feel a special attraction to some country, locale, or time period in history. There is a reason for such interest. When you look at the list, what do you notice? Next, pay attention to your dreams to see if you make any past-life discoveries there.