• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Inositol deficiency, a literal footnote (for a foot crack!)

BadBadBear

Maybe you can offset it with a bit of lithium? It should have the opposite effect to inositol. It's like in "Alice in Wonderland", when you take a bite from different side of the mushroom to find the right balance.

I tried some lithium orotate last night and it seemed good. Thanks for the idea, I will definitely do some experimenting.

BadBadBear

Definitely do not take a arginine supplement then. Better do blood/urine amino acids, and whole genome sequencing to find out if you have a one of a kind super rare arginine genetic disease too.

Thanks, that's a good idea. I have been thinking of doing a broad sweeping test like Spectracell, as finding the inositol issues earlier would have been great.

I had assumed my high viral load was depleting lysine, but who knows. Lysine tends to be energizing for me, which seems to be unusual.

pamojja

Watch out for increased T3 conversion, or at least that's what LO seems to do in my case (and progesterone too)

Doesn't seem to be the case with me. Recently tested whole blood lithium came back at 0.11 mg/l (0.01-0.05 normal range). But fT3 still below normal.

Iritu1021

Breaking Through The Fog
Doesn't seem to be the case with me. Recently tested whole blood lithium came back at 0.11 mg/l (0.01-0.05 normal range). But fT3 still below normal.
Huh... Do you take orotate or another form? I took 30 mg of LO per day at one point and my lithium level was still undetectable.

Another reason could be that maybe this peripheral conversion is linked to hypothalamic settings only works with a certain type of neurochemistry but not with others. Do you think you might be more on the bipolar spectrum like me and @BadBadBear, i.e. have you ever precipitated hypomanic episodes with drugs/supplements/hormones, do your symptoms fluctuate and change frequently, or are you very stable/unipolar by nature? I'm definitely more toward bipolar side and I noticed that my T3 is prone to wild fluctuations both from a number of factors.

pamojja

My symptoms do fluctuate and change, though very little from supplements and mentally I'm very stable.

Took some lithium orotate (with 5mg elemental lithium), but since a couple of years take a high Mg Mineral water (contains 1 g per lliter; Rogaska Donat Mg), which also contains 3mg of elemental lithium. Got about a liter per day.

My last lithium whole blood test 3 years ago came still back at 0.06, and 6 years ago at 0.05. But at that time I already started with the mineral water.