• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Infection related sulphur intolarence

Lately I develop a high intolerance for sulphur containing foods and suplements basically : garlic, nac , ala, msm and etc. ( I love aeting garlic ps)

All of them give me imsomnia, racing heart, frequent bowel movements and urinary frequecy. I wonder if anyone solve this issue.

My story is a bit complicated one however to make it short I might have candida , chlamydia pnemonia high IgG and cmv and recurrent malesssizia furfur (( mostly skin property of sweating a lot and use of abx for a long time).

Of course I had covid and I was diagnosed with small fiber neuropathy after having covid or covid jabs which I am not sure the real contributor is.

I have been sick for 8 years It started with prostatitis however evolved to many other ailments like sfn, dsyautonomia and etc recently( lets say last 3 years). Burning pain is a hell and I have also muscle weaknesses that :I can not walk more than 10 minutes

I tried antibiotics and probiotics at once with succes by using clarithromycin for prostatitis. Now I can not tolerate most of the abx and antifungals . Azithromycin gave me itching and hives and etc. I mean I know we are all patients here with lots of different ilnesses and syndromes and giving suggestions is somewhat doubtful . However I want opinions on it if you please I will be happy. I just wonder anyone was through the same story like me.

Finally, I will try buhner herbs for lyme esp Chlamydia to see how the situaiton change.( because no one will give me here in my country long time abx prescription)

I will let you know thank you.

In addition I would like to thank you for this forum ( moderators , contributors etc) This ilness must be seen recognized by many healthcare practitions and we must at least get a proper diagnose and some things treatments at least to give us some relief.

Last edited by a moderator:

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Yeah, I have a hard time with sulfur/thiol foods and supplements too. I get migraines from them.

Though I may be more moderate than you since I can still have organic onions. I say organic because I think I also react to the fungicides that are sprayed on non-organic onions.

There are some posts on PR about people using Molybdenum to help for this but so far whenever I try it, it makes me feel worse.

Yeah, I have a hard time with sulfur/thiol foods and supplements too. I get migraines from them.

Though I may be more moderate than you since I can still have organic onions. I say organic because I think I also react to the fungicides that are sprayed on non-organic onions.

There are some posts on PR about people using Molybdenum to help for this but so far whenever I try it, it makes me feel worse.
Tahnk you however ı could not even find molybdenum as a stand alone supplemnt in my country. Only in multivitamins. laten on I researched the forum ( sorry which I must did it before the post) Other people mentioned probiotics and b12. I do not know they get control it. O r I really wonder antifunfgals or anbitotics ( might be herbal or not) solve this issue. Therefore we could sya it is hidden infections behind it.

Violeta

Chlamydia pneumonia of causes secondary porphyria, and porphyria can cause sulfur problems. I don't know if it's correct to say porphyria 'can' cause sulfur problems,'does' cause sulfur problems, or 'is' a sulfur problem.

Chlamydia pneumonia of causes secondary porphyria, and porphyria can cause sulfur problems. I don't know if it's correct to say porphyria 'can' cause sulfur problems,'does' cause sulfur problems, or 'is' a sulfur problem.
Thanks a lot. I will try to adress cpn first wiht some herbals and I wish the best because I have been sick for 8 years.

Violeta

One thing that I read about chlamydia pn is that it takes advantage of iron, and I'm not sure if the iron has to be free radical iron, I'll see what else I can remember. But here's a study about that. Maybe something like EGCG or something else that deals with free radicals would help.

Low iron availability modulates the course of Chlamydia pneumoniae infection

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11422085/

Violeta

Homeopathic sulphur might help, too.

These are the respiratory symptoms helped by sulphur.

Respiratory.--Oppression and burning sensation in chest. Difficult respiration; wants windows open. Aphonia. Heat, throughout chest. Red, brown spots all over chest. Loose cough; worse talking, morning, greenish, purulent, sweetish expectoration. Much rattling of mucus. Chest feels heavy; stitches, with heart feeling too large and palpitating pleuritic exudations. Use Tinctura sulphuris. Stitching pains shooting through to the back, worse lying on back or breathing deeply. Flushes of heat in chest rising to head. Oppression, as of a load on chest. Dyspnśa in middle of night, relieved by sitting up. Pulse more rapid in morning than in evening.

http://www.homeoint.org/books/boericmm/s/sulph.htm

You could consider one of the iron homeopathics, too.

This is ferrum phos

Respiratory.--First stage of all inflammatory affections. Congestions of lungs. Hæmoptysis. Short, painful tickling cough. Croup. Hard, dry cough, with sore chest. Hoarseness. Expectoration of pure blood in pneumonia (Millefol). Cough better at night.

Thanks for the suggestions. Obvious it depletes minerals and vitamins as I also have high homocystein once.
As for homeopathy I am sure I could not find them. Will try b12 probiotics and an idiotic simple one drinking mineral water :) a silly one.
Egcg in green tea?